|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Freak move down the street from Max?
(a) The summer before 6th grade.
(b) The summer before 8th grade.
(c) The summer before 7th grade.
(d) The summer before 9th grade.
2. What is Tony swinging at Max and Kevin when they run into the millpond?
(a) A gun.
(b) A bat.
(c) A thick tree limb.
(d) A knife.
3. What does sobriquet mean?
(a) Medical problem.
4. What does Loretta say is "in town" when she first sees Max and Kevin?
(a) The gypsies.
(b) The freak show.
(c) The circus.
(d) The crazies.
5. In Chapter 8, what does Grim call Max that surprises him, given Grim NEVER calls him by the name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max say the smell of makes a person thirsty?
2. After Kevin tells Max about the robotic transplant, what is the first question Max asks Kevin?
3. What number person is Kevin going to be to receive a robotic transplant?
4. What does Grim call Gram (it is not her real name)?
5. After telling Max that the initial promise is not good enough, what does Kevin tell Max he must swear by?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the details surrounding Max's second meeting with Freak.
2. Why is it a big deal that Max looks like his father?
3. Why does Kevin say that knights and robots are similar?
4. How does Kevin maneuver Max through the Fourth of July celebration crowd in order to get away from Tony D.?
5. What were two prominent things that happened to Max (as he describes at the end of Chapter 1) during the summer before eighth grade?
6. How does Max describe Kevin's breathing when he climbs down the steps into Max's room?
7. Why is Max confused by Kevin calling him "earthling"?
8. What two things happen after Max "saves" Kevin from Tony D. and his gang? (These things have never happened to Max before.)
9. How does Kevin seem to feel as Max pulls him over to his room for the first time?
10. According to Max, who lives in the Tenements?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)