|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
2. Why does Douglass have to go back to his birth place?
(a) He gets in trouble .
(b) His first master dies and has no will.
(c) His first master wants him to go with his son.
(d) His first master is mad with his current owners.
3. What is a main theme that Douglass uses in Chapter Three?
(a) Hunger will cause people to do almost anything.
(b) Competition brings out the best in people.
(c) Love can come from unexpected sources.
(d) Slavery makes people feel less than human.
4. How many house servants does Colonel Lloyd have?
(a) Twenty or twenty five.
(b) Ten or fifteen .
(c) Five or ten.
(d) Eight or ten.
5. What does Mrs. Auld do for a living?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is a secretary.
(c) She is a housewife.
(d) She owns a business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
2. Garrison refers to Douglas as a man with...
3. What is one of the contrasting effects of slavery that Douglass suffers, according to Garrison?
4. Garrison builds up Douglass as an icon of what movement?
5. When is Garrison's newspaper published?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)