|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the female slave's name that Douglass describes being beaten by the supervisor?
(a) Arlene Henry.
(b) Ann Jester.
(c) Aunt Hester.
(d) Jan Harris.
2. What happens to Douglass after he is given to Mrs. Lucretia?
(a) He's sent back to the plantation he just came from.
(b) She gives him to Master Andrew.
(c) He moves with her to South Carolina.
(d) He moves with her to North Carolina.
3. While Douglass talks about slavery, what does he have flashbacks about?
(a) His first love.
(b) His family.
(c) His first master.
(d) A friend who is a slave as a child.
4. Why does the Colonel put tar on the fence?
(a) To ruin the slaves only clothes if they try to climb it.
(b) To keep the animals away.
(c) To know if the slaves try to escape.
(d) To identify any slave that attempts to steal.
5. What type of language is used in the First Preface?
(a) Complicated language.
(b) Simple language.
(c) Comical language.
(d) Direct language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author of the Second Preface compare slaves to?
2. What plan does Douglass decide not to give up on by the end of Chapter Eight?
3. Who writes the first preface of the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave?
4. What does Douglass get to eat as a child on the plantation?
5. What is Douglass's concern symbolic for?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)