|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the ships Phillips describes in the second preface carrying?
2. What is the name of the newspaper Garrison publishes?
(a) New Englander.
(b) The Liberator.
(c) The Slave Trader.
(d) The Slave Master.
3. Who helps Frederick Douglass with his writing?
(a) No one.
(b) James McAlister.
(c) William L. Garrison.
(d) Daniel O'Connell.
4. Garrison builds up Douglass as an icon of what movement?
5. Who gives the anti-slavery speech in Massachusetts?
(a) William Smith.
(b) Daniel O'Connell.
(c) Frederick Douglass.
(d) Paul Davenport.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
2. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
3. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
4. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
5. What does Wendell Phillips do for a living?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)