Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ranked the same in value as the slaves?
(a) Farm animals .
(b) House pets.
2. Which slaveholders exhibit more morality?
(a) The Lloyds.
(b) The Garrisons.
(c) Southern slaveholders.
(d) City slaveholders.
3. Why does Douglass let his master's horse go?
(a) To keep the horse from getting killed.
(b) To show that animals are not as smart as slaves.
(c) To retrieve it from his previous plantation so he could get some food.
(d) To be mean.
4. Who is the new slaveholder in Chapter Nine that Douglass is not afraid to go to?
(a) Mr. Carry.
(b) Mr. Leonard.
(c) Mr. Johnson.
(d) Mr. Covey.
5. How many slaves has Mrs. Auld owned before?
6. What happens to Douglass's grandmother when she gets older?
(a) She is freed.
(b) She has to move to a mud hut in the woods.
(c) She continues to care for her master.
(d) She is allowed to go and take Douglass with her.
7. How is Douglass's new master in Chapter Nine different than Douglass' previous owners?
(a) He's a coward.
(b) He's nice.
(c) He beats Douglass.
(d) He talks to Douglass like he does a white man.
8. Who does Douglass say he will miss from his former plantation?
(a) Master Daniel.
(b) Master Garrison.
(d) No one.
9. What does Mrs. Auld do for a living?
(a) She is a secretary.
(b) She owns a business.
(c) She is a teacher.
(d) She is a housewife.
10. What happens to Douglass after he is given to Mrs. Lucretia?
(a) He moves with her to South Carolina.
(b) She gives him to Master Andrew.
(c) He's sent back to the plantation he just came from.
(d) He moves with her to North Carolina.
11. Where is Douglass sent to live in order to help a relative of his master?
(c) To a nearby farm.
12. What does Douglass mainly do with his time off while working for Mr. Covey?
(d) Visit with street children.
13. What does Douglass think will help him to become a free slave?
(a) God's spirit living in him.
(b) The kindness of his master.
(c) Doing what he's told.
(d) Moving to live with his master's relative.
14. What causes Douglass to change in Chapter Ten?
(a) Fighting the slave trainer and winning.
(b) Learning to read.
(d) Learning to write.
15. What does Douglass hope for by going to the new farm where he is lent to a man for a year?
(a) To have more food.
(b) To be beaten less.
(c) To have the chance to run away.
(d) To have more time to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglass not have enough time to do while working for Mr. Covey?
2. What is Douglass most upset about by the end of Chapter Eight?
3. What does the slave master tell his wife regarding not teaching slaves to read?
4. Who became an abusive alcoholic?
5. Why does Douglass have to go back to his birth place?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)