|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colonel Lloyd own that takes five men to maintain?
(a) A large food storage building.
(b) A pool.
(c) A garden.
(d) A ship.
2. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
(a) The Bible.
(b) A letter.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A journal.
3. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
4. How many shirts does each working slave get for a year?
5. What is Douglass irritated with his mother for?
(a) For coming to visit him, knowing she could get beaten for it.
(b) For leaving him even though he knows she could not help it.
(c) Not telling him who his father is.
(d) For dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does Garrison publish his newspaper?
2. What does the slave master who replaced Mr. Hopkins want to do?
3. What body of water does Phillips say Douglass has seen the ships sailing on?
4. Why is Douglass shocked at seeing the female slave being beaten?
5. What type of language is used in the First Preface?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)