|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kevin do to Max as they cross streets on their "quests"?
(a) Makes him jump from "wobbly rock to wobbly rock".
(b) Blindfolds him with a scarf.
(c) Makes him walk backwards.
(d) Puts his hands over his eyes.
2. After telling Max that the initial promise is not good enough, what does Kevin tell Max he must swear by?
3. When did Freak move down the street from Max?
(a) The summer before 7th grade.
(b) The summer before 6th grade.
(c) The summer before 9th grade.
(d) The summer before 8th grade.
4. What does Kevin call Max's foot when they are imagining that they are walking on a dangerous path?
(d) Battle axe.
5. Who does Max call "Fair Gwen of Air"?
(a) Freak's sister.
(b) Freak's mother.
(c) Max's sister.
(d) Max's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Max say he borrowed a brain from?
2. What does demeanor mean?
3. What does Tony yell after chasing Max and Kevin into the millpond?
4. What does Kevin tell Max will be his reward once they reach the Fortress?
5. Where does Kevin tell Iggy that they found Loretta's purse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kevin maneuver Max through the Fourth of July celebration crowd in order to get away from Tony D.?
2. What two things happen after Max "saves" Kevin from Tony D. and his gang? (These things have never happened to Max before.)
3. Why does Max think Kevin is so small?
4. When Max is watching Kevin jump at the tree in Chapter 3, what does he observe Kevin doing?
5. At the end of Chapter 9, Kevin tells Max about pain. What are Kevin's thoughts on pain?
6. What is going to be Max's reward for being Kevin's "faithful steed" on their journey to the medical research building?
7. How do both Max and Kevin benefit by Kevin riding on Max's shoulders (as stated when they are on the way to the Tenements)?
8. Why does Tony D. approach Max and Kevin during the Fourth of July celebration?
9. According to Max, who lives in the Tenements?
10. Why is it a big deal that Max looks like his father?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)