|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Garrison describe Douglass's nature?
2. How many years does Garrison publish his newspaper?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 35 years.
(d) 10 years.
3. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
(a) Being a slave master.
(b) Being an anti-slavery orator.
(c) Being a slave trainer.
4. What type of writing is the second preface?
(a) A letter.
(b) A short story.
(c) An essay.
(d) A poem.
5. What body of water does Phillips say Douglass has seen the ships sailing on?
(a) The Chesapeake Bay.
(b) Cape Cod.
(c) The Boston Harbor.
(d) The Atlantic Ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the contrasting effects of slavery that Douglass suffers, according to Garrison?
2. Who does Phillips compare Douglass to?
3. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
4. Who writes the first preface of the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave?
5. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)