|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which economist and philosopher does Levitt cite at the end of his introduction?
(a) John Stuart Mill.
(b) Karl Marx.
(c) Adam Smith.
(d) Jeremy Bentham.
2. Which of the following is not affected by the rank of a sumo wrestler?
(a) His housing accomodations.
(b) His food.
(c) His earnings.
(d) His entourage.
3. Which realm of employment is not a turn-on to women on dating sites?
(d) Law enforcement.
4. On average, how many more days does a real estate agent generally keep her own house on the market as opposed to someone else's?
5. What percentage of people actually pays for Paul Feldman's wares?
6. What percentage of his revenue does JT pay to the Board of Directors?
7. By what percentage did violent crime drop between 1995 and 2000?
8. How long does the Black Gangster Disciple Nation hold Venkatesh in the stairwell the first time he happens upon them?
(a) 24 hours.
(b) 8 hours.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 15 hours.
9. What event in California has allowed two Enron traders to jack up energy prices int he dialogue of this chapter?
(a) A heatwave.
(b) A wildfire.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A plane crash.
10. What action led to a reduction in blood donors in the 1970s?
(a) An STD test.
(b) Donors' names listed in the local paper.
(c) A new type of needle.
(d) Monetary compensation.
11. What is Stetson Kennedy's pseudonym at the Pittsburgh Courier?
(a) Simon LaGre.
(b) John Brown.
(d) Daddy Mention.
12. What did the clan call its book of beliefs?
(a) The Klagavaad Klita.
(b) The Kloran.
(c) The Klorah.
(d) The Klible.
13. What surprising fact about themselves do 7% of the men in the dating-site study reveal on their profiles?
(a) They are overweight.
(b) They are married.
(c) They are impotent.
(d) They are only interested in one race of mate.
14. To what organization do the authors immediately compare the Black Gangster Disciple Nation?
(a) The American military.
(b) The Ku Klux Klan.
(d) General Motors.
15. How many Americans use dating websites every year?
(a) 15 million.
(b) 5 million.
(c) 40 million.
(d) 75 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paul Feldman view humanity as a result of his business records?
2. In 1920, how many black children out of 100 died in infancy?
3. What is the central action of economics?
4. According to normal Weakest Link strategy, who will players vote off in later rounds?
5. Paul Feldman makes his living delivering what to offices?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)