|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Frederick Douglass with his writing?
(a) Daniel O'Connell.
(b) No one.
(c) William L. Garrison.
(d) James McAlister.
2. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
(a) "NO COMPROMISE WITH SLAVERY! NO UNION WITH SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(b) "FREE ALL THE SLAVES NOW!"
(c) "DEATH TO THE SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(d) "WE CAN FREE THE SLAVES NOW!"
3. What body of water does Phillips say Douglass has seen the ships sailing on?
(a) Cape Cod.
(b) The Chesapeake Bay.
(c) The Boston Harbor.
(d) The Atlantic Ocean.
4. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
(a) The person goes to jail.
(b) The person moves away.
(c) The person is murdered.
(d) The person gets help and rebuilds what was destroyed.
5. How does Garrison describe Douglass's nature?
Short Answer Questions
1. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
2. Who does Phillips compare Douglass to?
3. Garrison builds up Douglass as an icon of what movement?
4. Garrison refers to Douglas as a man with...
5. What type of writing is the second preface?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)