|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which master did the slaves know to be violent?
(a) Master Garrison.
(b) Master Lloyd.
(c) Master Andrew.
(d) Master Thomas.
2. What is the name of the newspaper Garrison publishes?
(a) New Englander.
(b) The Slave Master.
(c) The Liberator.
(d) The Slave Trader.
3. What plan does Douglass decide not to give up on by the end of Chapter Eight?
(a) To help his grandmother.
(b) To learn to read.
(c) To learn to write.
(d) To be free.
4. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
5. How many slaves does Colonel Lloyd have in total?
(a) About two thousand.
(b) About eight hundred.
(c) About thirteen hundred.
(d) About one thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglass start to go through in Chapter Nine that is new to him?
2. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
3. What is the name of the slave who is killed in the water when he refuses to get out after being beaten?
4. Why is Douglass's new master in Chapter Nine different than his previous owners?
5. How many shirts does each working slave get for a year?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)