Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Preface.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the contrasting effects of slavery that Douglass suffers, according to Garrison?
(a) "A life not worth living."
(b) "Trembling in fear for his safety."
(c) "Loses his soul."
(d) "No formal education."
2. What does the author of the Second Preface compare slaves to?
3. What does Phillips say he did while reading what Douglass had written?
4. How many years is Daniel O'Connell a slave in Africa?
5. What does Garrison scream at the end of his sermon?
(a) "NO COMPROMISE WITH SLAVERY! NO UNION WITH SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(b) "WE CAN FREE THE SLAVES NOW!"
(c) "DEATH TO THE SLAVEHOLDERS!"
(d) "FREE ALL THE SLAVES NOW!"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the second preface?
2. Wendell Phillips is the son of a mayor of what city in Massachusetts?
3. Who writes the first preface of the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave?
4. What event does Phillips predict?
5. Who does Phillips watch being dragged off to be lynched?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)