Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the taste of blood in Max's mouth feel?
2. What does Kevin get Max for Christmas?
3. According to Kevin, and his doctor, who does Kevin say is familiar with his case?
4. What does Gram ask Max if he has when they are talking about Kevin's trips to the doctor, after Max tells her that they are a team?
5. What does Kevin declare "is a toxic waste of time"?
Essay Topic 1
It is not until Max meets, and befriends, Kevin that he comes to excel in school. Why did it take his friendship with Kevin to pull Max out of his educational "box"? What does Kevin do that helps Max intellectually?
Essay Topic 2
Max seems to be a very good judge of character. Choose one of the subordinate characters (Loretta, Iggy, Ken Kane) and describe how Max's initial feelings about the character came to be true. Alternatively, Max ended up being wrong about two of the characters, why were his initial feelings about the character false?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the book, Max comes to find out about hope. Because of the "little fib" Kevin was told, he was able to live a life that was not burdened by the thought of death. What did Max learn about hope by the end of the book?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)