|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which President spoke to the House of Representatives early about the dangers of the Ku Klux Klan?
2. Which economist and philosopher does Levitt cite at the end of his introduction?
(a) Jeremy Bentham.
(b) Adam Smith.
(c) Karl Marx.
(d) John Stuart Mill.
3. What is Stetson Kennedy's pseudonym at the Pittsburgh Courier?
(a) Daddy Mention.
(b) Simon LaGre.
(c) John Brown.
4. What is the central action of economics?
5. What do the authors argue is the primary incentive for not soliciting a prostitute?
(a) The fear of public ridicule.
(b) The fear of going to jail.
(c) The fear of losing one's family.
(d) The fear of paying a large fine.
6. Which of the following is not one of the three types of incentives?
7. Why does Levitt believe there are few violent criminals in the end of the twentieth century?
(a) They have been better educated.
(b) They were incarcerated at a younger age.
(c) They were never born.
(d) They had less access to weapons.
8. What condition did Listerine claim to treat in 1920, increasing its sales dramatically?
(d) Jaw cancer.
9. In this chapter, Levitt mentions that the average American prostitute makes more than the average American what?
10. What did the clan call its book of beliefs?
(a) The Klagavaad Klita.
(b) The Klorah.
(c) The Kloran.
(d) The Klible.
11. What portion of the full commission does the seller's real estate agent generally get to keep?
(a) All of it.
(b) One third.
(c) One fourth.
(d) One half.
12. How does Paul Feldman view humanity as a result of his business records?
(a) People are deceptive and entitled.
(b) People are basically honest.
(c) People become less honest after achieving success.
(d) People never lie.
13. Which realm of employment is not a turn-on to women on dating sites?
(a) Law enforcement.
14. What does Levitt ask of his reader at the end of the introduction?
15. According to the authors, what is the easiest way to ensure your will not get a good response to your dating profile?
(a) Not posting a photo.
(b) Lying about your weight.
(c) Indicating that you do not want a long-term relationship.
(d) Listing that you are unemployed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two groups are the most discriminated against on Weakest Link?
2. Which of the following is not a public figure that the author mentions as a wealthy man purchasing public office?
3. From what Southern Klan stronghold did Stetson Kennedy hail?
4. According to James Alan Fox in 1995, what is the minimum rise in violent crime to be expected in the next decade?
5. How long does the Black Gangster Disciple Nation hold Venkatesh in the stairwell the first time he happens upon them?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)