|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1920, how many black children out of 100 died in infancy?
(a) 45 of 100.
(b) 13 of 100.
(c) 24 of 100.
(d) 2 of 100.
2. Which President spoke to the House of Representatives early about the dangers of the Ku Klux Klan?
3. Which film boxer do the authors cite in their discussion of honesty in sports?
(a) Apollo Creed.
(b) Jake LaMotta.
(c) Terry Malloy.
(d) Rocky Balboa.
4. Which realm of employment is not a turn-on to women on dating sites?
(a) Law enforcement.
5. Which two groups are the most discriminated against on Weakest Link?
(a) Blacks and asians.
(b) Women and the youngest contestants.
(c) Indians and southerners.
(d) Latinos and the elderly.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Levitt, because something is correlated to something else does not imply what type of relationship between them?
2. In 1987, why did many people stop claiming fake children on their tax returns?
3. What Supreme Court case involved Norma McCorvey as plaintiff?
4. Which black politician's slim election victory indicates voters might have lied to pollsters?
5. According to the authors, what is the easiest way to ensure your will not get a good response to your dating profile?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)