|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglass's master teach him?
(a) Slaves are smart.
(b) Learning is hard.
(c) Education will lead to his freedom.
(d) Education will help him earn money.
2. What rumor does Douglass tell about himself in Chapter one?
(a) His father is a white man.
(b) His father is a lawyer.
(c) His father is a slave trader.
(d) His father is a Civil War soldier.
3. What does the father and son slave team take care of on the Colonel's farm?
(a) The pool.
(b) The carriages, horses, and stables.
(c) The garden.
(d) The cows and other farm animals.
4. Who says, "It would forever unfit him to be a slave?"
(a) Mr. Lloyd.
(b) Mr. Anthony.
(c) Mr. Auld.
(d) Mrs. Auld.
5. What are the ships Phillips describes in the second preface carrying?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Lanman brags about the two killings what happens?
2. Who helps Frederick Douglass with his writing?
3. Who does Douglass have to fight with to get his daily food?
4. Where does Douglass sleep while working on the plantation as a child?
5. How many shirts does each working slave get for a year?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)