|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By how much did the homicide rate among young black males increase over the first five years of the crack boom?
(a) It doubled.
(b) It quadrupled.
(c) It tripled.
(d) It increased by half.
2. What surprising fact about themselves do 7% of the men in the dating-site study reveal on their profiles?
(a) They are impotent.
(b) They are only interested in one race of mate.
(c) They are married.
(d) They are overweight.
3. In his introduction, what does Levitt say he wants to replace with honest assessment?
(a) Conventional wisdom.
(b) Moral posturing.
(d) Social bias.
4. What event in California has allowed two Enron traders to jack up energy prices int he dialogue of this chapter?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A heatwave.
(c) A plane crash.
(d) A wildfire.
5. Within a single office, who cheats Paul Feldman most?
(a) Low level employees.
(c) Visiting employees.
(d) Custodial staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Oscar Danilo Blandon claim that he sold such extensive quantities of crack cocaine in the late 1970s?
2. In what country is the daycare service examined at the beginning of this chapter?
3. What action led to a reduction in blood donors in the 1970s?
4. The amount of money spent on every season's election campaigns is the same as the amount spent by Americans yearly on what?
5. How long does the Black Gangster Disciple Nation hold Venkatesh in the stairwell the first time he happens upon them?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)