|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Max's father waiting on from Iggy to make his and Max's getaway?
2. What does Max's father compare the old boarded up building to once he and Max get into it?
3. What does Max compare Gwen to on Christmas Eve?
4. Why is Johnny Tremain mad and hateful, according to Max?
5. What tune does Kevin play on his tracheotomy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Max's father believe that Grim and Gram thought he was not good enough for their daughter?
2. What does Max's father claim is a "crime against humanity"?
3. Why does Max believe that Mrs. Donalli is finally getting used to him and Kevin?
4. Describe the apartment that Max and his father hide out in.
5. How does Mr. Meehan explain Max's inability to do well in school?
6. What does Max's father do to ensure that Max does not escape from the abandoned basement?
7. How does Grim justify the telling of "tales"?
8. Why does Kevin think that his tracheotomy is cool?
9. In what way is Kevin's thirteenth birthday two birthdays in one?
10. What does Max do when Mrs.Donalli asks him a question in class?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The book is full of both internal and external conflicts. Chose an internal and external conflict for both Max and Kevin. Describe in detail the conflict and why it exists as a conflict for the character.
Essay Topic 2
True friendship is a key theme to the book. Find three examples where true friendship are exampled and explain why the example speaks to true friendship.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the book, Max comes to find out about hope. Because of the "little fib" Kevin was told, he was able to live a life that was not burdened by the thought of death. What did Max learn about hope by the end of the book?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)