|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Levitt believe there are few violent criminals in the end of the twentieth century?
(a) They were never born.
(b) They were incarcerated at a younger age.
(c) They had less access to weapons.
(d) They have been better educated.
2. In what year did the Chicago Public School system begin widespread standardized testing?
3. Which film boxer do the authors cite in their discussion of honesty in sports?
(a) Terry Malloy.
(b) Apollo Creed.
(c) Rocky Balboa.
(d) Jake LaMotta.
4. Which of the following is not one of the three types of incentives?
5. On average, how many more days does a real estate agent generally keep her own house on the market as opposed to someone else's?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what city is Norma McCorvey?
2. Which of the following is not a public figure that the author mentions as a wealthy man purchasing public office?
3. Within a single office, who cheats Paul Feldman most?
4. Which of the following is an action that Gyges undertakes in the story that ends Chapter 1?
5. According to Levitt, what do experts use their knowledge for?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)