|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
(a) "DEATH TO THE SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(b) "FREE ALL THE SLAVES NOW!"
(c) "WE CAN FREE THE SLAVES NOW!"
(d) "NO COMPROMISE WITH SLAVERY! NO UNION WITH SLAVEHOLDERS!"
2. According to Douglass, what do the slaves strive for?
(a) To be the head slave.
(b) To get an additional blanket.
(c) To get extra food.
(d) To work at the main farm.
3. How does Mr. Lanman kill one of two slaves?
4. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
5. What does the Colonel do when the slaves disrespect him?
(a) He reduces their water supply.
(b) He trades them away.
(c) He withholds food.
(d) He beats them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many shirts does each working slave get for a year?
2. At what age are slave children separated from their mothers?
3. Garrison refers to Douglas as a man with...
4. What extreme example does Douglass give in Chapter Four of what slaveholders are able to get away with?
5. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)