|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many farms does Colonel Edward Lloyd own?
(a) More than twenty.
(b) More than ten.
(d) More than thirty.
2. When is Garrison's newspaper published?
(a) After the Civil War.
(b) During the Civil War.
(c) Before the Civil War.
(d) Before, during, and after the Civil War.
3. Who gives the anti-slavery speech in Massachusetts?
(a) Daniel O'Connell.
(b) William Smith.
(c) Frederick Douglass.
(d) Paul Davenport.
4. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
5. Who writes the first preface of the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave?
(a) William Smith.
(b) Frederick Douglass.
(c) William Lloyd Garrison.
(d) Daniel O'Connell.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what time period of his life does Douglass's detailed descriptions in Chapter Two take place?
2. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
3. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
4. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
5. Who does Douglass's first master have as a supervisor?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)