|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Phillips predict?
(a) The death of Douglass.
(b) The end of slavery the following year.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) His own death.
2. How many shirts does each working slave get for a year?
3. What is Douglass irritated with his mother for?
(a) For leaving him even though he knows she could not help it.
(b) For dying.
(c) For coming to visit him, knowing she could get beaten for it.
(d) Not telling him who his father is.
4. In what city in Massachusetts does Garrison hear the speech about slavery?
5. What type of writing is the second preface?
(a) An essay.
(b) A letter.
(c) A poem.
(d) A short story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
2. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
3. What brings tears to Douglass's eyes?
4. What is Douglass's concern symbolic for?
5. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)