|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the newspaper Garrison publishes?
(a) New Englander.
(b) The Slave Master.
(c) The Liberator.
(d) The Slave Trader.
2. When is Garrison's newspaper published?
(a) Before, during, and after the Civil War.
(b) During the Civil War.
(c) Before the Civil War.
(d) After the Civil War.
3. What type of language is used in the First Preface?
(a) Simple language.
(b) Complicated language.
(c) Direct language.
(d) Comical language.
4. Who writes the first preface of the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave?
(a) Daniel O'Connell.
(b) William Lloyd Garrison.
(c) William Smith.
(d) Frederick Douglass.
5. What type of writing is the second preface?
(a) A letter.
(b) A poem.
(c) A short story.
(d) An essay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Garrison refers to Douglas as a man with...
2. What type of style does the First Preface take on?
3. What is the "West Indies Experiment?"
4. Who helps Frederick Douglass with his writing?
5. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)