|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kevin call Max's foot when they are imagining that they are walking on a dangerous path?
2. What does Loretta say is "in town" when she first sees Max and Kevin?
3. What color is Loretta's hair?
4. What is Loretta wearing when she opens the door and finds Max and Kevin standing there?
5. After first seeing Freak, in what grade did Max run into him again?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Max never attempt to kick Freak in day care?
2. How does Max describe Kevin's breathing when he climbs down the steps into Max's room?
3. What does Kevin do to save him and Max from Tony D. on the Fourth of July?
4. Why does Gwen call Gram after she left with Kevin in a hurry?
5. Why was Max called "Kicker" in daycare?
6. What does Kevin insist Max must do to insure that he will keep his promise about the medical research building?
7. At the end of Chapter 9, Kevin tells Max about pain. What are Kevin's thoughts on pain?
8. Where does the name "Freak the Mighty" come from?
9. Describe Max's room.
10. How do both Loretta and Iggy describe Kevin and Max when they first see them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Max and Kevin. In what ways are they similar? In what ways are they different? In what ways do their differences complement each other?
Essay Topic 2
Kevin gave Max an empty book right before he passed away. What was Kevin's plan for Max and the book? Why do you think Kevin gave the book to Max? How important do you think the book will be to Max in the future?
Essay Topic 3
What character from the book do you identify with the most? Name the character and list the characteristics that you believe align with the type of person that you are.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)