|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author of the Second Preface compare slaves to?
2. Where is the punishment of slaves and the food given out?
(a) Great House Farm.
(b) Lloyd Family Farm.
(c) At each of the farms.
(d) Lloyd Farm House.
3. What is Douglass's concern symbolic for?
(a) Feeling helpless.
(b) Loss of his identity.
(c) Not being loved.
(d) Lack of control.
4. Garrison builds up Douglass as an icon of what movement?
5. What is Douglass concerned about in Chapter One?
(a) Being beaten.
(b) His Mom.
(c) His age.
(d) Not having enough food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the female slave's name that Douglass describes being beaten by the supervisor?
2. Near what river is the main farm Douglass works on?
3. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
4. What is the name of the overseer for the main farm house?
5. What type of writing is the second preface?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)