|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the slave who is killed in the water when he refuses to get out after being beaten?
2. Garrison refers to Douglas as a man with...
(a) "Commanding stature."
(b) "A body ravaged by time."
(c) "High regard."
(d) "Little hope."
3. What is Douglass concerned about in Chapter One?
(a) Being beaten.
(b) His age.
(c) His Mom.
(d) Not having enough food.
4. What is the female slave's name that Douglass describes being beaten by the supervisor?
(a) Jan Harris.
(b) Aunt Hester.
(c) Arlene Henry.
(d) Ann Jester.
5. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
(a) A pastor's.
(b) A doctor's.
(c) A teacher's.
(d) A lawyer's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many house servants does Colonel Lloyd have?
2. What do the slaves produce on the main farm besides tobacco and corn?
3. What is the competition among the slaves?
4. How does Douglass describe the slave master who replaces Mr. Hopkins?
5. At what age are slave children separated from their mothers?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)