|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who always says "You can't always judge a book by the cover"?
2. What does Max's father accuse Grim and Gram of?
(a) Keeping him in jail.
(b) Setting him up.
(c) Faking Max's mother's death.
(d) Not giving him the presents he sent.
3. What does Max's father claim is the reason he was not good enough for Max's mother?
(a) His bank account.
(b) His looks.
(c) His record.
(d) His job.
4. How many presents does Gram allow everyone to open on Christmas Eve?
5. Who does Max become when he finds out about Kevin's death?
(c) Killer Kane's son.
(d) Max the Mighty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Loretta call Max right before his father begins choking her?
2. What, according to Grim, would his father write on a piece of paper and put into his stocking when he was a kid?
3. What does Max claim is one of Gram's specialties; it just makes everything better?
4. What does Grim say Max inherited from his father?
5. What does Loretta claim that Max's father is a "genius for"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Grim say that his father gave him for Christmas?
2. In what way is Kevin's thirteenth birthday two birthdays in one?
3. What happens to force Max to believe that "spooky stuff" happens on all Friday the Thirteenths?
4. How does Kevin explain the act of remembering?
5. How does Grim justify the telling of "tales"?
6. According to Max's father, what does Hell look like?
7. What does Max's father say is the first thing that Max must do when talking to him in the old lady's apartment?
8. What does Max do, on the hospital lawn, given that he is not able to go in and visit Kevin?
9. Describe the apartment that Max and his father hide out in.
10. What does Max's father claim is a "crime against humanity"?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)