|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What breaks on the object that Max and Kevin are playing with in Kevin's back yard in Chapter 3?
(a) The tail.
(b) The elastic.
(c) The propeller.
(d) The bridge.
2. Who does Max say he borrowed a brain from?
3. What does Max admit that he is confused about when trying to lose Tony D and his crew?
(a) Under and over.
(b) North and south.
(c) Up and down.
(d) Left and right.
4. After telling Max that the initial promise is not good enough, what does Kevin tell Max he must swear by?
5. What does Max describe as being in his stomach after he agrees to have dinner with Kevin and Gwen?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A foot.
(c) A frog.
(d) A hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. After crawling like a "kindergarten creeper", what does Kevin bring out from under his steps?
2. What does Grim call Gram (it is not her real name)?
3. What does the "punk" lose when Max runs into him trying to get away from Tony?
4. Who comes down to tell Max that Gwen has called to apologize for running out with Kevin like she did?
5. What word does Gwen use to describe how she feels about Max and Kevin being friends, according to the relayed message for Max?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do both Loretta and Iggy describe Kevin and Max when they first see them?
2. Why does Max like to "go into his head" and become a cloud?
3. Where does the name "Freak the Mighty" come from?
4. Explain the details surrounding Max's second meeting with Freak.
5. Why is Max amazed by the mechanical bird Kevin has?
6. According to Max, who lives in the Tenements?
7. What is Max and Kevin's plan to escape Tony D. at the Fourth of July celebration?
8. Why does Max think Grim never says his father's name?
9. What does Kevin insist Max must do to insure that he will keep his promise about the medical research building?
10. Describe Loretta, the first time that Max and Kevin see her.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)