|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what Southern Klan stronghold did Stetson Kennedy hail?
2. Informational asymmetry indicates the use of information for what?
(a) Leveling of society.
(b) Monetary profit.
(c) Accumulation of power.
(d) Bettering of a culture.
3. What percentage of the vote does an incumbent candidate lose on average if he spends half as much money in his second campaign?
4. At what preeminent university does Venkatesh meet Steven Levitt?
(a) Northwestern University.
(b) University of Chicago.
5. Which of the following is an action that Gyges undertakes in the story that ends Chapter 1?
(a) He sleeps for twenty years.
(b) He feeds an entire village.
(c) He murders the king.
(d) He starts a war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What additional response does Venkatesh later state should be added to his questionnaire?
2. What percentage of the Black Gangster Disciple Nation takes home half the pay?
3. How much did JT's revenue increase over the four year period chronicled in Booty's financial records?
4. The amount of money spent on every season's election campaigns is the same as the amount spent by Americans yearly on what?
5. Researchers determining whether teachers are encouraging cheating on standardized tests observe classes over how many years?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does terminology help real estate agents set a price for a house?
2. What are the defining characteristics of conventional wisdom?
3. What is information asymmetry?
4. How is this book different from other nonfiction books, according to the authors?
5. How are nylon stockings and crack cocaine similar?
6. What happens to the day-cares of Haifa, Israel when a late-pickup fee is introduced?
7. How have attitudes toward public bigotry changed in recent years?
8. What argument do the authors make about experts?
9. What does Paul Feldman learn about honesty from his bagel business?
10. What mindset do the authors ask the reader to take at the end of the introduction?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)