|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many slaves does Colonel Lloyd have in total?
(a) About one thousand.
(b) About two thousand.
(c) About eight hundred.
(d) About thirteen hundred.
2. What does the Colonel do when the slaves disrespect him?
(a) He trades them away.
(b) He beats them.
(c) He reduces their water supply.
(d) He withholds food.
3. What is the name of the overseer for the main farm house?
(a) Captain O'Connel.
(b) Captain Anthony.
(c) Captain Jack.
(d) Colonel Edward Lloyd.
4. Who is Slave Master Mr. Hopkins replaced with?
(a) Mr. Gore.
(b) Mr. Severe.
(c) Mr. Anthony.
(d) Mr. Silas.
5. What type of writing is the second preface?
(a) A short story.
(b) A letter.
(c) A poem.
(d) An essay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Douglass concerned about in Chapter One?
2. What is Douglass's concern symbolic for?
3. In what time period of his life does Douglass's detailed descriptions in Chapter Two take place?
4. How many years does Garrison publish his newspaper?
5. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)