|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Paul Feldman's records, when are people least honest?
(a) Early in the morning.
(b) During the winter.
(c) During holiday seasons.
(d) During tax season.
2. According to Levitt, what do humans primarily respond to?
3. Which of the following is an action that Gyges undertakes in the story that ends Chapter 1?
(a) He murders the king.
(b) He starts a war.
(c) He sleeps for twenty years.
(d) He feeds an entire village.
4. What comedic Hollywood icon does Levitt quote regarding honesty in this chapter?
(a) Buster Keaton.
(b) Stan Laurel.
(c) W.C. Fields.
(d) Soupy Sales.
5. In what year did the Chicago Public School system begin widespread standardized testing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the authors argue is the primary incentive for not soliciting a prostitute?
2. According to Levitt, what do experts use their knowledge for?
3. In New York City, what did analysts credit with the precipitous drop in violent crime?
4. What do obstetricians in lower birth-rate areas do more often?
5. Paul Feldman makes his living delivering what to offices?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)