Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Phillips compare Douglass to?
(a) Civil War Soldiers.
(b) Slave Masters.
(d) The writers of the Constitution.
2. In what time period of his life does Douglass's detailed descriptions in Chapter Two take place?
(a) When he meets his first love.
(b) Two years of his childhood.
(c) His twenties.
(d) His teenage years.
3. What does Frederick Douglass say disgusts him?
(a) Slaveholders forcing themselves on slave women, then having children with them.
(c) Slave traders.
(d) Slaves being beaten .
4. What is one of the contrasting effects of slavery that Douglass suffers, according to Garrison?
(a) "Loses his soul."
(b) "No formal education."
(c) "Trembling in fear for his safety."
(d) "A life not worth living."
5. About what age is Douglass when his mother dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age are slave children separated from their mothers?
2. What best defines what mulatto means?
3. What type of style does the First Preface take on?
4. Who does Douglass begin Chapter One talking about?
5. What type of language is used in the First Preface?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)