|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many issues of his newspaper does Garrison publish?
(a) 500 issues.
(b) 15,000 issues.
(c) 1,800 issues.
(d) 100 issues.
2. What stays in Douglass's memory for the rest of his life?
(a) The images of the slaves being beaten.
(b) The emotional impact of the songs the slaves sing.
(c) The emotional impact of babies being taken from their mothers.
(d) The images of slaves being hung.
3. Why do the slaves say kind words about their masters?
(a) To gain the masters respect.
(b) Because they are afraid of being traded away.
(c) To gain better living accomadations.
(d) To receive more food.
4. What does Douglass focus on describing in Chapter Three?
(a) Slave families attempt at staying together.
(b) The luxuries of slaveholders .
(c) The punishments slaves endure.
(d) His teenage years.
5. What type of style does the First Preface take on?
(c) A religious sermon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of language is used in the First Preface?
2. How many house servants does Colonel Lloyd have?
3. Who helps Frederick Douglass with his writing?
4. How many years does Garrison publish his newspaper?
5. In what city in Massachusetts does Garrison hear the speech about slavery?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)