|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the white sails of the ships mentioned in the Second Preface symbolize?
2. How many years does Garrison publish his newspaper?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 35 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 25 years.
3. What is William Lloyd Garrison well-known for being?
(a) A slave.
(b) A slave master.
(c) An abolitionist.
(d) A Civil War soldier.
4. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A letter.
(c) The Bible.
(d) A journal.
5. Approximately how many issues of his newspaper does Garrison publish?
(a) 1,800 issues.
(b) 500 issues.
(c) 100 issues.
(d) 15,000 issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Frederick Douglass with his writing?
2. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
3. In what city in Massachusetts does Garrison hear the speech about slavery?
4. What type of style does the First Preface take on?
5. Who gives the anti-slavery speech in Massachusetts?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)