|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After coming home from his kidnapping, what won't Gram let Max do?
2. What does Loretta claim that Max's father is a "genius for"?
3. What does Max admit to his father that makes him let go of Loretta?
4. What does Loretta use to cut the ropes Max is tied up with?
5. During his last conversation with Loretta, in Chapter 25, what does Loretta tell Max is a drag?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Max's father say is the first thing that Max must do when talking to him in the old lady's apartment?
2. What does Grim say that his father gave him for Christmas?
3. What does Max do when Mrs.Donalli asks him a question in class?
4. How does Kevin explain the act of remembering?
5. What happens to force Max to believe that "spooky stuff" happens on all Friday the Thirteenths?
6. What happens that makes Max go crazy at the hospital?
7. What does Max do, on the hospital lawn, given that he is not able to go in and visit Kevin?
8. Why does Max believe that Mrs. Donalli is finally getting used to him and Kevin?
9. What happens to Kevin, at the end of Chapter 22, to send him to the hospital?
10. How does Kevin define remembering?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is your favorite quote from the book? Why is this your favorite quote? Who says it? How do you relate to the quote? Explain in detail.
Essay Topic 2
Kevin's body is his nemesis. In what ways does Kevin's heart and mind make up for the limitations of his body? How does Kevin rise above his physical limitations?
Essay Topic 3
Max and Kevin are both bullied throughout the novel. They are both bullied by Tony D, Loretta and Iggy, and Ken Kane. Describe the ways in which both are bullied and how they deal with the bullying.
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)