|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rumor does Douglass tell about himself in Chapter one?
(a) His father is a slave trader.
(b) His father is a white man.
(c) His father is a lawyer.
(d) His father is a Civil War soldier.
2. What stays in Douglass's memory for the rest of his life?
(a) The images of the slaves being beaten.
(b) The emotional impact of the songs the slaves sing.
(c) The emotional impact of babies being taken from their mothers.
(d) The images of slaves being hung.
3. How many slaves are at the main farm?
(a) Three or four hundred.
(b) Four or five hundred.
(c) Ten or twenty.
(d) Thirty or forty.
4. What is the female slave's name that Douglass describes being beaten by the supervisor?
(a) Jan Harris.
(b) Arlene Henry.
(c) Aunt Hester.
(d) Ann Jester.
5. What does Colonel Lloyd own that takes five men to maintain?
(a) A pool.
(b) A large food storage building.
(c) A garden.
(d) A ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the competition among the slaves?
2. While Douglass talks about slavery, what does he have flashbacks about?
3. What does Douglass focus on describing in Chapter Three?
4. What body of water does Phillips say Douglass has seen the ships sailing on?
5. About what age is Douglass when his mother dies?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)