|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
(a) A pastor's.
(b) A teacher's.
(c) A doctor's.
(d) A lawyer's.
2. What is a main theme that Douglass uses in Chapter Three?
(a) Love can come from unexpected sources.
(b) Competition brings out the best in people.
(c) Slavery makes people feel less than human.
(d) Hunger will cause people to do almost anything.
3. How many years does Garrison publish his newspaper?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 35 years.
4. What makes Douglass unhappy during Chapter Seven?
(a) His new found knowledge about slavery.
(b) Missing his mother.
(c) Being starved.
(d) Being beaten.
5. Who tries to help Douglass learn the alphabet?
(a) Mrs. Lloyd .
(b) Mrs. Auld.
(c) Mr. Auld.
(d) Mr. Anthony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Douglass happy about receiving for his trip to help one of his master's relatives?
2. What does "abolitionist" mean?
3. About what age is Douglass when his mother dies?
4. What is one of the contrasting effects of slavery that Douglass suffers, according to Garrison?
5. What type of language is used in the First Preface?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)