|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Frederick Douglass with his writing?
(a) No one.
(b) William L. Garrison.
(c) Daniel O'Connell.
(d) James McAlister.
2. Approximately how many issues of his newspaper does Garrison publish?
(a) 100 issues.
(b) 1,800 issues.
(c) 500 issues.
(d) 15,000 issues.
3. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
4. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
(a) A teacher's.
(b) A pastor's.
(c) A lawyer's.
(d) A doctor's.
5. What is the writer of the second preface famous for?
(a) Being a slave master.
(b) Being a slave trainer.
(d) Being an anti-slavery orator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the ships Phillips describes in the second preface carrying?
2. What event does Phillips predict?
3. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
4. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
5. Who gives the anti-slavery speech in Massachusetts?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)