|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Max put the book Kevin gives to him in the hospital?
(a) On the fireplace mantle.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) Next to the picture from the paper.
(d) In the box Kevin gave him for Christmas.
2. When Max finally falls asleep in the "old bat's" apartment, what does he dream of?
3. What does Max's father claim Loretta is putting on Max when she is trying to help him escape?
(a) Her dirty hands.
(b) Her sickness.
(c) Her filth.
(d) Her germs.
4. What does Max say Mrs. Donelli is "admitting" about Kevin, by October?
(a) That he is smarter than her.
(b) That he is not as smart as he thinks.
(c) That he is too smart for his own good.
(d) That he is more trouble than he is worth.
5. Who does Kevin say that he wants to live with when he tells Gwen to put him up for adoption?
(a) The Waltons.
(c) His doctor.
(d) His English teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gram ask Max if he has when they are talking about Kevin's trips to the doctor, after Max tells her that they are a team?
2. What does Max's father claim is "another crime against humanity"?
3. Once in the "old bat's" apartment, how does Max's father tell him to start acting?
4. According to Max's father, what did he do to get to sleep every night in jail?
5. What does Max's father compare the old boarded up building to once he and Max get into it?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Kevin's thirteenth birthday two birthdays in one?
2. What does Max's father do to ensure that Max does not escape from the abandoned basement?
3. Why does Max believe that Mrs. Donalli is finally getting used to him and Kevin?
4. What does Max do when Mrs.Donalli asks him a question in class?
5. How does Grim justify the telling of "tales"?
6. According to Max's father, what does Hell look like?
7. What do both Kevin and Max get each other for Christmas?
8. Why does Loretta come to the abandoned basement to rescue Max?
9. How does Kevin define remembering?
10. How does Max get his father to stop choking Loretta?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)