|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wendell Phillips do for a living?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He is a soldier.
(c) He is a publisher.
(d) He is a lawyer.
2. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
(b) Being an anti-slavery orator.
(c) Being a slave master.
(d) Being a slave trainer.
3. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
4. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
(a) An experiment to test working conditions on plantations.
(b) An experiment to make white people slaves.
(c) An experiment to keep slave families together.
(d) An experiment to see if slaves that were freed would be just as productive as the slaves who were not.
5. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
(a) The person is murdered.
(b) The person gets help and rebuilds what was destroyed.
(c) The person goes to jail.
(d) The person moves away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does Garrison publish his newspaper?
2. Approximately how many issues of his newspaper does Garrison publish?
3. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
4. Who writes the first preface of the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave?
5. What is one of the contrasting effects of slavery that Douglass suffers, according to Garrison?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)