|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The amount of money spent on every season's election campaigns is the same as the amount spent by Americans yearly on what?
2. What portion of the full commission does the seller's real estate agent generally get to keep?
(a) One fourth.
(b) One third.
(c) One half.
(d) All of it.
3. What is the average annual salary of a bottom-tier sumo wrestler?
4. Paul Feldman makes his living delivering what to offices?
(b) Ink cartridges.
(d) Cheese trays.
5. What Supreme Court case involved Norma McCorvey as plaintiff?
(a) Plessy v. Ferguson.
(b) Brown v. Board of Education.
(c) Roe v. Wade.
(d) Gibbons v. Ogden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a public figure that the author mentions as a wealthy man purchasing public office?
2. How many bouts does a sumo wrestler have to win in order for his ranking to rise?
3. Researchers determining whether teachers are encouraging cheating on standardized tests observe classes over how many years?
4. Which economist and philosopher does Levitt cite at the end of his introduction?
5. According to Levitt, because something is correlated to something else does not imply what type of relationship between them?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)