|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Loretta call Max right before his father begins choking her?
2. On what day does Kevin go into the hospital after he has a seizure?
(a) His birthday.
(b) Max's birthday.
(c) Gwen's birthday.
(d) Max's mother's birthday.
3. Why is Max able to visit Kevin in the ICU?
(a) He began to "crash" when Max was refused entry.
(b) A nurse snuck Max in.
(c) Gwen begged for him to be let in.
(d) What Kevin wants, he gets.
4. What does Max claim is one of Gram's specialties; it just makes everything better?
(a) Cranberry relish.
(b) Mint sauce.
(c) Homemade butter.
(d) Raspberry jam.
5. What does Max do whenever Mrs. Donelli asks him a question in class?
(d) All of those listed.
6. What is the name of Max's reading skills tutor?
7. During his last conversation with Loretta, in Chapter 25, what does Loretta tell Max is a drag?
8. What does Gram ask Max if he has when they are talking about Kevin's trips to the doctor, after Max tells her that they are a team?
(b) A brain.
(c) A journal.
(d) A crutch.
9. What does Max's father claim is the reason he was not good enough for Max's mother?
(a) His record.
(b) His looks.
(c) His job.
(d) His bank account.
10. According to Kevin, and his doctor, who does Kevin say is familiar with his case?
(a) The Governor.
(b) The President.
(c) Specialists from all over the world.
(d) Tom Cruise.
11. What does Max's father claim "those people did" to him, when he was telling Max about all the injustice he has faced?
(a) Stole his son.
(b) Stole his heart.
(c) Stole his life.
(d) Stole his dreams.
12. What does Max's father do to ensure that Max does not run away from the "old bat's" apartment?
(a) Locks him in the windowless bathroom.
(b) Handcuffs him.
(c) Ties him up.
(d) Handcuffs him to himself.
13. How does the taste of blood in Max's mouth feel?
14. On Friday the Thirteenth, where does Max have to go from homeroom?
(a) The principal's office.
(b) The psychiatrist's office.
(c) The counselor's office.
(d) The nurse's office.
15. What, according to Grim, would his father write on a piece of paper and put into his stocking when he was a kid?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Max run into on the front lawn of the hospital?
2. What does Kevin get Max for Christmas?
3. What does Max say is fluttering around in his chest when he is talking to Mrs. Addison?
4. What does Max's father compare cops to in the beginning of Chapter 19?
5. What does Max admit to his father that makes him let go of Loretta?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)