|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
2. What is a teenage girl in Douglass's own family killed for?
(a) Not properly cleaning the kitchen.
(b) Feeding the house animals too much.
(c) Falling asleep while babysitting.
(d) Talking to the masters children.
3. Who is Whittier?
(a) A slaveholder.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A poet.
4. While Douglass talks about slavery, what does he have flashbacks about?
(a) His first master.
(b) His first love.
(c) His family.
(d) A friend who is a slave as a child.
5. What is the name of the overseer for the main farm house?
(a) Captain Anthony.
(b) Captain Jack.
(c) Captain O'Connel.
(d) Colonel Edward Lloyd.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Douglass like the job he does for Daniel?
2. What does "abolitionist" mean?
3. Which master did the slaves know to be violent?
4. What type of writing is the second preface?
5. What does Douglass's master teach him?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)