|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which relatives' names does Douglass know?
(a) His mother and his aunt.
(b) His father and his uncle.
(c) His father and his parents.
(d) His mother and her parents.
2. Where does Douglass sleep while working on the plantation as a child?
(a) In a corn sack on the dirt floor.
(b) Under a blanket on the dirt floor.
(c) In a hay stack.
(d) In one of the animal's stalls.
3. Garrison refers to Douglas as a man with...
(a) "Commanding stature."
(b) "Little hope."
(c) "High regard."
(d) "A body ravaged by time."
4. What does Douglass use of Master Thomas's to help him write?
(a) History book.
(c) Spelling book.
5. What type of language is used in the First Preface?
(a) Comical language.
(b) Simple language.
(c) Complicated language.
(d) Direct language.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Douglass describe as being tenderhearted when he first met her?
2. What does Douglass's master teach him?
3. What type of style does the First Preface take on?
4. Who is the new slaveholder in Chapter Nine that Douglass is not afraid to go to?
5. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)