|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname do the papers give Loretta after Killer Kane is caught?
(a) Heroic Biker Babe.
(b) Ravishing Rescuer.
(c) Max's Angel.
(d) Antonio Avenger.
2. What shape of box is Max's present from Kevin wrapped in?
3. What does Max's father compare the old boarded up building to once he and Max get into it?
(b) His first apartment with Max's mother.
4. Who always says "You can't always judge a book by the cover"?
5. What does Max say Mrs. Donelli is "admitting" about Kevin, by October?
(a) That he is too smart for his own good.
(b) That he is more trouble than he is worth.
(c) That he is smarter than her.
(d) That he is not as smart as he thinks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does "everybody" feel regarding the pictures in the paper detailing the kidnapping?
2. What does Max compare Gwen to on Christmas Eve?
3. What does Max assume has happened, given that the nurse is crying after he goes "nuts"?
4. What, according to Grim, would his father write on a piece of paper and put into his stocking when he was a kid?
5. What smell does Max first recognize when he enters "the other place" with his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Max's father say is the first thing that Max must do when talking to him in the old lady's apartment?
2. What causes Max to pull out the empty book one year after Kevin's death?
3. Why does Kevin think that his tracheotomy is cool?
4. What does Max's father do to ensure that Max does not escape from the abandoned basement?
5. What happens that makes Max go crazy at the hospital?
6. Why does Max's father believe that Grim and Gram thought he was not good enough for their daughter?
7. What does Max do, on the hospital lawn, given that he is not able to go in and visit Kevin?
8. In what way is Kevin's thirteenth birthday two birthdays in one?
9. Why does Max believe that Mrs. Donalli is finally getting used to him and Kevin?
10. How does Grim justify the telling of "tales"?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)