|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of style does the First Preface take on?
(a) A religious sermon.
2. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Two?
(a) His aunts and uncles.
(b) His first masters and the farms he lives on.
(c) His brother and sisters.
(d) His mother and her parents.
3. Who does Douglass's first master oversee?
(a) Two of the overseers.
(b) Most of the overseers.
(c) All of the overseers.
(d) Three of the overseers.
4. How many years does Garrison publish his newspaper?
(a) 35 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 10 years.
5. Who does Phillips watch being dragged off to be lynched?
(a) Daniel O'Connell.
(b) Frederick Douglass.
(c) William Lloyd Garrison.
(d) James McAlister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
2. What does Colonel Lloyd do about one of his slaves getting killed?
3. Who does Douglass begin Chapter One talking about?
4. Why do the slaves say kind words about their masters?
5. How does Mr. Lanman kill one of two slaves?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)