|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Annabel like going to school?
2. Which of these does Annabel attribute to herself?
3. On which day does Mrs. Schmauss visit?
4. What month had Bill planned to rent a house for the family vacation?
5. When he first wakes up, what item does Annabel's father want?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Annabel feel about going to school, and what does she think of Miss McGuirk?
2. Describe in detail the lie Annabel's body gives Annabel about her English composition.
3. How does Annabel feel when Bill first sees her as her mother and not her true self?
4. What is unusual about Annabel's attitude when it comes to her parents? How does she normally act on a day-to-day basis?
5. List and describe three of the five shows Annabel flips through on the television.
6. What three items does Annabel make Bill for breakfast, and how are they cooked and served?
7. Describe three things that Annabel thinks make her mother too strict.
8. How does Annabel feel about her father and how does the reader know that?
9. Describe how Annabel tricks her mother into agreeing to let her go to camp.
10. Describe the morning routine Annabel goes through after waking up in her mother's body.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It is a surprise for Annabel to learn that Ben has never liked Mrs. Schmauss because the housekeeper is partial to him while she exhibits apparent dislike of Annabel. Write an essay to explore the theme of sibling rivalry between Annabel and Ben. Be sure to include how Annabel feels about Ben at the beginning of the novel, how Annabel thinks Ben feels about her, and how Ben really feels about Annabel. How does she become aware of this? Does the concept of irony apply? Use examples from the novel to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 11, Annabel explains everything that her mother goes through in the past day. Write an essay that discusses the following:
Part 1: How does Annabel's mother spends her day as Annabel? What are Ellen's motives? Why does she not let Annabel in on the secret earlier?
Part 2: What are the revelations that her mother makes to her? What changes does Ellen initiate for Annabel? How does Annabel react to the revelations and changes?
Part 3: Was Ellen right to make the choices she did? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Annabel comes face to face with whoever inhabits her mother's body for the first time in the morning before school. Write an essay that analyzes how these two Annabels interact with each other when they first meet. What things does the person in Annabel's body do and say, and what is the real Annabel's reaction? Be sure to include any questions or conflicts that arise in Annabel after this first interaction. Provide examples to support your position.
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)