|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Annabel describe the situation when her father sees her as her mother and not herself?
2. Why does Annabel object to the breakfast that her mother prepares for her on a normal day?
3. What does Annabel ask her father after he wakes up in chapter 2?
4. What beverages does Bill ask Annabel to pickup from the store?
5. In Chapter 3, when Annabel asks about her English composition, how does her body reply?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the events that unfold between Annabel and Bill after she awakens him in Chapter 2.
2. What is unusual about Annabel's attitude when it comes to her parents? How does she normally act on a day-to-day basis?
3. What does Annabel's mother look like?
4. Describe the different noises Annabel hears after the children leave for school.
5. What does Boris Harris look like?
6. Why does Annabel feel so insecure about her looks when compared with her mother?
7. List three of the four people Annabel thinks her mother might have switched bodies with.
8. List the types and quantities of alcohol that Bill wants Annabel to get from the store.
9. What does Annabel think about after she kisses Ben as he leaves for school?
10. How does Annabel feel about going to school, and what does she think of Miss McGuirk?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Annabel and Mrs. Schmauss get into a fight over the real Annabel's conduct and discipline. In the process it is eventually revealed that Mrs. Schmauss is racist and prejudiced. Write an essay that relates the interaction that Annabel has with Mrs Schmauss to the concept of social and racial justice as depicted in the novel. Use concrete examples from the novel to make your points.
Essay Topic 2
When Annabel finds herself switched into her mother's body, she gets up early and then decides to awaken her father before the alarm goes off. Write an essay that discusses how these two actions of Annabel's contribute to the novel.
Part 1. Discuss what Annabel is doing before she awakens her father and how it makes her feel, as well as why she awakens her father before the alarm goes off. Be sure to include anything that can be considered unusual about her behavior.
Part 2. Discuss why Annabel's father reacts the way he does when she wakes him up. What does Annabel think about what he says and does? How does this contribute to the novel?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 11, Annabel explains everything that her mother goes through in the past day. Write an essay that discusses the following:
Part 1: How does Annabel's mother spends her day as Annabel? What are Ellen's motives? Why does she not let Annabel in on the secret earlier?
Part 2: What are the revelations that her mother makes to her? What changes does Ellen initiate for Annabel? How does Annabel react to the revelations and changes?
Part 3: Was Ellen right to make the choices she did? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)