|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wendell Phillips do for a living?
(a) He is a soldier.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a publisher.
(d) He is a writer.
2. In what city in Massachusetts does Garrison hear the speech about slavery?
3. What does Douglass realize about education in Chapter Six?
(a) Learning to read will help him earn money.
(b) He is smart.
(c) Uneducated slaves can be controlled.
(d) Slaves can be educated.
4. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
5. About what age is Douglass when his mother dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the main farm house that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
2. What is the name of the overseer who Douglass describes as cursing all day and whose death was seen as a blessing?
3. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
4. Who does Douglass say he will miss from his former plantation?
5. How long is the food that is given to the adult slaves suppose to last?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)