|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Phillips goes to the police about issues related to slavery?
(a) The police investigate .
(b) The police put Phillips in jail.
(c) The police find the wrongdoers and punish them.
(d) The police do nothing.
2. Who does Douglass begin Chapter One talking about?
(a) His first master.
(b) His brother and sister.
(c) His mother and her parents.
(d) His slave friend.
3. What does Frederick Douglass say disgusts him?
(b) Slaves being beaten .
(c) Slave traders.
(d) Slaveholders forcing themselves on slave women, then having children with them.
4. What is the name of the overseer who Douglass describes as cursing all day and whose death was seen as a blessing?
(a) Mr. Anthony.
(b) Mr. Lloyd.
(c) Mr. Severe.
(d) Mr. Hopkins.
5. What rumor does Douglass tell about himself in Chapter one?
(a) His father is a lawyer.
(b) His father is a white man.
(c) His father is a slave trader.
(d) His father is a Civil War soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the ships Phillips describes in the second preface carrying?
2. Why does the Colonel put tar on the fence?
3. Who is Frederick Douglass's first master?
4. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
5. According to Douglass, what do the slaves strive for?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)