|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Garrison asks the reader for sympathy for whom?
(a) The "down-trodden victims."
(c) The slaveholders.
(d) Frederick Douglass.
2. What type of language is used in the First Preface?
(a) Simple language.
(b) Direct language.
(c) Complicated language.
(d) Comical language.
3. What event does Phillips predict?
(a) The death of Douglass.
(b) The end of slavery the following year.
(c) His own death.
(d) The Civil War.
4. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
5. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
2. What happens when Phillips goes to the police about issues related to slavery?
3. Who gives the anti-slavery speech in Massachusetts?
4. Garrison refers to Douglas as a man with...
5. What type of style does the First Preface take on?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)