|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Garrison refers to Douglas as a man with...
(a) "Commanding stature."
(b) "A body ravaged by time."
(c) "Little hope."
(d) "High regard."
2. Why does Douglass like the job he does for Daniel?
(a) He gets to sleep later the next day.
(b) He gets extra water.
(c) He gets food.
(d) He doesn't have to work as hard.
3. Who is Frederick Douglass's first master?
(a) Captain Anthony.
(b) William Davenport.
(c) James O'Conner.
(d) William Lloyd Garrison.
4. What is the female slave's name that Douglass describes being beaten by the supervisor?
(a) Jan Harris.
(b) Ann Jester.
(c) Arlene Henry.
(d) Aunt Hester.
5. What does the slave master who replaced Mr. Hopkins want to do?
(a) Keep his job by not being overly noticed.
(b) Earn enough money to buy his own slaves.
(c) Buy his own farm.
(d) Increase his position with Colonel Lloyd.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the punishment of slaves and the food given out?
2. What rumor does Douglass tell about himself in Chapter one?
3. What does Douglass describe in Chapter Five?
4. What does Douglass focus on describing in Chapter Three?
5. What does Douglass get to eat as a child on the plantation?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)