|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Douglass's concern symbolic for?
(a) Not being loved.
(b) Lack of control.
(c) Loss of his identity.
(d) Feeling helpless.
2. What body of water does Phillips say Douglass has seen the ships sailing on?
(a) Cape Cod.
(b) The Boston Harbor.
(c) The Chesapeake Bay.
(d) The Atlantic Ocean.
3. What does the Colonel do when the slaves disrespect him?
(a) He reduces their water supply.
(b) He withholds food.
(c) He trades them away.
(d) He beats them.
4. Who does Phillips compare Douglass to?
(b) Civil War Soldiers.
(c) Slave Masters.
(d) The writers of the Constitution.
5. How does Douglass describe the slave master who replaces Mr. Hopkins?
(a) As mean and nasty.
(b) As ruthless and violent.
(c) As hateful.
(d) As scary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Garrison builds up Douglass as an icon of what movement?
2. What does Douglass focus on describing in Chapter Three?
3. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
4. Who does Douglass's first master oversee?
5. How old does Douglass think he is in the First Chapter?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)