|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rumor does Douglass tell about himself in Chapter one?
(a) His father is a lawyer.
(b) His father is a Civil War soldier.
(c) His father is a slave trader.
(d) His father is a white man.
2. What is the name of the slave who is killed in the water when he refuses to get out after being beaten?
3. What is Douglass irritated with his mother for?
(a) For dying.
(b) For leaving him even though he knows she could not help it.
(c) Not telling him who his father is.
(d) For coming to visit him, knowing she could get beaten for it.
4. Garrison builds up Douglass as an icon of what movement?
5. What do the slaves produce on the main farm besides tobacco and corn?
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Garrison's newspaper published?
2. What does the slave master who replaces Mr. Hopkins expect from the slaves?
3. Who gives the anti-slavery speech in Massachusetts?
4. What stays in Douglass's memory for the rest of his life?
5. Which relatives' names does Douglass know?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)