|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What often catalyzes a big-city mayor's decision to hire more police?
(a) An upcoming election.
(b) A large public event.
(c) A visit from the President.
(d) A high-profile murder.
2. The amount of money spent on every season's election campaigns is the same as the amount spent by Americans yearly on what?
3. In 1960s and 1970s Chicago, what never seemed to happen to street gang members?
(a) They never got arrested.
(b) They never did their own drugs.
(c) They were never killed.
(d) They never had turf wars.
4. What is the average annual salary of a bottom-tier sumo wrestler?
5. What condition did Listerine claim to treat in 1920, increasing its sales dramatically?
(b) Jaw cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Levitt believe there are few violent criminals in the end of the twentieth century?
2. By how much did the homicide rate among young black males increase over the first five years of the crack boom?
3. Which of the following real estate terms indicates that a home buyer should bid low?
4. What two first names were place on identical resumes in the name study of this chapter?
5. What did the clan call its book of beliefs?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)