|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Levitt believe there are few violent criminals in the end of the twentieth century?
(a) They had less access to weapons.
(b) They have been better educated.
(c) They were incarcerated at a younger age.
(d) They were never born.
2. According to James Alan Fox in 1995, what is the minimum rise in violent crime to be expected in the next decade?
3. What does Levitt ask of his reader at the end of the introduction?
4. Which economist and philosopher does Levitt cite at the end of his introduction?
(a) Adam Smith.
(b) Karl Marx.
(c) Jeremy Bentham.
(d) John Stuart Mill.
5. At what preeminent university does Venkatesh meet Steven Levitt?
(b) Northwestern University.
(d) University of Chicago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a group persecuted by the Klan in the twentieth century?
2. What is the central action of economics?
3. Which black politician's slim election victory indicates voters might have lied to pollsters?
4. Why did Oscar Danilo Blandon claim that he sold such extensive quantities of crack cocaine in the late 1970s?
5. How many homeless people did Mitch Snyder tell a college class die every second?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)