|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Boris talking funny when he and Annabel have their conversation in Chapter 5?
2. Does Annabel like going to school?
3. How much Clorox does Annabel put in the washer?
4. What newspaper does Bill like to read?
5. What holiday does the woman on the phone ask about at the end of Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. List three of the four people Annabel thinks her mother might have switched bodies with.
2. Describe the different noises Annabel hears after the children leave for school.
3. How does Annabel feel when Bill first sees her as her mother and not her true self?
4. Why is Annabel not all that surprised that she awakens in her mother's body?
5. What three items does Annabel make Bill for breakfast, and how are they cooked and served?
6. What do Annabel's body and Ben argue about at the end of Chapter 3? How does Ben react to her accusations?
7. What is unusual about Annabel's attitude when it comes to her parents? How does she normally act on a day-to-day basis?
8. How does Annabel feel about going to school, and what does she think of Miss McGuirk?
9. At what time does Annabel's grandmother like Ellen to call and why?
10. What does Boris Harris look like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Annabel finds herself switched into her mother's body, she gets up early and then decides to awaken her father before the alarm goes off. Write an essay that discusses how these two actions of Annabel's contribute to the novel.
Part 1. Discuss what Annabel is doing before she awakens her father and how it makes her feel, as well as why she awakens her father before the alarm goes off. Be sure to include anything that can be considered unusual about her behavior.
Part 2. Discuss why Annabel's father reacts the way he does when she wakes him up. What does Annabel think about what he says and does? How does this contribute to the novel?
Essay Topic 2
The sibling rivalry between Annabel and Ben is a prominent theme in the novel. Compare and contrast when Annabel and Ben discuss their relationship without Ben being aware that it is his sister he is talking to. Ben adores his sister and will do anything to be more like her, a fact that constantly backfires for the poor kid. Annabel, for the first time, gets to see her brother's true feelings for her. It's ironic she had to be her mother to see it.
Essay Topic 3
Annabel Andrews awakens one morning to discover that she has been switched into her mother's body. Write an essay discussing Annabel's feelings associated with this development. What are the most significant thoughts and feelings that come to her in this situation? Are they positive, negative or neutral? Explain your rationale by providing examples from the novel.
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)