|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Colonel put tar on the fence?
(a) To keep the animals away.
(b) To identify any slave that attempts to steal.
(c) To ruin the slaves only clothes if they try to climb it.
(d) To know if the slaves try to escape.
2. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
(a) The person gets help and rebuilds what was destroyed.
(b) The person goes to jail.
(c) The person is murdered.
(d) The person moves away.
3. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
(b) Being a slave trainer.
(c) Being a slave master.
(d) Being an anti-slavery orator.
4. Who writes the second preface?
(a) William Lloyd Garrison.
(b) Frederick Douglass.
(c) Wendell Phillips.
(d) Daniel O'Connell.
5. How old does Douglass think he is in the First Chapter?
(a) 29 or 30 years old.
(b) 27 or 28 years old.
(c) 20 or 21 years old.
(d) 25 or 26 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
2. What is Colonel Lloyd obsessed with?
3. What is the name of the newspaper Garrison publishes?
4. How many shirts does each working slave get for a year?
5. What does the slave master who replaced Mr. Hopkins want to do?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)