|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of language is used in the First Preface?
(a) Complicated language.
(b) Comical language.
(c) Simple language.
(d) Direct language.
2. How many years does Garrison publish his newspaper?
(a) 35 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 25 years.
3. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
(a) The Bible.
(b) A letter.
(c) A journal.
(d) A newspaper.
4. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
5. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
(a) The person gets help and rebuilds what was destroyed.
(b) The person goes to jail.
(c) The person moves away.
(d) The person is murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Garrison's newspaper published?
2. Who does Phillips compare Douglass to?
3. What is one of the contrasting effects of slavery that Douglass suffers, according to Garrison?
4. Approximately how many issues of his newspaper does Garrison publish?
5. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)