|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many issues of his newspaper does Garrison publish?
(a) 1,800 issues.
(b) 15,000 issues.
(c) 100 issues.
(d) 500 issues.
2. Who gives the anti-slavery speech in Massachusetts?
(a) William Smith.
(b) Paul Davenport.
(c) Daniel O'Connell.
(d) Frederick Douglass.
3. What does Douglass focus on describing in Chapter Three?
(a) The luxuries of slaveholders .
(b) Slave families attempt at staying together.
(c) His teenage years.
(d) The punishments slaves endure.
4. How many overseers are there for the farms that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
(a) There is one overseer for every three farms and one main overseer for all.
(b) There is one overseer for each farm and one main overseer for all.
(c) There is only one overseer .
(d) There are two overseers for the farms.
5. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
Short Answer Questions
1. What best defines what mulatto means?
2. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
3. What event does Phillips predict?
4. Why is Douglass shocked at seeing the female slave being beaten?
5. Who does Douglass's first master have as a supervisor?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)