|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what age is Douglass when his mother dies?
2. What does Colonel Lloyd do about one of his slaves getting killed?
(a) He turns the slave master in to the authorities.
(b) He makes the slave master pay the cost of the slave.
(c) He does nothing and lets the incident pass.
(d) He fires the slave master.
3. What is the competition among the slaves?
(a) Each insists that their master is better than the other's master.
(b) Who has the most food left after a week.
(c) Who could go without a beating for the longest.
(d) The one who is yelled at the least.
4. What are the ships Phillips describes in the second preface carrying?
5. How many slaves does Colonel Lloyd have in total?
(a) About thirteen hundred.
(b) About eight hundred.
(c) About two thousand.
(d) About one thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Colonel put tar on the fence?
2. What does the slave master who replaced Mr. Hopkins want to do?
3. Whose offices and printing presses are destroyed in the Second Preface?
4. Why does Douglas think Mr. Hopkins is replaced?
5. What later happens to the person whose offices and printing presses are destroyed?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)