|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max say he becomes when he goes inside his head?
2. What does Gram always say, which Max believes means something to her?
3. What is in the box Kevin is digging through when Max comes over for dinner the first time?
4. Where does Kevin tell Iggy that they found Loretta's purse?
5. What does Max recall Grim holding in his hand in an old Army picture?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the details surrounding Max's second meeting with Freak.
2. How does Kevin get Max to cross the "dangerous bridge"?
3. Who has supposedly used Kevin's Boy Scout compass?
4. What two things happen after Max "saves" Kevin from Tony D. and his gang? (These things have never happened to Max before.)
5. Why does Max think Grim never says his father's name?
6. Where does the name "Freak the Mighty" come from?
7. Why does Max like to "go into his head" and become a cloud?
8. What has been done to prepare Kevin for the bionics transplant?
9. What are the two reasons Max is afraid of Tony D. as he is running into the millpond?
10. Why did Max never attempt to kick Freak in day care?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
True friendship is a key theme to the book. Find three examples where true friendship are exampled and explain why the example speaks to true friendship.
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Max feared his father so much? Name, and discuss, two reasons why Max was afraid of his father. What is the fear? What is the fear based upon? Was the fear realistic? Why? Why not?
Essay Topic 3
What character from the book do you identify with the most? Name the character and list the characteristics that you believe align with the type of person that you are.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)