|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the Communist dictator of Romania who banned abortion in 1966?
2. The correlative educational effect seen in children whose mothers were over 30 at the birth is contingent upon what?
(a) The child must be the mother's first.
(b) The mother must not work until kindergarten.
(c) The mother must be college-educated.
(d) The child cannot be born prematurely.
3. Who was Rudolph Giuliani's police commissioner often credited with reducing crime in New York in the Nineties?
(a) William Bratton.
(b) Ray Kelly.
(c) Howard Safire.
(d) Bernard Kerik.
4. Which of the following is an action that Gyges undertakes in the story that ends Chapter 1?
(a) He murders the king.
(b) He feeds an entire village.
(c) He starts a war.
(d) He sleeps for twenty years.
5. In 1964, what was a hauntingly simple cause of infant death in the American black community?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the number one white girl name that indicates low education in a parent?
2. What additional response does Venkatesh later state should be added to his questionnaire?
3. What did the authors of FREAKONOMICS consider doing for six minutes?
4. In 1920, how many black children out of 100 died in infancy?
5. Which economist and philosopher does Levitt cite at the end of his introduction?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)