|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
(a) A slave master.
(b) A slave.
(c) An abolitionist.
(d) A Civil War soldier.
2. What does Colonel Lloyd own that takes five men to maintain?
(a) A large food storage building.
(b) A garden.
(c) A pool.
(d) A ship.
3. What is the competition among the slaves?
(a) Each insists that their master is better than the other's master.
(b) Who could go without a beating for the longest.
(c) The one who is yelled at the least.
(d) Who has the most food left after a week.
4. Who helps Frederick Douglass with his writing?
(a) James McAlister.
(b) Daniel O'Connell.
(c) No one.
(d) William L. Garrison.
5. Who is Colonel Edward Lloyd?
(a) A Civil War soldier.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A slaveholder.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the slave who is killed in the water when he refuses to get out after being beaten?
2. What is Colonel Lloyd obsessed with?
3. What rumor does Douglass tell about himself in Chapter one?
4. In what time period of his life does Douglass's detailed descriptions in Chapter Two take place?
5. How does Douglass describe the slave master who replaces Mr. Hopkins?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)