|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to a quoted study in FREAKONOMICS, by what percentage is an aborted child more likely to have grown up in poverty than one that is born?
2. How many names from the top ten most popular black girls names from 1990 do not appear on the 2000 list?
3. How did the Chicago Public School system deal with the confusion of allowing students to choose any school in the city?
(a) They had everyone choose a list of ten schools.
(b) They ran a lottery.
(c) They limited choices to a four mile radius.
(d) They augmented the buildings of the most successful schools.
4. What is the central action of economics?
5. Which film boxer do the authors cite in their discussion of honesty in sports?
(a) Jake LaMotta.
(b) Terry Malloy.
(c) Apollo Creed.
(d) Rocky Balboa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the clan call its book of beliefs?
2. In the authors' hypothetical comparison of two boys' lives, where does the poor black boy grow up?
3. What language is most strongly represented in the list of the top 20 white girl's names that signify high-education?
4. Which former Supreme Court Justice do the authors quote at the end of the section on capital punishment?
5. What name did Ms. Bledsoe intend to give her daughter, Temptress?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)