|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author of the Second Preface compare slaves to?
2. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
(a) "WE CAN FREE THE SLAVES NOW!"
(b) "NO COMPROMISE WITH SLAVERY! NO UNION WITH SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(c) "FREE ALL THE SLAVES NOW!"
(d) "DEATH TO THE SLAVEHOLDERS!"
3. At what age are slave children separated from their mothers?
(a) Before turning three.
(b) Before turning one.
(c) Before turning five.
(d) At two years of age.
4. What is the name of the main farm house that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
(a) Great House Farm.
(b) Lloyd Farm House.
(c) Lloyd Family Farm.
(d) Farm House of Lloyd.
5. Who is Colonel Edward Lloyd?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A slaveholder.
(c) A Civil War soldier.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the second preface?
2. What is Douglass's concern symbolic for?
3. What does the father and son slave team take care of on the Colonel's farm?
4. How long is the food that is given to the adult slaves suppose to last?
5. Garrison refers to Douglas as a man with...
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)