|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the white sails of the ships mentioned in the Second Preface symbolize?
2. What is the possible real reason that the female slave was beaten?
(a) She is disobedent.
(b) She is found with a male slave and her master is jealous.
(c) She steals some food.
(d) She runs away, but is later caught.
3. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
4. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
5. What does Douglass compare the way slaves are treated to?
(c) Uneducated people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
2. Who does Douglass's first master oversee?
3. What does Douglass focus on describing in Chapter Three?
4. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Two?
5. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)