|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many shirts does each working slave get for a year?
2. Approximately how many issues of his newspaper does Garrison publish?
(a) 100 issues.
(b) 500 issues.
(c) 1,800 issues.
(d) 15,000 issues.
3. What is Colonel Lloyd obsessed with?
(a) The care of his horses and carriage.
(b) His hunting dogs.
(c) His crops.
(d) The running of his farms.
4. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
(a) Miles River.
(b) Maryland River.
(c) Chippewa River.
(d) Mississippi River.
5. What type of writing is the second preface?
(a) A short story.
(b) A poem.
(c) An essay.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age are slave children separated from their mothers?
2. What is the name of the overseer who Douglass describes as cursing all day and whose death was seen as a blessing?
3. What do the white sails of the ships mentioned in the Second Preface symbolize?
4. Who does Douglass's first master oversee?
5. In what time period of his life does Douglass's detailed descriptions in Chapter Two take place?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)