|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gram ask Max if he has when they are talking about Kevin's trips to the doctor, after Max tells her that they are a team?
2. What does Max admit to his father that makes him let go of Loretta?
3. When does Kevin tell Max that he will be coming home from the ICU?
4. What is the name of the electronic gear Kevin is hooked up to in the hospital?
5. What does Kevin get Max for Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Kevin dressed for the Christmas Eve dinner at Max's house?
2. Why does Max believe that Mrs. Donalli is finally getting used to him and Kevin?
3. How does Mr. Meehan explain Max's inability to do well in school?
4. What do both Kevin and Max get each other for Christmas?
5. What happens that makes Max go crazy at the hospital?
6. What does Grim say that his father gave him for Christmas?
7. What does Max's father claim is a "crime against humanity"?
8. What does Max's father say is the first thing that Max must do when talking to him in the old lady's apartment?
9. In what way is Kevin's thirteenth birthday two birthdays in one?
10. What does Max do, on the hospital lawn, given that he is not able to go in and visit Kevin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What character from the book do you identify with the most? Name the character and list the characteristics that you believe align with the type of person that you are.
Essay Topic 2
Max is constantly speaking negatively about himself. In what ways are the things he says true? In what ways are the things that he says false? What does this say about Max's self-esteem?
Essay Topic 3
Kevin is fascinated by dragons, knights, and quests. How do you think his fascination with these things lengthened his life? (Think about the conversation between his doctor and Max at the end of the book.)
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)