|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
(a) The person goes to jail.
(b) The person moves away.
(c) The person is murdered.
(d) The person gets help and rebuilds what was destroyed.
2. Who writes the first preface of the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave?
(a) Daniel O'Connell.
(b) William Lloyd Garrison.
(c) William Smith.
(d) Frederick Douglass.
3. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
4. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
(b) Being an anti-slavery orator.
(c) Being a slave trainer.
(d) Being a slave master.
5. What body of water does Phillips say Douglass has seen the ships sailing on?
(a) The Boston Harbor.
(b) The Chesapeake Bay.
(c) The Atlantic Ocean.
(d) Cape Cod.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the second preface?
2. When is Garrison's newspaper published?
3. What type of writing is the second preface?
4. What is one of the contrasting effects of slavery that Douglass suffers, according to Garrison?
5. What event does Phillips predict?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)