|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives the anti-slavery speech in Massachusetts?
(a) Paul Davenport.
(b) William Smith.
(c) Frederick Douglass.
(d) Daniel O'Connell.
2. What type of language is used in the First Preface?
(a) Comical language.
(b) Direct language.
(c) Complicated language.
(d) Simple language.
3. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
(a) The person is murdered.
(b) The person gets help and rebuilds what was destroyed.
(c) The person moves away.
(d) The person goes to jail.
4. Who writes the first preface of the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave?
(a) William Lloyd Garrison.
(b) Daniel O'Connell.
(c) William Smith.
(d) Frederick Douglass.
5. What is the name of the newspaper Garrison publishes?
(a) The Liberator.
(b) The Slave Master.
(c) New Englander.
(d) The Slave Trader.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
2. How does Garrison describe Douglass's nature?
3. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
4. What body of water does Phillips say Douglass has seen the ships sailing on?
5. When is Garrison's newspaper published?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)