|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the slaves produce on the main farm besides tobacco and corn?
2. What does the Colonel do when the slaves disrespect him?
(a) He withholds food.
(b) He reduces their water supply.
(c) He trades them away.
(d) He beats them.
3. Why is Douglass shocked at seeing the female slave being beaten?
(a) He lives at the far end of the farm and is sheltered from these occurrences.
(b) He thinks she is nice.
(c) She is young and pregnant.
(d) He thinks the supervisor is a good man.
4. What happens to Douglass's grandmother when she gets older?
(a) She is freed.
(b) She is allowed to go and take Douglass with her.
(c) She has to move to a mud hut in the woods.
(d) She continues to care for her master.
5. Which relatives' names does Douglass know?
(a) His mother and his aunt.
(b) His mother and her parents.
(c) His father and his uncle.
(d) His father and his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglass think will help him to become a free slave?
2. What is the name of the slave who is killed in the water when he refuses to get out after being beaten?
3. What is ranked the same in value as the slaves?
4. What is the subject matter of two books that Douglass reads and finds interesting?
5. Who does Douglass's first master oversee?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)