Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frederick Douglass say disgusts him?
(a) Slaves being beaten .
(b) Slave traders.
(d) Slaveholders forcing themselves on slave women, then having children with them.
2. What is Douglass happy about receiving for his trip to help one of his master's relatives?
(a) His first pair of pants.
(b) A hair cut.
(c) A new shirt.
(d) A pair of shoes.
3. What is Colonel Lloyd obsessed with?
(a) The running of his farms.
(b) The care of his horses and carriage.
(c) His hunting dogs.
(d) His crops.
4. Who does Phillips compare Douglass to?
(a) Civil War Soldiers.
(c) The writers of the Constitution.
(d) Slave Masters.
5. What does Douglass compare the way slaves are treated to?
(c) Uneducated people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings tears to Douglass's eyes?
2. What is the name of the plantation owner where Douglass is treated better than other slaves?
3. What body of water does Phillips say Douglass has seen the ships sailing on?
4. In Chapter Five, why does Douglass not get treated as poorly as the other slaves?
5. Phillips compares the Mississippi Valley to a story in what publication?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)