|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following factors is revealed to have a correlative effect on a child's school performance?
(a) The child is adopted.
(b) The child's parents regularly read to him.
(c) The child's parents regularly take him to museums.
(d) The child is regularly spanked.
2. What basketball player's recollections does Roland G. Fryer, Jr., cite in his paper "The Economics of 'Acting White'"?
(a) Michael Jordan.
(b) Charles Barkley.
(c) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
(d) Magic Johnson.
3. What conservative American politician does Levitt cite as an example of a victim of the country's changing attitudes toward bigotry?
(a) Jim Demint.
(b) Lindsay Graham.
(c) Trent Lott.
(d) Tom Delay.
4. What was the name of the Communist dictator of Romania who banned abortion in 1966?
5. Which of the following is not a public figure that the author mentions as a wealthy man purchasing public office?
(a) Jon Corzine.
(b) Ross Perot.
(c) Mike Bloomberg.
(d) Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Supreme Court case involved Norma McCorvey as plaintiff?
2. What portion of the full commission does the seller's real estate agent generally get to keep?
3. Which of the following is not an alternate source of funding in the twentieth century?
4. At what preeminent university does Venkatesh meet Steven Levitt?
5. Which of the following real estate terms indicates that a home buyer should bid high?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)