|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an action the authors regularly recommend in order to reach unexpected conclusions?
(a) Remain objective.
(b) Ask many questions.
(c) Move to a major city.
(d) Examine incentives.
2. In what year did the drop in New York violent crime begin in the 1990s?
3. What comedic Hollywood icon does Levitt quote regarding honesty in this chapter?
(a) Buster Keaton.
(b) Stan Laurel.
(c) Soupy Sales.
(d) W.C. Fields.
4. Why did pro-gun advocate John R. Lott create a female pseudonym?
(a) To solicit sex online.
(b) To defend his theories.
(c) To place on his own petitions.
(d) To have a tax credit for a dependant.
5. What is the median annual income of the neighborhood in which the Black Gangster Disciple Nation operates?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the central action of economics?
2. How many homeless people did Mitch Snyder tell a college class die every second?
3. According to the authors, what would be a more reasonable educational concern than the black-white achievement gap?
4. At the end of this chapter, Levitt compares an aspiring parent to what equally deluded hypothetical figure from earlier in the book?
5. What was the name of the Communist dictator of Romania who banned abortion in 1966?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)