|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the electronic gear Kevin is hooked up to in the hospital?
2. Once in the burned out basement, what does Max's father tie him to?
3. How does "everybody" feel regarding the pictures in the paper detailing the kidnapping?
4. What does Max compare Gwen to on Christmas Eve?
5. Where does Max want to go when Kevin is at the doctor, after the kidnapping?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do both Kevin and Max get each other for Christmas?
2. What does Max do when Mrs.Donalli asks him a question in class?
3. What does Max's father do to ensure that Max does not escape from the abandoned basement?
4. Why does Max believe that Mrs. Donalli is finally getting used to him and Kevin?
5. Describe the apartment that Max and his father hide out in.
6. What happens that makes Max go crazy at the hospital?
7. Why does Kevin think that his tracheotomy is cool?
8. How does Kevin define remembering?
9. What does Grim say that his father gave him for Christmas?
10. What happens to Kevin, at the end of Chapter 22, to send him to the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Max is constantly speaking negatively about himself. In what ways are the things he says true? In what ways are the things that he says false? What does this say about Max's self-esteem?
Essay Topic 2
What is your favorite quote from the book? Why is this your favorite quote? Who says it? How do you relate to the quote? Explain in detail.
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Max feared his father so much? Name, and discuss, two reasons why Max was afraid of his father. What is the fear? What is the fear based upon? Was the fear realistic? Why? Why not?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)