|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times a year are elite sumo tournaments held?
(a) 10 times.
(c) 6 times.
(d) 3 times.
2. Which film boxer do the authors cite in their discussion of honesty in sports?
(a) Jake LaMotta.
(b) Terry Malloy.
(c) Apollo Creed.
(d) Rocky Balboa.
3. Which of the following is not a group persecuted by the Klan in the twentieth century?
(a) Union organizers.
4. Why does Levitt believe there are few violent criminals in the end of the twentieth century?
(a) They were incarcerated at a younger age.
(b) They have been better educated.
(c) They were never born.
(d) They had less access to weapons.
5. What is the name of the first Internet web site to allow consumers to compare life insurance rates?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which racist American figure is the focus of the final passage of this chapter?
2. What does Gyges' ring do?
3. Which President spoke to the House of Representatives early about the dangers of the Ku Klux Klan?
4. According to the authors, what euphemism means that a house is largely dilapidated?
5. The amount of money spent on every season's election campaigns is the same as the amount spent by Americans yearly on what?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)