|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the female slave's name that Douglass describes being beaten by the supervisor?
(a) Aunt Hester.
(b) Jan Harris.
(c) Ann Jester.
(d) Arlene Henry.
2. How long is the food that is given to the adult slaves suppose to last?
(a) Two months.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
3. What type of language is used in the First Preface?
(a) Simple language.
(b) Complicated language.
(c) Direct language.
(d) Comical language.
4. In what time period of his life does Douglass's detailed descriptions in Chapter Two take place?
(a) When he meets his first love.
(b) Two years of his childhood.
(c) His twenties.
(d) His teenage years.
5. At what age are slave children separated from their mothers?
(a) Before turning one.
(b) At two years of age.
(c) Before turning five.
(d) Before turning three.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which state does Frederick Douglass come from?
2. In what city in Massachusetts does Garrison hear the speech about slavery?
3. What is the name of the slave who is killed in the water when he refuses to get out after being beaten?
4. How many shirts does each working slave get for a year?
5. What rumor does Douglass tell about himself in Chapter one?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)