|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the first Internet web site to allow consumers to compare life insurance rates?
2. At the end of this chapter, Levitt compares an aspiring parent to what equally deluded hypothetical figure from earlier in the book?
(a) A real estate agent.
(b) A 7-7 sumo wrestler.
(c) A drug soldier.
(d) An uncharismatic politician.
3. According to James Alan Fox in 1995, what is the minimum rise in violent crime to be expected in the next decade?
4. According to normal Weakest Link strategy, who will players vote off in later rounds?
(a) No one.
(b) Better players.
(d) The weakest players.
5. What service was offered in exchange for firearms in a California gun buyback?
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of the vote does an incumbent candidate lose on average if he spends half as much money in his second campaign?
2. Which of the following is an action that Gyges undertakes in the story that ends Chapter 1?
3. What is the average annual salary of a bottom-tier sumo wrestler?
4. For what year are the authors attempting to forecast when they list possible future popular names at the end of the chapter?
5. In what country is the daycare service examined at the beginning of this chapter?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)