|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the competition among the slaves?
(a) Who has the most food left after a week.
(b) The one who is yelled at the least.
(c) Who could go without a beating for the longest.
(d) Each insists that their master is better than the other's master.
2. How long is the food that is given to the adult slaves suppose to last?
(a) Two months.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
3. What do the slaves produce on the main farm besides tobacco and corn?
4. Who does Douglass begin Chapter One talking about?
(a) His mother and her parents.
(b) His brother and sister.
(c) His first master.
(d) His slave friend.
5. What does Frederick Douglass say disgusts him?
(a) Slaveholders forcing themselves on slave women, then having children with them.
(b) Slaves being beaten .
(c) Slave traders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stays in Douglass's memory for the rest of his life?
2. What is the female slave's name that Douglass describes being beaten by the supervisor?
3. Who does Phillips watch being dragged off to be lynched?
4. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Two?
5. Where is the punishment of slaves and the food given out?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)