|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comedic Hollywood icon does Levitt quote regarding honesty in this chapter?
(a) W.C. Fields.
(b) Buster Keaton.
(c) Stan Laurel.
(d) Soupy Sales.
2. In his introduction, what does Levitt say he wants to replace with honest assessment?
(a) Conventional wisdom.
(b) Social bias.
(d) Moral posturing.
3. What percentage commission does a real estate broker generally take from a home sale?
4. What is the central action of economics?
5. Which of the following is not a public figure that the author mentions as a wealthy man purchasing public office?
(a) Jon Corzine.
(b) Ross Perot.
(c) Arnold Schwarzenegger.
(d) Mike Bloomberg.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bouts does a sumo wrestler have to win in order for his ranking to rise?
2. What did the authors of FREAKONOMICS consider doing for six minutes?
3. Which two cities does Levitt compare in his discussion of police population versus murder rate?
4. According to Levitt, because something is correlated to something else does not imply what type of relationship between them?
5. Within a single office, who cheats Paul Feldman most?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)