|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings tears to Douglass's eyes?
(a) The emotional impact of babies being taken from their mothers.
(b) The images of the slaves being beaten.
(c) The images of slaves being hung.
(d) The memory of slaves singing.
2. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
3. What do the slaves produce on the main farm besides tobacco and corn?
4. How does Garrison describe Douglass's nature?
5. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
(a) Being an anti-slavery orator.
(b) Being a slave trainer.
(d) Being a slave master.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the first preface of the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave?
2. What is the name of the main farm house that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
3. What does Douglass focus on describing in Chapter Three?
4. What does the father and son slave team take care of on the Colonel's farm?
5. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Two?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)