|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Garrison describe Douglass's nature?
2. What best defines what mulatto means?
(a) A person who is violent to slaves.
(b) A slave child.
(c) A person who has one white parent and one blank parent.
(d) An adulterous relationship between a master and a slave.
3. Who is Whittier?
(a) A poet.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A slaveholder.
(d) A doctor.
4. What does Colonel Lloyd do about one of his slaves getting killed?
(a) He turns the slave master in to the authorities.
(b) He fires the slave master.
(c) He does nothing and lets the incident pass.
(d) He makes the slave master pay the cost of the slave.
5. What is Douglass most upset about by the end of Chapter Eight?
(a) He still has not tried to escape.
(b) That his grandmother is mistreated.
(c) That his first slaveholder doesn't put him in his will.
(d) He has to go work in the fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Douglass shocked at seeing the female slave being beaten?
2. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
3. What type of style does the First Preface take on?
4. What does the slave master tell his wife regarding not teaching slaves to read?
5. What type of language is used in the First Preface?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)