|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the first Internet web site to allow consumers to compare life insurance rates?
2. As of 2004, roughly how many fetuses have been aborted in America?
(a) 72 million.
(b) 46 million.
(c) 12 million.
(d) 37 million.
3. Which of the following factors is revealed not to have a correlative effect on a child's school performance?
(a) The child's family is intact.
(b) The child's parents are involved in the PTA.
(c) The child has highly educated parents.
(d) The child had a low birthweight.
4. Which racist American figure is the focus of the final passage of this chapter?
(a) Jesse Helms.
(b) David Duke.
(c) George Wallace.
(d) G. Gordon Liddy.
5. In 1920, how many black children out of 100 died in infancy?
(a) 13 of 100.
(b) 24 of 100.
(c) 2 of 100.
(d) 45 of 100.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event in California has allowed two Enron traders to jack up energy prices int he dialogue of this chapter?
2. What do obstetricians in lower birth-rate areas do more often?
3. By how much did the homicide rate among young black males increase over the first five years of the crack boom?
4. What contradictory names does Robert Lane give his two sons in the beginning of this chapter?
5. In 1964, what was a hauntingly simple cause of infant death in the American black community?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)