|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age are slave children separated from their mothers?
(a) Before turning three.
(b) At two years of age.
(c) Before turning five.
(d) Before turning one.
2. What stays in Douglass's memory for the rest of his life?
(a) The emotional impact of the songs the slaves sing.
(b) The images of the slaves being beaten.
(c) The images of slaves being hung.
(d) The emotional impact of babies being taken from their mothers.
3. Who does Douglass's first master have as a supervisor?
(a) Mr. Phillips.
(b) Mr. Plummer.
(c) Mr. Garrison.
(d) Mr. Grady.
4. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
5. Garrison asks the reader for sympathy for whom?
(a) Frederick Douglass.
(c) The slaveholders.
(d) The "down-trodden victims."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does Garrison publish his newspaper?
2. What rumor does Douglass tell about himself in Chapter one?
3. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Two?
4. According to Douglass, what do the slaves strive for?
5. What is the name of the overseer who Douglass describes as cursing all day and whose death was seen as a blessing?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)