|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of language is used in the First Preface?
(a) Simple language.
(b) Direct language.
(c) Comical language.
(d) Complicated language.
2. Why is Douglass shocked at seeing the female slave being beaten?
(a) He lives at the far end of the farm and is sheltered from these occurrences.
(b) He thinks the supervisor is a good man.
(c) He thinks she is nice.
(d) She is young and pregnant.
3. How old does Douglass think he is in the First Chapter?
(a) 25 or 26 years old.
(b) 20 or 21 years old.
(c) 27 or 28 years old.
(d) 29 or 30 years old.
4. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
(a) An abolitionist.
(b) A slave master.
(c) A slave.
(d) A Civil War soldier.
5. How many overseers are there for the farms that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
(a) There is one overseer for every three farms and one main overseer for all.
(b) There is one overseer for each farm and one main overseer for all.
(c) There are two overseers for the farms.
(d) There is only one overseer .
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Phillips watch being dragged off to be lynched?
2. When is Garrison's newspaper published?
3. What do the white sails of the ships mentioned in the Second Preface symbolize?
4. How many slaves are at the main farm?
5. Garrison refers to Douglas as a man with...
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)