|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Garrison describe Douglass's nature?
2. What does Frederick Douglass say disgusts him?
(a) Slave traders.
(c) Slaveholders forcing themselves on slave women, then having children with them.
(d) Slaves being beaten .
3. What does the father and son slave team take care of on the Colonel's farm?
(a) The garden.
(b) The cows and other farm animals.
(c) The carriages, horses, and stables.
(d) The pool.
4. How many years does Garrison publish his newspaper?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 35 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 25 years.
5. Why do the slaves say kind words about their masters?
(a) Because they are afraid of being traded away.
(b) To gain better living accomadations.
(c) To gain the masters respect.
(d) To receive more food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Two?
2. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
3. What is a main theme that Douglass uses in Chapter Three?
4. Why is Douglass shocked at seeing the female slave being beaten?
5. How many overseers are there for the farms that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)