|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the pages of the book that Kevin gives to Max in the ICU?
(a) Nothing; it is blank.
(b) More definitions.
(c) Pictures of knights.
(d) Treasure maps.
2. What does Max admit to his father that makes him let go of Loretta?
(a) That he never should have gone to jail.
(b) That he loves him.
(c) That he saw him kill his mother.
(d) That he hates him.
3. What does Grim say Max inherited from his father?
(a) His size.
(b) His heart.
(c) His fears.
(d) His brain.
4. According to Max, what food does Kevin love?
(a) Chop suey.
5. What does Max's father claim is "another crime against humanity"?
(a) Sending him to jail.
(b) Hating him.
(c) Lying to Max.
(d) Tearing up his letters.
6. What does Max's father claim is the reason he was not good enough for Max's mother?
(a) His record.
(b) His job.
(c) His looks.
(d) His bank account.
7. Who does Kevin say that he wants to live with when he tells Gwen to put him up for adoption?
(b) The Waltons.
(c) His doctor.
(d) His English teacher.
8. Why is Max able to visit Kevin in the ICU?
(a) What Kevin wants, he gets.
(b) A nurse snuck Max in.
(c) He began to "crash" when Max was refused entry.
(d) Gwen begged for him to be let in.
9. Who does Max become when he finds out about Kevin's death?
(c) Killer Kane's son.
(d) Max the Mighty.
10. Where does Max put the book Kevin gives to him in the hospital?
(a) On the fireplace mantle.
(b) In the box Kevin gave him for Christmas.
(c) Next to the picture from the paper.
(d) Under his bed.
11. What did students from Max and Kevin's school draw on the pictures from the paper?
(d) Buck teeth.
12. What does Grim tell Max led him to realize that Max's father had him?
(a) Footprints in the snow.
(b) A sick feeling.
(c) A dream.
(d) A nightmare.
13. What adjective does Max use to describe Kevin's voice when he is in the ICU?
14. Who, according to Mrs. Addison in Chapter 14, is requesting Max's presence?
(c) His father.
(d) His uncle.
15. What does Max do whenever Mrs. Donelli asks him a question in class?
(a) All of those listed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max's father claim Loretta is putting on Max when she is trying to help him escape?
2. Once in the burned out basement, what does Max's father tie him to?
3. What does Loretta claim that Max's father is a "genius for"?
4. Once in the "old bat's" apartment, how does Max's father tell him to start acting?
5. According to Max's father, what did he do to get to sleep every night in jail?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)