|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best defines what mulatto means?
(a) A slave child.
(b) An adulterous relationship between a master and a slave.
(c) A person who is violent to slaves.
(d) A person who has one white parent and one blank parent.
2. What does the slave master who replaced Mr. Hopkins want to do?
(a) Earn enough money to buy his own slaves.
(b) Keep his job by not being overly noticed.
(c) Increase his position with Colonel Lloyd.
(d) Buy his own farm.
3. What event does Phillips predict?
(a) The end of slavery the following year.
(b) The death of Douglass.
(c) His own death.
(d) The Civil War.
4. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
5. What are the ships Phillips describes in the second preface carrying?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the second preface?
2. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
3. What does the father and son slave team take care of on the Colonel's farm?
4. At what age are slave children separated from their mothers?
5. How does Garrison describe Douglass's nature?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)