|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what Southern Klan stronghold did Stetson Kennedy hail?
2. In the media, what term is given to the new, more dangerous violent criminal in the 1990s?
(c) Enhanced threat.
3. In 1987, why did many people stop claiming fake children on their tax returns?
(a) They began receiving a much smaller exemption.
(b) They were required to provide a social security number for each.
(c) The government bagan a much more thorough census.
(d) The government stepped up prosecution of tax violators.
4. What Supreme Court case involved Norma McCorvey as plaintiff?
(a) Roe v. Wade.
(b) Gibbons v. Ogden.
(c) Plessy v. Ferguson.
(d) Brown v. Board of Education.
5. What percentage of the Black Gangster Disciple Nation takes home half the pay?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stetson Kennedy's pseudonym at the Pittsburgh Courier?
2. Which of the following is not a group persecuted by the Klan in the twentieth century?
3. What is the median annual income of the neighborhood in which the Black Gangster Disciple Nation operates?
4. According to Levitt, because something is correlated to something else does not imply what type of relationship between them?
5. Which two philosophers does Levitt cite who subscribe to the belief that people are inherently good?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)