|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Douglass begin Chapter One talking about?
(a) His brother and sister.
(b) His mother and her parents.
(c) His first master.
(d) His slave friend.
2. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
(a) Being a slave trainer.
(b) Being a slave master.
(c) Being an anti-slavery orator.
3. Who does Phillips compare Douglass to?
(a) Slave Masters.
(c) The writers of the Constitution.
(d) Civil War Soldiers.
4. Who does Douglass's first master oversee?
(a) Three of the overseers.
(b) All of the overseers.
(c) Two of the overseers.
(d) Most of the overseers.
5. What is the female slave's name that Douglass describes being beaten by the supervisor?
(a) Arlene Henry.
(b) Jan Harris.
(c) Ann Jester.
(d) Aunt Hester.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings tears to Douglass's eyes?
2. What does Wendell Phillips do for a living?
3. What does the slave master who replaces Mr. Hopkins expect from the slaves?
4. What is the name of the overseer for the main farm house?
5. What is the possible real reason that the female slave was beaten?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)