|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the way to the lemonade stand, how many people are with "The Blade"?
2. When telling Max of his reward for reaching the Fortress, what does Kevin call Max?
(a) Faithful steed.
(b) Soaring eagle.
(c) Determined elephant.
(d) Collapsing carriage.
3. What does Max describe as being in his stomach after he agrees to have dinner with Kevin and Gwen?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A frog.
(c) A foot.
(d) A hand.
4. What does Freak say is a "great invention of the mind"?
5. After crawling like a "kindergarten creeper", what does Kevin bring out from under his steps?
(a) A wagon.
(b) A kite.
(c) A rope.
(d) A BB gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwen make for dinner when Max comes over for the first time?
2. What does Max notice about the toys laying around at the tenements?
3. What is Tony swinging at Max and Kevin when they run into the millpond?
4. What do Tony and his gang begin to throw at Max and Kevin when they are in the millpond?
5. What does Max compare Kevin's breathing to on his first visit to Max's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the details surrounding Max's second meeting with Freak.
2. How does Kevin maneuver Max through the Fourth of July celebration crowd in order to get away from Tony D.?
3. Why did Max never attempt to kick Freak in day care?
4. What has been done to prepare Kevin for the bionics transplant?
5. Describe Max's room.
6. According to Max, who lives in the Tenements?
7. What two things happen after Max "saves" Kevin from Tony D. and his gang? (These things have never happened to Max before.)
8. Why does Kevin say that knights and robots are similar?
9. How do both Max and Kevin benefit by Kevin riding on Max's shoulders (as stated when they are on the way to the Tenements)?
10. How does Max describe Kevin's breathing when he climbs down the steps into Max's room?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)