|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max take with him to the hospital to visit Kevin?
2. Why doesn't Max have to testify in court against his father?
3. According to Max's father, what did he do to get to sleep every night in jail?
4. Once in the "old bat's" apartment, how does Max's father tell him to start acting?
5. What does Max's father use to tie over his mouth so that he cannot yell for help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Max is constantly speaking negatively about himself. In what ways are the things he says true? In what ways are the things that he says false? What does this say about Max's self-esteem?
Essay Topic 2
It is not until Max meets, and befriends, Kevin that he comes to excel in school. Why did it take his friendship with Kevin to pull Max out of his educational "box"? What does Kevin do that helps Max intellectually?
Essay Topic 3
The book is full of both internal and external conflicts. Chose an internal and external conflict for both Max and Kevin. Describe in detail the conflict and why it exists as a conflict for the character.
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)