|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max compare Gwen to on Christmas Eve?
2. Once in the burned out basement, what does Max's father tie him to?
3. What does Gram ask Max if he has when they are talking about Kevin's trips to the doctor, after Max tells her that they are a team?
4. Why does Max's reading skills tutor think Max has never done well in school?
5. What does Grim say are told to "entertain"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Grim justify the telling of "tales"?
2. How does Max get his father to stop choking Loretta?
3. How is Kevin dressed for the Christmas Eve dinner at Max's house?
4. Why does Max believe that Mrs. Donalli is finally getting used to him and Kevin?
5. What does Max's father claim is a "crime against humanity"?
6. According to Max's father, what does Hell look like?
7. How does Mr. Meehan explain Max's inability to do well in school?
8. What happens to Kevin, at the end of Chapter 22, to send him to the hospital?
9. How does Kevin define remembering?
10. Why does Kevin think that his tracheotomy is cool?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Freak the Mighty is a combination of both Max and Kevin. How does this combination make a whole person? (In what ways is Kevin disabled? Max? How does the combination of both make a "whole"?)
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Max and Kevin. In what ways are they similar? In what ways are they different? In what ways do their differences complement each other?
Essay Topic 3
Max learns from those around him continuously throughout the book. Choose three of the subordinate characters and discuss what you believe Max learned from them. Why was this lesson important?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)