|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Colonel do when the slaves disrespect him?
(a) He trades them away.
(b) He withholds food.
(c) He reduces their water supply.
(d) He beats them.
2. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
(a) A slave master.
(b) A slave.
(c) An abolitionist.
(d) A Civil War soldier.
3. How long is the food that is given to the adult slaves suppose to last?
(a) Two months.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) Two weeks.
4. Who does Phillips watch being dragged off to be lynched?
(a) James McAlister.
(b) William Lloyd Garrison.
(c) Frederick Douglass.
(d) Daniel O'Connell.
5. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
(a) Mississippi River.
(b) Chippewa River.
(c) Maryland River.
(d) Miles River.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of style does the First Preface take on?
2. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
3. Which state does Frederick Douglass come from?
4. How many overseers are there for the farms that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
5. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)