|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What extreme example does Douglass give in Chapter Four of what slaveholders are able to get away with?
(a) Beating slaves.
(b) Murdering slaves.
(c) Starving slaves.
(d) Overworking slaves.
2. Why do the slaves say kind words about their masters?
(a) To gain the masters respect.
(b) To gain better living accomadations.
(c) To receive more food.
(d) Because they are afraid of being traded away.
3. How long is the food that is given to the adult slaves suppose to last?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Two months.
(d) One month.
4. How does Garrison describe Douglass's nature?
5. How many overseers are there for the farms that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
(a) There are two overseers for the farms.
(b) There is one overseer for every three farms and one main overseer for all.
(c) There is only one overseer .
(d) There is one overseer for each farm and one main overseer for all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father and son slave team take care of on the Colonel's farm?
2. What happens to Douglass after he is given to Mrs. Lucretia?
3. How is Douglass's new master in Chapter Nine different than Douglass' previous owners?
4. Where is the punishment of slaves and the food given out?
5. Who does Douglass begin Chapter One talking about?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)