|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Two?
(a) His aunts and uncles.
(b) His first masters and the farms he lives on.
(c) His brother and sisters.
(d) His mother and her parents.
2. What does Frederick Douglass say disgusts him?
(a) Slaves being beaten .
(b) Slaveholders forcing themselves on slave women, then having children with them.
(c) Slave traders.
3. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
(a) "NO COMPROMISE WITH SLAVERY! NO UNION WITH SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(b) "WE CAN FREE THE SLAVES NOW!"
(c) "DEATH TO THE SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(d) "FREE ALL THE SLAVES NOW!"
4. Approximately how many issues of his newspaper does Garrison publish?
(a) 15,000 issues.
(b) 1,800 issues.
(c) 500 issues.
(d) 100 issues.
5. How many slaves are at the main farm?
(a) Four or five hundred.
(b) Ten or twenty.
(c) Thirty or forty.
(d) Three or four hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does Phillips predict?
2. What body of water does Phillips say Douglass has seen the ships sailing on?
3. What is the female slave's name that Douglass describes being beaten by the supervisor?
4. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
5. What is Douglass's concern symbolic for?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)