|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
(a) A journal.
(b) The Bible.
(c) A letter.
(d) A newspaper.
2. What is the name of the main farm house that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
(a) Lloyd Farm House.
(b) Great House Farm.
(c) Lloyd Family Farm.
(d) Farm House of Lloyd.
3. What does Wendell Phillips do for a living?
(a) He is a publisher.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is a soldier.
4. Garrison asks the reader for sympathy for whom?
(a) Frederick Douglass.
(c) The "down-trodden victims."
(d) The slaveholders.
5. Garrison builds up Douglass as an icon of what movement?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Douglass's first master have as a supervisor?
2. Why is Douglass shocked at seeing the female slave being beaten?
3. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
4. Why do the slaves say kind words about their masters?
5. Who does Douglass's first master oversee?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)