|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the first names of Miss McGuirk and Dr. Artunian?
2. Does Ben put up a fight when Annabel leaves for her 2:30 appointment?
3. Why does everyone assume that Annabel is dead when she is missing?
4. Why does Mrs. Schmauss think Annabel will turn to drugs in the near future?
5. Who in the Andrews family smokes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What instructions does Annabel give to Boris before leaving leaving for her 2:30 appointment?
2. Describe the way Mrs. Schmauss defends herself against being accused of drinking the Andrews family alcohol.
3. Summarize the highlights of Annabel's phone conversation to the repairman.
4. How does Ben feel about Annabel, and why does he feel that way?
5. Who is Madame Murphy and how does Annabel feel about her?
6. Who is Annabel's gym coach and what does he say about her athletic abilities?
7. What reason does Ben give for not wanting to go with Annabel to her 2:30 appointment?
8. Describe in detail Annabel and Ben's "pick-up lunch" in Chapter 7.
9. How does Ben feel about Mrs. Schmauss, and why does he feel that way?
10. How does Mrs. Schmauss feel about Annabel, and why does she feel that way?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At one point in the novel, the children are in school and Annabel is alone. She wonders for the first time where her mother is. Write an essay that explains and explores Annabel's ideas and feelings as to where her mother might be. Where does Annabel think her mother has gone? What possibilities does Annabel explore for her mother's whereabouts? How does Annabel feel about the notions she comes up with, and why? What does this say about Annabel and her insight into her mother?
Essay Topic 2
When Annabel finds herself switched into her mother's body, she describes her family members, and does not hesitate to provide her opinions. This leaves open the possibility that Annabel may change her opinion of her family members throughout the novel. Write an essay that discusses whether or not Annabel changes her opinion of her family members by the end of the novel. What would a change contribute to the story? Be sure the provide examples to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
The sibling rivalry between Annabel and Ben is a prominent theme in the novel. Compare and contrast when Annabel and Ben discuss their relationship without Ben being aware that it is his sister he is talking to. Ben adores his sister and will do anything to be more like her, a fact that constantly backfires for the poor kid. Annabel, for the first time, gets to see her brother's true feelings for her. It's ironic she had to be her mother to see it.
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)