|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the newspaper Garrison publishes?
(a) The Slave Master.
(b) New Englander.
(c) The Slave Trader.
(d) The Liberator.
2. Who does Phillips watch being dragged off to be lynched?
(a) James McAlister.
(b) William Lloyd Garrison.
(c) Frederick Douglass.
(d) Daniel O'Connell.
3. Garrison builds up Douglass as an icon of what movement?
4. Approximately how many issues of his newspaper does Garrison publish?
(a) 15,000 issues.
(b) 500 issues.
(c) 1,800 issues.
(d) 100 issues.
5. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
(a) "NO COMPROMISE WITH SLAVERY! NO UNION WITH SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(b) "DEATH TO THE SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(c) "FREE ALL THE SLAVES NOW!"
(d) "WE CAN FREE THE SLAVES NOW!"
Short Answer Questions
1. Garrison asks the reader for sympathy for whom?
2. What does Wendell Phillips do for a living?
3. How many years does Garrison publish his newspaper?
4. Who writes the second preface?
5. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)