|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the newspaper Garrison publishes?
(a) The Slave Trader.
(b) New Englander.
(c) The Liberator.
(d) The Slave Master.
2. When is Garrison's newspaper published?
(a) During the Civil War.
(b) Before, during, and after the Civil War.
(c) After the Civil War.
(d) Before the Civil War.
3. What does Wendell Phillips do for a living?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He is a soldier.
(d) He is a publisher.
4. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
(a) The person moves away.
(b) The person goes to jail.
(c) The person gets help and rebuilds what was destroyed.
(d) The person is murdered.
5. Approximately how many issues of his newspaper does Garrison publish?
(a) 500 issues.
(b) 15,000 issues.
(c) 1,800 issues.
(d) 100 issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city in Massachusetts does Garrison hear the speech about slavery?
2. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
3. What happens when Phillips goes to the police about issues related to slavery?
4. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
5. Garrison builds up Douglass as an icon of what movement?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)