|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Ben like being called "Ape Face"?
2. What mark does Annabel get in English?
3. What outfit is Annabel wearing when the door bell rings in Chapter 6?
4. What is the name of Annabel's school?
5. What is the name of Annabel's math teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the toy Ben makes in school and what is it made from.
2. What does Ben think about braces, and why does he feel that way?
3. How does Annabel feel about the way adults dress?
4. How does Ben feel about Boris and why does he feel that way?
5. What changes does Annabel's body go through while Ellen is nside of it?
6. Summarize the highlights of Annabel's phone conversation to the repairman.
7. Describe the way Mrs. Schmauss defends herself against being accused of drinking the Andrews family alcohol.
8. Who is Madame Murphy and how does Annabel feel about her?
9. What does Annabel think of Mrs. Betty Parsons and why does she feel that way?
10. What reason does Ben give for not wanting to go with Annabel to her 2:30 appointment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As Annabel starts the laundry, Boris Harris turns up at the apartment door. In this way the two characters begin an interaction that is important to their relationship throughout the rest of the book. Write an essay that traces the relationship between Annabel and Boris as it develops and changes throughout the novel. How does their interaction and the growth in their relationship reveal characterization, theme or other literary element? Provide concrete examples to back up your assertions.
Essay Topic 2
Write a five-paragraph essay that explores the idea of body switching. For Annabel, how does the body-switching scenario serve her? Or, does it fail her? Why or why not? Will Annabel continue down the path of responsibility or will she relapse into her old habits? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
When Annabel finds herself switched into her mother's body, she gets up early and then decides to awaken her father before the alarm goes off. Write an essay that discusses how these two actions of Annabel's contribute to the novel.
Part 1. Discuss what Annabel is doing before she awakens her father and how it makes her feel, as well as why she awakens her father before the alarm goes off. Be sure to include anything that can be considered unusual about her behavior.
Part 2. Discuss why Annabel's father reacts the way he does when she wakes him up. What does Annabel think about what he says and does? How does this contribute to the novel?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)