|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the taste of blood in Max's mouth feel?
2. What does Max's father compare cops to in the beginning of Chapter 19?
3. What does Max's father do to ensure that Max does not run away from the "old bat's" apartment?
4. What does Max compare Gwen to on Christmas Eve?
5. What does Max's father claim is the reason he was not good enough for Max's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Grim justify the telling of "tales"?
2. What do both Kevin and Max get each other for Christmas?
3. What causes Max to pull out the empty book one year after Kevin's death?
4. What does Grim say that his father gave him for Christmas?
5. How is Kevin dressed for the Christmas Eve dinner at Max's house?
6. What does Max's father do to ensure that Max does not escape from the abandoned basement?
7. Why does Kevin think that his tracheotomy is cool?
8. What does Max's father claim is a "crime against humanity"?
9. According to Max's father, what does Hell look like?
10. In what way is Kevin's thirteenth birthday two birthdays in one?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Freak the Mighty (Max and Kevin) show courage throughout the book. Choose three circumstances where Freak the Mighty shows courage and explain why their actions were courageous.
Essay Topic 2
Freak the Mighty is a combination of both Max and Kevin. How does this combination make a whole person? (In what ways is Kevin disabled? Max? How does the combination of both make a "whole"?)
Essay Topic 3
Kevin gave Max an empty book right before he passed away. What was Kevin's plan for Max and the book? Why do you think Kevin gave the book to Max? How important do you think the book will be to Max in the future?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)