|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Garrison's newspaper published?
(a) Before the Civil War.
(b) Before, during, and after the Civil War.
(c) During the Civil War.
(d) After the Civil War.
2. What is Douglass concerned about in Chapter One?
(a) Not having enough food.
(b) His Mom.
(c) His age.
(d) Being beaten.
3. What does Douglass take with him when he goes on errands?
(a) A book.
(b) A piece of paper.
(c) A stick to write in the dirt.
(d) A newspaper.
4. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
(a) Mississippi River.
(b) Miles River.
(c) Chippewa River.
(d) Maryland River.
5. What does the father and son slave team take care of on the Colonel's farm?
(a) The garden.
(b) The carriages, horses, and stables.
(c) The cows and other farm animals.
(d) The pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the ships Phillips describes in the second preface carrying?
2. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Two?
3. Approximately how many issues of his newspaper does Garrison publish?
4. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
5. How does Mr. Lanman kill one of two slaves?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)