|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frederick Douglass say disgusts him?
(b) Slaveholders forcing themselves on slave women, then having children with them.
(c) Slave traders.
(d) Slaves being beaten .
2. Who does Douglass say the slaveholders feel they are protected by?
(a) Town Mayors.
3. What do the white sails of the ships mentioned in the Second Preface symbolize?
4. Who is Colonel Edward Lloyd?
(a) A slaveholder.
(b) A Civil War soldier.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A doctor.
5. What does "abolitionist" mean?
(a) Someone who wants to get rid of slavery.
(b) A person from the south who is fighting to keep slavery laws intact.
(c) Someone who works to make laws for slaveholders stronger.
(d) Someone who wants all slaves in the North free.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
2. What does the author of the Second Preface compare slaves to?
3. What does Wendell Phillips do for a living?
4. What type of writing is the second preface?
5. In what city in Massachusetts does Garrison hear the speech about slavery?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)