|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Douglass describe as being tenderhearted when he first met her?
(a) Mrs. Lloyd.
(b) Ms. Daniel.
(c) Mrs. Auld.
(d) Mrs. Anthony.
2. What is ranked the same in value as the slaves?
(a) House pets.
(b) Farm animals .
3. Why is Douglass's new master in Chapter Nine different than his previous owners?
(a) He likes Douglass and treats him better than the other slaves.
(b) He became a slaveholder when he was older through marriage.
(c) He is an abolitionist.
(d) He wants to abide by his wife's wishes and treat the slaves well.
4. Who says, "It would forever unfit him to be a slave?"
(a) Mr. Auld.
(b) Mr. Anthony.
(c) Mr. Lloyd.
(d) Mrs. Auld.
5. What does "abolitionist" mean?
(a) Someone who works to make laws for slaveholders stronger.
(b) A person from the south who is fighting to keep slavery laws intact.
(c) Someone who wants all slaves in the North free.
(d) Someone who wants to get rid of slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many farms does Colonel Edward Lloyd own?
2. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
3. How many shirts does each working slave get for a year?
4. In what city in Massachusetts does Garrison hear the speech about slavery?
5. Why does the Colonel put tar on the fence?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)