|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Douglass's first master oversee?
(a) All of the overseers.
(b) Three of the overseers.
(c) Two of the overseers.
(d) Most of the overseers.
2. What is the name of the overseer for the main farm house?
(a) Captain Jack.
(b) Colonel Edward Lloyd.
(c) Captain Anthony.
(d) Captain O'Connel.
3. While Douglass talks about slavery, what does he have flashbacks about?
(a) His first master.
(b) His family.
(c) A friend who is a slave as a child.
(d) His first love.
4. What is Douglass's concern symbolic for?
(a) Loss of his identity.
(b) Feeling helpless.
(c) Lack of control.
(d) Not being loved.
5. What is the name of the main farm house that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
(a) Farm House of Lloyd.
(b) Lloyd Family Farm.
(c) Lloyd Farm House.
(d) Great House Farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the contrasting effects of slavery that Douglass suffers, according to Garrison?
2. What does the author of the Second Preface compare slaves to?
3. How old does Douglass think he is in the First Chapter?
4. What do the white sails of the ships mentioned in the Second Preface symbolize?
5. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)