|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a group persecuted by the Klan in the twentieth century?
(b) Union organizers.
2. What class range does the Early Childhood Longitudinal Study cover?
(a) Kindergarten through fifth grade.
(b) First through eighth grade.
(c) Pre-K through third grade.
(d) Third grade through freshman year of high school.
3. What condition did Listerine claim to treat in 1920, increasing its sales dramatically?
(d) Jaw cancer.
4. In what year did the drop in New York violent crime begin in the 1990s?
5. How long does the Black Gangster Disciple Nation hold Venkatesh in the stairwell the first time he happens upon them?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 15 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which pop singer do the authors mention as an example of a celebrity whose name has not caught on?
2. According to Peter Sandman, what is the defining attribute of irrational fears that we have?
3. How many names from the top ten most popular black boy's names from 1990 do not appear on the 2000 list?
4. How do teachers most often cheat on standardized tests?
5. Which is a Hebrew name that the authors suggest may catch on en masse in the years to come?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)