|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Garrison builds up Douglass as an icon of what movement?
2. How many overseers are there for the farms that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
(a) There is one overseer for every three farms and one main overseer for all.
(b) There is only one overseer .
(c) There are two overseers for the farms.
(d) There is one overseer for each farm and one main overseer for all.
3. What is the name of the overseer who Douglass describes as cursing all day and whose death was seen as a blessing?
(a) Mr. Hopkins.
(b) Mr. Lloyd.
(c) Mr. Severe.
(d) Mr. Anthony.
4. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Two?
(a) His aunts and uncles.
(b) His mother and her parents.
(c) His first masters and the farms he lives on.
(d) His brother and sisters.
5. What is Douglass concerned about in Chapter One?
(a) His age.
(b) His Mom.
(c) Being beaten.
(d) Not having enough food.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
2. What is Colonel Lloyd obsessed with?
3. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
4. What type of writing is the second preface?
5. When is Garrison's newspaper published?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)