|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many issues of his newspaper does Garrison publish?
(a) 1,800 issues.
(b) 15,000 issues.
(c) 500 issues.
(d) 100 issues.
2. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
3. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
(a) "FREE ALL THE SLAVES NOW!"
(b) "DEATH TO THE SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(c) "WE CAN FREE THE SLAVES NOW!"
(d) "NO COMPROMISE WITH SLAVERY! NO UNION WITH SLAVEHOLDERS!"
4. Who does Phillips watch being dragged off to be lynched?
(a) Daniel O'Connell.
(b) Frederick Douglass.
(c) William Lloyd Garrison.
(d) James McAlister.
5. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the white sails of the ships mentioned in the Second Preface symbolize?
2. What body of water does Phillips say Douglass has seen the ships sailing on?
3. Who helps Frederick Douglass with his writing?
4. What type of writing is the second preface?
5. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)