|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Douglass let his master's horse go?
(a) To retrieve it from his previous plantation so he could get some food.
(b) To keep the horse from getting killed.
(c) To show that animals are not as smart as slaves.
(d) To be mean.
2. How many slaves are at the main farm?
(a) Four or five hundred.
(b) Ten or twenty.
(c) Thirty or forty.
(d) Three or four hundred.
3. What is the female slave's name that Douglass describes being beaten by the supervisor?
(a) Ann Jester.
(b) Jan Harris.
(c) Aunt Hester.
(d) Arlene Henry.
4. What does the father and son slave team take care of on the Colonel's farm?
(a) The cows and other farm animals.
(b) The pool.
(c) The carriages, horses, and stables.
(d) The garden.
5. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
(a) The person goes to jail.
(b) The person moves away.
(c) The person is murdered.
(d) The person gets help and rebuilds what was destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age are slave children separated from their mothers?
2. Where does Douglass's master go in Chapter Nine that changes his behavior?
3. What is the year that Douglass first remembers when he moved?
4. Which master did the slaves know to be violent?
5. Which slaveholders exhibit more morality?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)