|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kevin make Max swear on when telling him about the medical research building's experiments?
(c) Max's life.
(d) Kevin's life.
2. What does demeanor mean?
3. What do Tony and his gang begin to throw at Max and Kevin when they are in the millpond?
(b) Beer cans.
(d) Empty bottles.
4. Who does Max say he borrowed a brain from?
5. What is Kevin waving his crutch at when Max looks over the fence at him?
(a) A tree.
(b) A plant.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kevin describe Tony and his gang when they run from the cops after chasing Max and Kevin into the millpond?
2. What does Loretta say is "in town" when she first sees Max and Kevin?
3. What is Tony swinging at Max and Kevin when they run into the millpond?
4. How much money does Kevin offer Iggy to allow Max and him to leave in Chapter 12?
5. What does Kevin call the boy looking for M80s in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kevin maneuver Max through the Fourth of July celebration crowd in order to get away from Tony D.?
2. When Max is watching Kevin jump at the tree in Chapter 3, what does he observe Kevin doing?
3. What is Max and Kevin's plan to escape Tony D. at the Fourth of July celebration?
4. Why does Max think Grim never says his father's name?
5. According to Max, who lives in the Tenements?
6. What two things happen after Max "saves" Kevin from Tony D. and his gang? (These things have never happened to Max before.)
7. Why is it a big deal that Max looks like his father?
8. Why does Iggy tell Loretta that the boys have to leave their apartment?
9. How does Kevin seem to feel as Max pulls him over to his room for the first time?
10. What were two prominent things that happened to Max (as he describes at the end of Chapter 1) during the summer before eighth grade?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)