|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the overseer who Douglass describes as cursing all day and whose death was seen as a blessing?
(a) Mr. Lloyd.
(b) Mr. Severe.
(c) Mr. Hopkins.
(d) Mr. Anthony.
2. What is Douglass irritated with his mother for?
(a) For coming to visit him, knowing she could get beaten for it.
(b) Not telling him who his father is.
(c) For leaving him even though he knows she could not help it.
(d) For dying.
3. How does Douglass describe the slave master who replaces Mr. Hopkins?
(a) As ruthless and violent.
(b) As hateful.
(c) As scary.
(d) As mean and nasty.
4. Who does Douglass's first master have as a supervisor?
(a) Mr. Garrison.
(b) Mr. Plummer.
(c) Mr. Phillips.
(d) Mr. Grady.
5. What stays in Douglass's memory for the rest of his life?
(a) The emotional impact of babies being taken from their mothers.
(b) The images of the slaves being beaten.
(c) The emotional impact of the songs the slaves sing.
(d) The images of slaves being hung.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Thomases?
2. What best defines what mulatto means?
3. Which slaveholders exhibit more morality?
4. Where is Douglass sent to live in order to help a relative of his master?
5. What does Douglass start to go through in Chapter Nine that is new to him?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)