|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Max do whenever Mrs. Donelli asks him a question in class?
(c) All of those listed.
2. What smell does Max first recognize when he enters "the other place" with his father?
(a) Wet dog.
(d) Rotten meat.
3. What does Max say is fluttering around in his chest when he is talking to Mrs. Addison?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A bird.
(c) A moth.
(d) An espry.
4. Where does Mrs. Donelli wait for Max to go before asking him questions that she would no longer ask him in class?
(a) The lunchroom.
(b) The hallways.
(c) Study hall.
(d) On the steps leaving school.
5. Once in the "old bat's" apartment, how does Max's father tell him to start acting?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Max want to go when Kevin is at the doctor, after the kidnapping?
2. According to Max, what food does Kevin love?
3. Once in the burned out basement, what does Max's father tie him to?
4. Who does Max run into on the front lawn of the hospital?
5. What shape of box is Max's present from Kevin wrapped in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to force Max to believe that "spooky stuff" happens on all Friday the Thirteenths?
2. In what way is Kevin's thirteenth birthday two birthdays in one?
3. How does Grim justify the telling of "tales"?
4. How is Kevin dressed for the Christmas Eve dinner at Max's house?
5. What does Max do when Mrs.Donalli asks him a question in class?
6. What causes Max to pull out the empty book one year after Kevin's death?
7. How does Mr. Meehan explain Max's inability to do well in school?
8. What happens to Kevin, at the end of Chapter 22, to send him to the hospital?
9. What do both Kevin and Max get each other for Christmas?
10. What does Max's father do to ensure that Max does not escape from the abandoned basement?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)