|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which black politician's slim election victory indicates voters might have lied to pollsters?
(a) Cory Booker.
(b) David Dinkins.
(c) Harold Ford, Jr.
(d) Barack Obama.
2. Which of the following factors is revealed not to have a correlative effect on a child's school performance?
(a) The child's parents have a high socioeconomic status.
(b) The child has many books in his home.
(c) The child is regularly spanked.
(d) The child's parents speak English at home.
3. In 1960s and 1970s Chicago, what never seemed to happen to street gang members?
(a) They were never killed.
(b) They never got arrested.
(c) They never did their own drugs.
(d) They never had turf wars.
4. How long does the Black Gangster Disciple Nation hold Venkatesh in the stairwell the first time he happens upon them?
(a) 15 hours.
(b) 8 hours.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
5. Within a single office, who cheats Paul Feldman most?
(a) Custodial staff.
(c) Visiting employees.
(d) Low level employees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What now-infamous governor tried to introduce a plan to mail everyone in the state a book every month from birth to kindergarten?
2. The amount of money spent on every season's election campaigns is the same as the amount spent by Americans yearly on what?
3. To what satirist do the authors liken their own abortion-violent crime claim?
4. Which of the following is a major reason that the turf war affected JT's profits adversely?
5. As of 2004, roughly how many fetuses have been aborted in America?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)