|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to James Alan Fox in 1995, what is the minimum rise in violent crime to be expected in the next decade?
2. How many times a year are elite sumo tournaments held?
(a) 6 times.
(b) 3 times.
(c) 10 times.
3. What does Levitt ask of his reader at the end of the introduction?
4. In what year did the Chicago Public School system begin widespread standardized testing?
5. Which two philosophers does Levitt cite who subscribe to the belief that people are inherently good?
(a) Heidegger and John Stuart Mill.
(b) Plato and Descartes.
(c) John Locke and Hegel.
(d) Socrates and Adam Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do teachers most often cheat on standardized tests?
2. What percentage commission does a real estate broker generally take from a home sale?
3. What surprising fact about themselves do 7% of the men in the dating-site study reveal on their profiles?
4. What event in California has allowed two Enron traders to jack up energy prices int he dialogue of this chapter?
5. Which of the following is not affected by the rank of a sumo wrestler?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)