|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do 7-7 sumo wrestlers begin losing matches most often?
(a) When they near the age of retirement.
(b) When a league official is present.
(c) When they are wrestling friends or mentors.
(d) When allegations of cheating are made.
2. What is the average annual salary of a bottom-tier sumo wrestler?
3. In 1920, how many black children out of 100 died in infancy?
(a) 13 of 100.
(b) 24 of 100.
(c) 2 of 100.
(d) 45 of 100.
4. Which of the following is not a reason why crack was so appealing to urban gangs in the 1980s?
(a) Its high fades quickly.
(b) It provides a fast, powerful high.
(c) It is less expensive.
(d) It has a lower chance of overdose.
5. How long did JT run the Black Gangster Disciple Nation before being promoted to the Board of Directors?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Levitt, because something is correlated to something else does not imply what type of relationship between them?
2. What percentage commission does a real estate broker generally take from a home sale?
3. Paul Feldman makes his living delivering what to offices?
4. Which two cities does Levitt compare in his discussion of police population versus murder rate?
5. What did the authors of FREAKONOMICS consider doing for six minutes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the organizational structure of the Black Gangster Disciple Nation similar to McDonald's?
2. What mindset do the authors ask the reader to take at the end of the introduction?
3. What example do the authors use at the end of the chapter to show that people will cheat if they know they won't be caught?
4. What argument do the authors make about experts?
5. How does Venkatesh get his hands on JT's financial records?
6. Why is a real estate agent inclined to keep her own house on the market longer than her client's?
7. Why would some winning sumo wrestlers throw a match?
8. Why is information crime so difficult to catch?
9. How does the inclusion of a small monetary compensation affect blood donation in the 1970s?
10. What tactics do researchers use to determine if CPS teachers are cheating on standardized tests?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)