|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Douglass irritated with his mother for?
(a) Not telling him who his father is.
(b) For leaving him even though he knows she could not help it.
(c) For dying.
(d) For coming to visit him, knowing she could get beaten for it.
2. What is Colonel Lloyd obsessed with?
(a) His hunting dogs.
(b) The care of his horses and carriage.
(c) The running of his farms.
(d) His crops.
3. Who does Douglass's first master oversee?
(a) Three of the overseers.
(b) All of the overseers.
(c) Most of the overseers.
(d) Two of the overseers.
4. What is the competition among the slaves?
(a) Each insists that their master is better than the other's master.
(b) The one who is yelled at the least.
(c) Who could go without a beating for the longest.
(d) Who has the most food left after a week.
5. What does the father and son slave team take care of on the Colonel's farm?
(a) The cows and other farm animals.
(b) The pool.
(c) The carriages, horses, and stables.
(d) The garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
2. What type of language is used in the First Preface?
3. How old does Douglass think he is in the First Chapter?
4. Who helps Frederick Douglass with his writing?
5. What type of writing is the second preface?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)