|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Garrison's newspaper published?
(a) During the Civil War.
(b) After the Civil War.
(c) Before the Civil War.
(d) Before, during, and after the Civil War.
2. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
(a) A doctor's.
(b) A teacher's.
(c) A pastor's.
(d) A lawyer's.
3. Garrison builds up Douglass as an icon of what movement?
4. What happens when Phillips goes to the police about issues related to slavery?
(a) The police find the wrongdoers and punish them.
(b) The police investigate .
(c) The police put Phillips in jail.
(d) The police do nothing.
5. What is the name of the newspaper Garrison publishes?
(a) The Slave Trader.
(b) New Englander.
(c) The Slave Master.
(d) The Liberator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the white sails of the ships mentioned in the Second Preface symbolize?
2. What body of water does Phillips say Douglass has seen the ships sailing on?
3. What does the author of the Second Preface compare slaves to?
4. In what city in Massachusetts does Garrison hear the speech about slavery?
5. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)