|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Phillips predict?
(a) The death of Douglass.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) The end of slavery the following year.
(d) His own death.
2. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
(a) Being an anti-slavery orator.
(c) Being a slave trainer.
(d) Being a slave master.
3. What does Douglass compare the way slaves are treated to?
(c) Uneducated people.
4. Who gives the anti-slavery speech in Massachusetts?
(a) Frederick Douglass.
(b) Daniel O'Connell.
(c) Paul Davenport.
(d) William Smith.
5. What does the slave master who replaces Mr. Hopkins expect from the slaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father and son slave team take care of on the Colonel's farm?
2. Why do the slaves say kind words about their masters?
3. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
4. Garrison asks the reader for sympathy for whom?
5. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)