|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
(a) A journal.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A letter.
(d) The Bible.
2. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
(a) The person is murdered.
(b) The person moves away.
(c) The person goes to jail.
(d) The person gets help and rebuilds what was destroyed.
3. Who gives the anti-slavery speech in Massachusetts?
(a) Frederick Douglass.
(b) William Smith.
(c) Daniel O'Connell.
(d) Paul Davenport.
4. What do the white sails of the ships mentioned in the Second Preface symbolize?
5. What body of water does Phillips say Douglass has seen the ships sailing on?
(a) Cape Cod.
(b) The Atlantic Ocean.
(c) The Chesapeake Bay.
(d) The Boston Harbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of writing is the second preface?
2. Who writes the first preface of the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave?
3. What type of language is used in the First Preface?
4. In what city in Massachusetts does Garrison hear the speech about slavery?
5. What does Wendell Phillips do for a living?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)