|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
(a) Being an anti-slavery orator.
(b) Being a slave trainer.
(d) Being a slave master.
2. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
(a) A Civil War soldier.
(b) An abolitionist.
(c) A slave master.
(d) A slave.
3. When is Garrison's newspaper published?
(a) Before, during, and after the Civil War.
(b) After the Civil War.
(c) Before the Civil War.
(d) During the Civil War.
4. Garrison asks the reader for sympathy for whom?
(b) The "down-trodden victims."
(c) Frederick Douglass.
(d) The slaveholders.
5. What is the name of the newspaper Garrison publishes?
(a) New Englander.
(b) The Slave Trader.
(c) The Slave Master.
(d) The Liberator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
2. Approximately how many issues of his newspaper does Garrison publish?
3. Who writes the second preface?
4. What type of writing is the second preface?
5. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)