|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
(a) An experiment to test working conditions on plantations.
(b) An experiment to keep slave families together.
(c) An experiment to make white people slaves.
(d) An experiment to see if slaves that were freed would be just as productive as the slaves who were not.
2. What body of water does Phillips say Douglass has seen the ships sailing on?
(a) Cape Cod.
(b) The Chesapeake Bay.
(c) The Atlantic Ocean.
(d) The Boston Harbor.
3. What event does Phillips predict?
(a) The death of Douglass.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) The end of slavery the following year.
(d) His own death.
4. What is the possible real reason that the female slave was beaten?
(a) She is found with a male slave and her master is jealous.
(b) She is disobedent.
(c) She steals some food.
(d) She runs away, but is later caught.
5. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
(a) A slave.
(b) A Civil War soldier.
(c) An abolitionist.
(d) A slave master.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglass describe in detail in Chapter Two?
2. What brings tears to Douglass's eyes?
3. Who does Phillips compare Douglass to?
4. What rumor does Douglass tell about himself in Chapter one?
5. What is Douglass irritated with his mother for?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)