|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Auld do for a living?
(a) She is a secretary.
(b) She owns a business.
(c) She is a teacher.
(d) She is a housewife.
2. What is Douglass most upset about by the end of Chapter Eight?
(a) That his first slaveholder doesn't put him in his will.
(b) He still has not tried to escape.
(c) That his grandmother is mistreated.
(d) He has to go work in the fields.
3. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
(a) An experiment to test working conditions on plantations.
(b) An experiment to keep slave families together.
(c) An experiment to see if slaves that were freed would be just as productive as the slaves who were not.
(d) An experiment to make white people slaves.
4. Which slaveholders exhibit more morality?
(a) The Garrisons.
(b) City slaveholders.
(c) The Lloyds.
(d) Southern slaveholders.
5. How does Garrison describe Douglass's nature?
Short Answer Questions
1. What best defines what mulatto means?
2. What does Wendell Phillips do for a living?
3. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Seven?
4. Why does Douglass like the job he does for Daniel?
5. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)