|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Douglass shocked at seeing the female slave being beaten?
(a) She is young and pregnant.
(b) He thinks the supervisor is a good man.
(c) He thinks she is nice.
(d) He lives at the far end of the farm and is sheltered from these occurrences.
2. How many farms does Colonel Edward Lloyd own?
(a) More than thirty.
(b) More than twenty.
(c) More than ten.
3. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
(a) A slave.
(b) An abolitionist.
(c) A Civil War soldier.
(d) A slave master.
4. In what time period of his life does Douglass's detailed descriptions in Chapter Two take place?
(a) His twenties.
(b) Two years of his childhood.
(c) When he meets his first love.
(d) His teenage years.
5. Who helps Frederick Douglass with his writing?
(a) William L. Garrison.
(b) No one.
(c) Daniel O'Connell.
(d) James McAlister.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Douglass talks about slavery, what does he have flashbacks about?
2. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
3. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
4. What is the competition among the slaves?
5. How many overseers are there for the farms that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)