|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Dilk doing when Annabel walks into his office?
(a) Talking on the phone.
(b) Writing a paper.
(c) Smoking a cigarette.
(d) Drinking Scotch.
2. What is the name of Ben's friend in Chapter 8?
3. What is Ben's No. 1 reason for hating Mrs. Schmauss?
(a) Mrs. Schmauss smells funny.
(b) Mrs. Schmauss says crude things.
(c) Mrs. Schmauss is a poor cook.
(d) Mrs. Schmauss hates Annabel.
4. What do the officers keep calling Annabel when they have their phone conversation in Chapter 10?
(a) A crazy cat lady.
(b) A nut job.
(c) A fruitcake.
(d) An old bat.
5. What does Mrs. Schmauss accuse the Andrews family of being?
Short Answer Questions
1. What flavor jelly does Ben put on his meatballs?
2. Why does Ben pretend that Annabel's room is his own in Chapter 8?
3. What are the names of Annabel's three best friends?
4. What is the name of the takeout restaurant that Boris' mother usually gets food from?
5. What toy does Ben hand Annabel so that he can cross the street with free hands?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Annabel feel about the way adults dress?
2. Annabel calls two people "chauvinist pigs" in Chapter 8. Who are the people she says this to and why?
3. Who is Annabel's gym coach and what does he say about her athletic abilities?
4. What are some of the negative qualities of Mrs. Schmauss?
5. How does Ben feel about Annabel, and why does he feel that way?
6. What instructions does Annabel give to Boris before leaving leaving for her 2:30 appointment?
7. Describe the physical qualities of Mrs. Schmauss.
8. Describe the way Mrs. Schmauss defends herself against being accused of drinking the Andrews family alcohol.
9. How does Mrs. Schmauss feel about Annabel, and why does she feel that way?
10. What reason does Ben give for not wanting to go with Annabel to her 2:30 appointment?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)