|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes the first preface of the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave?
(a) Daniel O'Connell.
(b) William Smith.
(c) William Lloyd Garrison.
(d) Frederick Douglass.
2. What do the white sails of the ships mentioned in the Second Preface symbolize?
3. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
4. What body of water does Phillips say Douglass has seen the ships sailing on?
(a) Cape Cod.
(b) The Chesapeake Bay.
(c) The Atlantic Ocean.
(d) The Boston Harbor.
5. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
(a) The Bible.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A letter.
(d) A journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
2. How does Garrison describe Douglass's nature?
3. What type of writing is the second preface?
4. What type of style does the First Preface take on?
5. Garrison refers to Douglas as a man with...
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)