|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the white sails of the ships mentioned in the Second Preface symbolize?
2. Which relatives' names does Douglass know?
(a) His mother and her parents.
(b) His mother and his aunt.
(c) His father and his parents.
(d) His father and his uncle.
3. What is the name of the overseer who Douglass describes as cursing all day and whose death was seen as a blessing?
(a) Mr. Hopkins.
(b) Mr. Severe.
(c) Mr. Lloyd.
(d) Mr. Anthony.
4. Who does Phillips watch being dragged off to be lynched?
(a) Frederick Douglass.
(b) Daniel O'Connell.
(c) James McAlister.
(d) William Lloyd Garrison.
5. What is the name of the main farm house that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
(a) Lloyd Family Farm.
(b) Lloyd Farm House.
(c) Farm House of Lloyd.
(d) Great House Farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Colonel do when the slaves disrespect him?
2. Who does Douglass's first master have as a supervisor?
3. Garrison refers to Douglas as a man with...
4. What is the name of the overseer for the main farm house?
5. When is Garrison's newspaper published?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)