Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the taste of blood in Max's mouth feel?
2. What does Kevin get Max for Christmas?
3. According to Kevin, and his doctor, who does Kevin say is familiar with his case?
4. What does Gram ask Max if he has when they are talking about Kevin's trips to the doctor, after Max tells her that they are a team?
5. What does Kevin declare "is a toxic waste of time"?
Essay Topic 1
Max finds himself trying to outrun his past and his present. Why are people afraid of Max? (Hint: there are two main reasons; one from his past and one from his present.) Discuss a reason from both the past and the present and explain fully why it makes people afraid of Max.
Essay Topic 2
True friendship is a key theme to the book. Find three examples where true friendship are exampled and explain why the example speaks to true friendship.
Essay Topic 3
It is not until Max meets, and befriends, Kevin that he comes to excel in school. Why did it take his friendship with Kevin to pull Max out of his educational "box"? What does Kevin do that helps Max intellectually?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)