|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comedic Hollywood icon does Levitt quote regarding honesty in this chapter?
(a) Buster Keaton.
(b) W.C. Fields.
(c) Soupy Sales.
(d) Stan Laurel.
2. What portion of the full commission does the seller's real estate agent generally get to keep?
(a) One fourth.
(b) One half.
(c) One third.
(d) All of it.
3. Which film boxer do the authors cite in their discussion of honesty in sports?
(a) Jake LaMotta.
(b) Apollo Creed.
(c) Terry Malloy.
(d) Rocky Balboa.
4. According to Levitt, because something is correlated to something else does not imply what type of relationship between them?
5. What action led to a reduction in blood donors in the 1970s?
(a) Monetary compensation.
(b) An STD test.
(c) A new type of needle.
(d) Donors' names listed in the local paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the central action of economics?
2. In the media, what term is given to the new, more dangerous violent criminal in the 1990s?
3. In New York City, what did analysts credit with the precipitous drop in violent crime?
4. In what country is the daycare service examined at the beginning of this chapter?
5. How many bouts does a sumo wrestler have to win in order for his ranking to rise?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)