|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colonel Lloyd own that takes five men to maintain?
(a) A pool.
(b) A ship.
(c) A large food storage building.
(d) A garden.
2. Which state does Frederick Douglass come from?
3. What event does Phillips predict?
(a) His own death.
(b) The end of slavery the following year.
(c) The death of Douglass.
(d) The Civil War.
4. What is the name of the overseer for the main farm house?
(a) Colonel Edward Lloyd.
(b) Captain Anthony.
(c) Captain O'Connel.
(d) Captain Jack.
5. How many slaves does Colonel Lloyd have in total?
(a) About two thousand.
(b) About one thousand.
(c) About thirteen hundred.
(d) About eight hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
2. What brings tears to Douglass's eyes?
3. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
4. What does the author of the Second Preface compare slaves to?
5. What is Colonel Lloyd obsessed with?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)