|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once in the "old bat's" apartment, how does Max's father tell him to start acting?
2. Why does Max's reading skills tutor think Max has never done well in school?
3. Where does Max want to go when Kevin is at the doctor, after the kidnapping?
4. What does Max compare a pencil in his hand to?
5. What did students from Max and Kevin's school draw on the pictures from the paper?
Essay Topic 1
Even though Kevin was different from Max, he was enamored by Kevin from the first time that he saw him. Why was Max enamored by Kevin? What things did Max find fascinating about Kevin? Be specific and then explain your findings.
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the book, Max comes to find out about hope. Because of the "little fib" Kevin was told, he was able to live a life that was not burdened by the thought of death. What did Max learn about hope by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Freak the Mighty is a combination of both Max and Kevin. How does this combination make a whole person? (In what ways is Kevin disabled? Max? How does the combination of both make a "whole"?)
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)