|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the possible real reason that the female slave was beaten?
(a) She runs away, but is later caught.
(b) She steals some food.
(c) She is disobedent.
(d) She is found with a male slave and her master is jealous.
2. What does Mrs. Auld do for a living?
(a) She is a housewife.
(b) She is a teacher.
(c) She is a secretary.
(d) She owns a business.
3. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
4. What is the name of the main farm house that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
(a) Lloyd Farm House.
(b) Farm House of Lloyd.
(c) Great House Farm.
(d) Lloyd Family Farm.
5. What is ranked the same in value as the slaves?
(b) Farm animals .
(c) House pets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
2. What is Colonel Lloyd obsessed with?
3. What does the slaveholder use as a way to justify slavery?
4. How old does Douglass think he is in the First Chapter?
5. How many years does Garrison publish his newspaper?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)