|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The authors compare the risk of a crack dealer in JT's gang to the most dangerous job in America. What is that job?
(a) Coal miner.
(b) Big city police officer.
(c) Deep sea fisherman.
(d) Timber cutter.
2. According to Levitt, because something is correlated to something else does not imply what type of relationship between them?
3. Which of the following is not one of the three types of incentives?
4. What unethical practice are Atlanta police discovered to have undertaken throughout the 1990s?
(a) Racial profiling.
(b) Underreporting crime.
(c) Accepting kickbacks.
(d) Selling confiscated drugs.
5. Which of the following is not a profession that the authors indicate has been adversely affected by the Internet?
(a) Car salesmen.
(b) Life insurance salesmen.
(c) Funeral directors.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country is every adult male issued a gun by the government to keep at home?
2. According to Levitt, what do experts use their knowledge for?
3. According to Peter Sandman, what is the defining attribute of irrational fears that we have?
4. How long does the Black Gangster Disciple Nation hold Venkatesh in the stairwell the first time he happens upon them?
5. What often catalyzes a big-city mayor's decision to hire more police?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)