|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Douglass supposed to look while talking to the master's wife?
(a) Look at the floor.
(b) Look her in the eyes.
(c) Look ahead, just not right at her.
(d) Look away.
2. What does the slaveholder use as a way to justify slavery?
(b) The need for workers.
(d) Slaves need guidance to survive.
3. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
4. What does Douglass focus on describing in Chapter Three?
(a) The luxuries of slaveholders .
(b) The punishments slaves endure.
(c) His teenage years.
(d) Slave families attempt at staying together.
5. What do the slaves produce on the main farm besides tobacco and corn?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Douglass think he is in the First Chapter?
2. What does "abolitionist" mean?
3. Who writes the first preface of the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave?
4. Garrison asks the reader for sympathy for whom?
5. In what time period of his life does Douglass's detailed descriptions in Chapter Two take place?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)