|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author of the Second Preface compare slaves to?
2. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
(a) "NO COMPROMISE WITH SLAVERY! NO UNION WITH SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(b) "DEATH TO THE SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(c) "FREE ALL THE SLAVES NOW!"
(d) "WE CAN FREE THE SLAVES NOW!"
3. Garrison refers to Douglas as a man with...
(a) "Little hope."
(b) "Commanding stature."
(c) "A body ravaged by time."
(d) "High regard."
4. How many years does Garrison publish his newspaper?
(a) 35 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 15 years.
5. Who writes the second preface?
(a) Frederick Douglass.
(b) Wendell Phillips.
(c) William Lloyd Garrison.
(d) Daniel O'Connell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
2. In what city in Massachusetts does Garrison hear the speech about slavery?
3. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
4. What type of language is used in the First Preface?
5. Garrison builds up Douglass as an icon of what movement?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)