|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Oscar Danilo Blandon claim that he sold such extensive quantities of crack cocaine in the late 1970s?
(a) To fund the Nicaraguan Contras.
(b) To pay off his gambling debts.
(c) To undermine community leadersin Los Angeles.
(d) To provide a safer cocaine product than free-base.
2. What condition did Listerine claim to treat in 1920, increasing its sales dramatically?
(c) Jaw cancer.
3. What percentage of his revenue does JT pay to the Board of Directors?
4. In the authors' hypothetical comparison of two boys' lives, where does the poor black boy grow up?
(d) Daytona Beach.
5. Which two philosophers does Levitt cite who subscribe to the belief that people are inherently good?
(a) John Locke and Hegel.
(b) Socrates and Adam Smith.
(c) Plato and Descartes.
(d) Heidegger and John Stuart Mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following factors is revealed not to have a correlative effect on a child's school performance?
2. In this chapter, Levitt mentions that the average American prostitute makes more than the average American what?
3. What does the ECLS show about the black-white achievement gap for students just entering school?
4. In what country is the daycare service examined at the beginning of this chapter?
5. What now-infamous governor tried to introduce a plan to mail everyone in the state a book every month from birth to kindergarten?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)