|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Max, who lives in the New Tenements?
2. What does Freak say is a "great invention of the mind"?
3. What word does Gwen use to describe how she feels about Max and Kevin being friends, according to the relayed message for Max?
4. What color is Loretta's hair?
5. What do many people call the New Tenements?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Max describe Kevin's breathing when he climbs down the steps into Max's room?
2. Why does Kevin say that knights and robots are similar?
3. How does Kevin get Max to cross the "dangerous bridge"?
4. According to Max, who lives in the Tenements?
5. Describe Loretta, the first time that Max and Kevin see her.
6. What has been done to prepare Kevin for the bionics transplant?
7. Why does Max think Grim never says his father's name?
8. How does Kevin seem to feel as Max pulls him over to his room for the first time?
9. When Max is watching Kevin jump at the tree in Chapter 3, what does he observe Kevin doing?
10. Why does Iggy tell Loretta that the boys have to leave their apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Freak the Mighty (Max and Kevin) show courage throughout the book. Choose three circumstances where Freak the Mighty shows courage and explain why their actions were courageous.
Essay Topic 2
Even though Kevin was different from Max, he was enamored by Kevin from the first time that he saw him. Why was Max enamored by Kevin? What things did Max find fascinating about Kevin? Be specific and then explain your findings.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the book, Max comes to find out about hope. Because of the "little fib" Kevin was told, he was able to live a life that was not burdened by the thought of death. What did Max learn about hope by the end of the book?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)