|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grim say are told to "entertain"?
2. Why does Max's reading skills tutor think Max has never done well in school?
3. On Friday the Thirteenth, where does Max have to go from homeroom?
4. What does Grim tell Max led him to realize that Max's father had him?
5. What does Max do whenever Mrs. Donelli asks him a question in class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to force Max to believe that "spooky stuff" happens on all Friday the Thirteenths?
2. How is Kevin dressed for the Christmas Eve dinner at Max's house?
3. Why does Loretta come to the abandoned basement to rescue Max?
4. How does Mr. Meehan explain Max's inability to do well in school?
5. How does Kevin define remembering?
6. What does Max do, on the hospital lawn, given that he is not able to go in and visit Kevin?
7. How does Kevin explain the act of remembering?
8. Why does Kevin think that his tracheotomy is cool?
9. What does Grim say that his father gave him for Christmas?
10. How does Max get his father to stop choking Loretta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the book, Max comes to find out about hope. Because of the "little fib" Kevin was told, he was able to live a life that was not burdened by the thought of death. What did Max learn about hope by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Max and Kevin are both bullied throughout the novel. They are both bullied by Tony D, Loretta and Iggy, and Ken Kane. Describe the ways in which both are bullied and how they deal with the bullying.
Essay Topic 3
Kevin gave Max an empty book right before he passed away. What was Kevin's plan for Max and the book? Why do you think Kevin gave the book to Max? How important do you think the book will be to Max in the future?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)