|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
(a) "WE CAN FREE THE SLAVES NOW!"
(b) "FREE ALL THE SLAVES NOW!"
(c) "NO COMPROMISE WITH SLAVERY! NO UNION WITH SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(d) "DEATH TO THE SLAVEHOLDERS!"
2. What is the competition among the slaves?
(a) Who could go without a beating for the longest.
(b) The one who is yelled at the least.
(c) Each insists that their master is better than the other's master.
(d) Who has the most food left after a week.
3. What is the possible real reason that the female slave was beaten?
(a) She steals some food.
(b) She runs away, but is later caught.
(c) She is disobedent.
(d) She is found with a male slave and her master is jealous.
4. How many overseers are there for the farms that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
(a) There is only one overseer .
(b) There are two overseers for the farms.
(c) There is one overseer for each farm and one main overseer for all.
(d) There is one overseer for every three farms and one main overseer for all.
5. What does Colonel Lloyd do about one of his slaves getting killed?
(a) He does nothing and lets the incident pass.
(b) He makes the slave master pay the cost of the slave.
(c) He turns the slave master in to the authorities.
(d) He fires the slave master.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Frederick Douglass's first master?
2. In what city in Massachusetts does Garrison hear the speech about slavery?
3. What does Wendell Phillips do for a living?
4. What stays in Douglass's memory for the rest of his life?
5. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)