|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the contrasting effects of slavery that Douglass suffers, according to Garrison?
(a) "Trembling in fear for his safety."
(b) "No formal education."
(c) "Loses his soul."
(d) "A life not worth living."
2. Garrison builds up Douglass as an icon of what movement?
3. Who does Phillips compare Douglass to?
(b) Civil War Soldiers.
(c) The writers of the Constitution.
(d) Slave Masters.
4. What are the ships Phillips describes in the second preface carrying?
5. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
(a) An experiment to make white people slaves.
(b) An experiment to see if slaves that were freed would be just as productive as the slaves who were not.
(c) An experiment to test working conditions on plantations.
(d) An experiment to keep slave families together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wendell Phillips do for a living?
2. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
3. When is Garrison's newspaper published?
4. Garrison refers to Douglas as a man with...
5. Garrison asks the reader for sympathy for whom?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)