|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many farms does Colonel Edward Lloyd own?
(a) More than ten.
(b) More than thirty.
(d) More than twenty.
2. What plan does Douglass decide not to give up on by the end of Chapter Eight?
(a) To help his grandmother.
(b) To be free.
(c) To learn to write.
(d) To learn to read.
3. How many slaves has Mrs. Auld owned before?
4. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
(a) The Bible.
(b) A letter.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A journal.
5. Where do Douglass and his new bride go?
(a) New Hampshire.
(b) New Bedford.
(c) New Baltimore.
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Five, why does Douglass not get treated as poorly as the other slaves?
2. Which master did the slaves know to be violent?
3. At what age are slave children separated from their mothers?
4. Approximately how old is Douglass when he goes back to his birth place?
5. What does Frederick Douglass say disgusts him?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)