|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Arne Duncan's first course of action after the CPS researchers release their report on cheating?
(a) He readministers tests.
(b) He freezesall standardized testing in Chicago.
(c) He buries the report.
(d) He fires 12 teachers.
2. In New York City, what did analysts credit with the precipitous drop in violent crime?
(a) Number cooking.
(b) Community development.
(c) After-school programs.
(d) Innovative policing.
3. In 1987, why did many people stop claiming fake children on their tax returns?
(a) The government stepped up prosecution of tax violators.
(b) They were required to provide a social security number for each.
(c) They began receiving a much smaller exemption.
(d) The government bagan a much more thorough census.
4. What does Levitt ask of his reader at the end of the introduction?
5. What do obstetricians in lower birth-rate areas do more often?
(a) House calls.
(c) Caesarean sections.
(d) Spinal blocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bouts does a sumo wrestler have to win in order for his ranking to rise?
2. According to Levitt, because something is correlated to something else does not imply what type of relationship between them?
3. Which of the following is not a public figure that the author mentions as a wealthy man purchasing public office?
4. Which of the following is an action that Gyges undertakes in the story that ends Chapter 1?
5. In what year did the Chicago Public School system begin widespread standardized testing?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)