|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Oscar Danilo Blandon claim that he sold such extensive quantities of crack cocaine in the late 1970s?
(a) To pay off his gambling debts.
(b) To undermine community leadersin Los Angeles.
(c) To provide a safer cocaine product than free-base.
(d) To fund the Nicaraguan Contras.
2. In summation, what does Levitt claim was the source of the Klan's power in the twentieth century?
(a) Well-placed friends.
3. In his introduction, what does Levitt say he wants to replace with honest assessment?
(b) Moral posturing.
(c) Conventional wisdom.
(d) Social bias.
4. What did the clan call its book of beliefs?
(a) The Klorah.
(b) The Kloran.
(c) The Klagavaad Klita.
(d) The Klible.
5. What did the authors of FREAKONOMICS consider doing for six minutes?
(a) Writing a novel.
(b) Writing a book on a single theme.
(c) Giving up.
(d) Falsifying all their data.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do teachers most often cheat on standardized tests?
2. Informational asymmetry indicates the use of information for what?
3. The amount of money spent on every season's election campaigns is the same as the amount spent by Americans yearly on what?
4. According to Levitt, what do humans primarily respond to?
5. What conservative American politician does Levitt cite as an example of a victim of the country's changing attitudes toward bigotry?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)