|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
(a) An abolitionist.
(b) A Civil War soldier.
(c) A slave master.
(d) A slave.
2. What is Colonel Lloyd obsessed with?
(a) His hunting dogs.
(b) The running of his farms.
(c) His crops.
(d) The care of his horses and carriage.
3. Garrison asks the reader for sympathy for whom?
(a) The slaveholders.
(b) The "down-trodden victims."
(c) Frederick Douglass.
4. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
(a) A pastor's.
(b) A lawyer's.
(c) A teacher's.
(d) A doctor's.
5. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
(a) The person goes to jail.
(b) The person gets help and rebuilds what was destroyed.
(c) The person is murdered.
(d) The person moves away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the first preface of the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave?
2. Approximately how many issues of his newspaper does Garrison publish?
3. What does Wendell Phillips do for a living?
4. What does the slave master who replaces Mr. Hopkins expect from the slaves?
5. About what age is Douglass when his mother dies?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)