|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Garrison builds up Douglass as an icon of what movement?
2. Who is Frederick Douglass's first master?
(a) James O'Conner.
(b) William Lloyd Garrison.
(c) Captain Anthony.
(d) William Davenport.
3. Why is Douglass shocked at seeing the female slave being beaten?
(a) She is young and pregnant.
(b) He lives at the far end of the farm and is sheltered from these occurrences.
(c) He thinks the supervisor is a good man.
(d) He thinks she is nice.
4. Which slaveholders exhibit more morality?
(a) City slaveholders.
(b) Southern slaveholders.
(c) The Lloyds.
(d) The Garrisons.
5. What does Douglass hope for by going to the new farm where he is lent to a man for a year?
(a) To have the chance to run away.
(b) To have more time to read.
(c) To be beaten less.
(d) To have more food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
2. What does Douglass describe in Chapter Five?
3. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Seven?
4. Who does Douglass begin Chapter One talking about?
5. Where is Douglass sent to live in order to help a relative of his master?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)