|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Colonel put tar on the fence?
(a) To keep the animals away.
(b) To know if the slaves try to escape.
(c) To ruin the slaves only clothes if they try to climb it.
(d) To identify any slave that attempts to steal.
2. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
3. How does Mr. Lanman kill one of two slaves?
4. Who is Slave Master Mr. Hopkins replaced with?
(a) Mr. Silas.
(b) Mr. Gore.
(c) Mr. Anthony.
(d) Mr. Severe.
5. Which relatives' names does Douglass know?
(a) His mother and his aunt.
(b) His mother and her parents.
(c) His father and his uncle.
(d) His father and his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Frederick Douglass's first master?
2. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
3. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
4. Who does Phillips watch being dragged off to be lynched?
5. What is the competition among the slaves?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)