|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the contrasting effects of slavery that Douglass suffers, according to Garrison?
(a) "Loses his soul."
(b) "No formal education."
(c) "A life not worth living."
(d) "Trembling in fear for his safety."
2. What is the name of the newspaper Garrison publishes?
(a) The Liberator.
(b) The Slave Trader.
(c) New Englander.
(d) The Slave Master.
3. What type of style does the First Preface take on?
(b) A religious sermon.
4. When is Garrison's newspaper published?
(a) Before, during, and after the Civil War.
(b) Before the Civil War.
(c) After the Civil War.
(d) During the Civil War.
5. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
(a) Being a slave trainer.
(c) Being an anti-slavery orator.
(d) Being a slave master.
Short Answer Questions
1. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
2. Who writes the second preface?
3. What body of water does Phillips say Douglass has seen the ships sailing on?
4. What type of language is used in the First Preface?
5. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)