|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Lanman kill one of two slaves?
2. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
(a) An experiment to see if slaves that were freed would be just as productive as the slaves who were not.
(b) An experiment to keep slave families together.
(c) An experiment to test working conditions on plantations.
(d) An experiment to make white people slaves.
3. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
(a) Miles River.
(b) Maryland River.
(c) Mississippi River.
(d) Chippewa River.
4. What do the white sails of the ships mentioned in the Second Preface symbolize?
5. Who gives the anti-slavery speech in Massachusetts?
(a) Daniel O'Connell.
(b) Frederick Douglass.
(c) William Smith.
(d) Paul Davenport.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Colonel do when the slaves disrespect him?
2. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
3. Garrison asks the reader for sympathy for whom?
4. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
5. What stays in Douglass's memory for the rest of his life?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)