|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Douglass concerned about in Chapter One?
(a) His age.
(b) Being beaten.
(c) His Mom.
(d) Not having enough food.
2. How many slaves are at the main farm?
(a) Three or four hundred.
(b) Thirty or forty.
(c) Ten or twenty.
(d) Four or five hundred.
3. Who writes the second preface?
(a) Wendell Phillips.
(b) Frederick Douglass.
(c) William Lloyd Garrison.
(d) Daniel O'Connell.
4. Who helps Frederick Douglass with his writing?
(a) James McAlister.
(b) No one.
(c) Daniel O'Connell.
(d) William L. Garrison.
5. Who is Whittier?
(a) A poet.
(b) A slaveholder.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Douglass after he is given to Mrs. Lucretia?
2. What plan does Douglass decide not to give up on by the end of Chapter Eight?
3. Who teaches Douglass some written words?
4. At what age are slave children separated from their mothers?
5. What is the female slave's name that Douglass describes being beaten by the supervisor?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)