|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ben's No. 1 reason for hating Mrs. Schmauss?
2. What organization does the bystander say Annabel should be reported to?
3. When does the repairman say someone will arrive to fix the Andrews family machine?
4. What does Annabel think about the way adults dress?
5. What does Mr. Dilk say about Annabel's personality?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Annabel feel about the way adults dress?
2. Who are the girls crowded into the Andrews family living room in Chapter 10, and why are they there?
3. How does Boris feel about having to cook all the time at his house? Elaborate.
4. What does Ben think about braces, and why does he feel that way?
5. Describe the physical qualities of Mrs. Schmauss.
6. Describe the toy Ben makes in school and what is it made from.
7. What reason does Ben give for not wanting to go with Annabel to her 2:30 appointment?
8. How does Mrs. Schmauss feel about Annabel, and why does she feel that way?
9. What description does Annabel give of Mr. Dilk?
10. How does Ben feel about Boris and why does he feel that way?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Annabel and Mrs. Schmauss get into a fight over the real Annabel's conduct and discipline. In the process it is eventually revealed that Mrs. Schmauss is racist and prejudiced. Write an essay that relates the interaction that Annabel has with Mrs Schmauss to the concept of social and racial justice as depicted in the novel. Use concrete examples from the novel to make your points.
Essay Topic 2
As Annabel starts the laundry, Boris Harris turns up at the apartment door. In this way the two characters begin an interaction that is important to their relationship throughout the rest of the book. Write an essay that traces the relationship between Annabel and Boris as it develops and changes throughout the novel. How does their interaction and the growth in their relationship reveal characterization, theme or other literary element? Provide concrete examples to back up your assertions.
Essay Topic 3
Annabel comes face to face with whoever inhabits her mother's body for the first time in the morning before school. Write an essay that analyzes how these two Annabels interact with each other when they first meet. What things does the person in Annabel's body do and say, and what is the real Annabel's reaction? Be sure to include any questions or conflicts that arise in Annabel after this first interaction. Provide examples to support your position.
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)