|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the taste of blood in Max's mouth feel?
2. What does Kevin get Max for Christmas?
3. According to Kevin, and his doctor, who does Kevin say is familiar with his case?
4. What does Gram ask Max if he has when they are talking about Kevin's trips to the doctor, after Max tells her that they are a team?
5. What does Kevin declare "is a toxic waste of time"?
Essay Topic 1
True friendship is a key theme to the book. Find three examples where true friendship are exampled and explain why the example speaks to true friendship.
Essay Topic 2
Family comes to mean more to Max by the end of the book given all that he has been through. Discuss what Max comes to learn about the importance of family. In what ways does Max find out family is important? What did Max think about family before the book ended? What events changed Max's mind about the importance of family?
Essay Topic 3
The book is full of both internal and external conflicts. Chose an internal and external conflict for both Max and Kevin. Describe in detail the conflict and why it exists as a conflict for the character.
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)