|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father and son slave team take care of on the Colonel's farm?
(a) The cows and other farm animals.
(b) The pool.
(c) The garden.
(d) The carriages, horses, and stables.
2. How many slaves does Colonel Lloyd have in total?
(a) About one thousand.
(b) About eight hundred.
(c) About thirteen hundred.
(d) About two thousand.
3. What type of style does the First Preface take on?
(a) A religious sermon.
4. What is the possible real reason that the female slave was beaten?
(a) She steals some food.
(b) She is disobedent.
(c) She runs away, but is later caught.
(d) She is found with a male slave and her master is jealous.
5. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Two?
(a) His first masters and the farms he lives on.
(b) His aunts and uncles.
(c) His mother and her parents.
(d) His brother and sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the overseer for the main farm house?
2. Why is Douglass shocked at seeing the female slave being beaten?
3. What stays in Douglass's memory for the rest of his life?
4. What does Douglass focus on describing in Chapter Three?
5. What brings tears to Douglass's eyes?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)