|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
(a) A journal.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A letter.
(d) The Bible.
2. What do the slaves produce on the main farm besides tobacco and corn?
3. Why does the Colonel put tar on the fence?
(a) To identify any slave that attempts to steal.
(b) To know if the slaves try to escape.
(c) To ruin the slaves only clothes if they try to climb it.
(d) To keep the animals away.
4. What is the name of the main farm house that Colonel Edward Lloyd owns?
(a) Farm House of Lloyd.
(b) Lloyd Farm House.
(c) Great House Farm.
(d) Lloyd Family Farm.
5. What does Douglass focus on describing in Chapter Three?
(a) The luxuries of slaveholders .
(b) Slave families attempt at staying together.
(c) His teenage years.
(d) The punishments slaves endure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Douglass concerned about in Chapter One?
2. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
3. Who does Phillips compare Douglass to?
4. Which relatives' names does Douglass know?
5. Why is Douglass shocked at seeing the female slave being beaten?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)