|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many names from the top ten most popular black boy's names from 1990 do not appear on the 2000 list?
2. At the end of this chapter, Levitt compares an aspiring parent to what equally deluded hypothetical figure from earlier in the book?
(a) A real estate agent.
(b) An uncharismatic politician.
(c) A drug soldier.
(d) A 7-7 sumo wrestler.
3. Why does Levitt believe there are few violent criminals in the end of the twentieth century?
(a) They were incarcerated at a younger age.
(b) They have been better educated.
(c) They had less access to weapons.
(d) They were never born.
4. How many Americans use dating websites every year?
(a) 75 million.
(b) 40 million.
(c) 5 million.
(d) 15 million.
5. A quoted study in the text suggest that the United States would have to pay 46 billion dollars to save what animal from extinction?
(a) The spotted own.
(b) The grey wolf.
(c) The humpbacked whale.
(d) The snow leopard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the number one white girl name that indicates low education in a parent?
2. Who was Rudolph Giuliani's police commissioner often credited with reducing crime in New York in the Nineties?
3. How does Paul Feldman view humanity as a result of his business records?
4. How much does it cost to keep one American incarcerated for one year?
5. How many homeless people did Mitch Snyder tell a college class die every second?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)