|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Levitt, what do experts use their knowledge for?
(a) The furthering of the status quo.
(b) A personal agenda.
(c) The greater good.
(d) The benefit of the uninitiated.
2. What percentage of the Black Gangster Disciple Nation takes home half the pay?
3. According to the authors, what is the easiest way to ensure your will not get a good response to your dating profile?
(a) Lying about your weight.
(b) Indicating that you do not want a long-term relationship.
(c) Listing that you are unemployed.
(d) Not posting a photo.
4. What term did James Alan Fox use to describe the spike in crime he predicted in the mid 1990s?
5. What is the average annual salary of a bottom-tier sumo wrestler?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which former Supreme Court Justice do the authors quote at the end of the section on capital punishment?
2. In what year did the Chicago Public School system begin widespread standardized testing?
3. Which of the following is an action that Gyges undertakes in the story that ends Chapter 1?
4. By what percentage did violent crime drop between 1995 and 2000?
5. In what year did the drop in New York violent crime begin in the 1990s?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)