|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max's father tell him that he cannot watch without crying?
2. What is sitting empty on top of the "old bat's" television- in the apartment that Max's father takes him to hide out?
3. What does Max's father accuse Grim and Gram of?
4. What does Grim say are told to "entertain"?
5. What adjective does Max use to describe Kevin's voice when he is in the ICU?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kevin explain the act of remembering?
2. How does Grim justify the telling of "tales"?
3. How does Kevin define remembering?
4. Why does Max's father believe that Grim and Gram thought he was not good enough for their daughter?
5. What does Max do when Mrs.Donalli asks him a question in class?
6. What does Max's father say is the first thing that Max must do when talking to him in the old lady's apartment?
7. Why does Loretta come to the abandoned basement to rescue Max?
8. What does Grim say that his father gave him for Christmas?
9. What happens that makes Max go crazy at the hospital?
10. Why does Max believe that Mrs. Donalli is finally getting used to him and Kevin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The book is full of both internal and external conflicts. Chose an internal and external conflict for both Max and Kevin. Describe in detail the conflict and why it exists as a conflict for the character.
Essay Topic 2
Max learns from those around him continuously throughout the book. Choose three of the subordinate characters and discuss what you believe Max learned from them. Why was this lesson important?
Essay Topic 3
Freak the Mighty (Max and Kevin) show courage throughout the book. Choose three circumstances where Freak the Mighty shows courage and explain why their actions were courageous.
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)