|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "It would forever unfit him to be a slave?"
(a) Mr. Lloyd.
(b) Mrs. Auld.
(c) Mr. Auld.
(d) Mr. Anthony.
2. What does Mrs. Auld do for a living?
(a) She owns a business.
(b) She is a secretary.
(c) She is a teacher.
(d) She is a housewife.
3. What is Douglass's concern symbolic for?
(a) Not being loved.
(b) Lack of control.
(c) Loss of his identity.
(d) Feeling helpless.
4. What rumor does Douglass tell about himself in Chapter one?
(a) His father is a slave trader.
(b) His father is a Civil War soldier.
(c) His father is a lawyer.
(d) His father is a white man.
5. What body of water does Phillips say Douglass has seen the ships sailing on?
(a) The Boston Harbor.
(b) The Atlantic Ocean.
(c) Cape Cod.
(d) The Chesapeake Bay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Garrison builds up Douglass as an icon of what movement?
2. How does Mr. Lanman kill one of two slaves?
3. Why does Douglass have to go back to his birth place?
4. What type of style does the First Preface take on?
5. What stays in Douglass's memory for the rest of his life?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)