|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max's father accuse Grim and Gram of?
2. How does "everybody" feel regarding the pictures in the paper detailing the kidnapping?
3. Where does Max want to go when Kevin is at the doctor, after the kidnapping?
4. Once in the burned out basement, what does Max's father tie him to?
5. What color shirt does Gwen wear to Christmas dinner at Max's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kevin think that his tracheotomy is cool?
2. How does Kevin define remembering?
3. Why does Max's father believe that Grim and Gram thought he was not good enough for their daughter?
4. What does Max's father say is the first thing that Max must do when talking to him in the old lady's apartment?
5. What happens to Kevin, at the end of Chapter 22, to send him to the hospital?
6. How does Mr. Meehan explain Max's inability to do well in school?
7. What causes Max to pull out the empty book one year after Kevin's death?
8. What do both Kevin and Max get each other for Christmas?
9. Why does Loretta come to the abandoned basement to rescue Max?
10. What happens that makes Max go crazy at the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What character from the book do you identify with the most? Name the character and list the characteristics that you believe align with the type of person that you are.
Essay Topic 2
Freak the Mighty is a combination of both Max and Kevin. How does this combination make a whole person? (In what ways is Kevin disabled? Max? How does the combination of both make a "whole"?)
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Max and Kevin. In what ways are they similar? In what ways are they different? In what ways do their differences complement each other?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)