|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
(b) Being a slave trainer.
(c) Being a slave master.
(d) Being an anti-slavery orator.
2. When is Garrison's newspaper published?
(a) Before the Civil War.
(b) During the Civil War.
(c) Before, during, and after the Civil War.
(d) After the Civil War.
3. Who writes the first preface of the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave?
(a) Frederick Douglass.
(b) William Smith.
(c) Daniel O'Connell.
(d) William Lloyd Garrison.
4. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
5. What is the name of the newspaper Garrison publishes?
(a) The Slave Trader.
(b) The Liberator.
(c) The Slave Master.
(d) New Englander.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Phillips watch being dragged off to be lynched?
2. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
3. What do the white sails of the ships mentioned in the Second Preface symbolize?
4. Garrison builds up Douglass as an icon of what movement?
5. How many years does Garrison publish his newspaper?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)