|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is pictured in the picture on the wall, the one with the eyes that follow "you" around?
(a) Dogs playing poker.
(b) Mary mother of Jesus.
2. Who, according to Mrs. Addison in Chapter 14, is requesting Max's presence?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His father.
3. After coming home from his kidnapping, what won't Gram let Max do?
(a) Leave the house.
(b) Go over the Kevin's.
(c) Go out of the yard.
(d) Sleep in the basement.
4. What does Max's father compare cops to in the beginning of Chapter 19?
5. What does Max's father claim is the reason he was not good enough for Max's mother?
(a) His bank account.
(b) His looks.
(c) His record.
(d) His job.
6. On Friday the Thirteenth, where does Max have to go from homeroom?
(a) The counselor's office.
(b) The psychiatrist's office.
(c) The principal's office.
(d) The nurse's office.
7. According to Max, what food does Kevin love?
(b) Chop suey.
8. What does Max's father use to tie over his mouth so that he cannot yell for help?
(a) Part of a burned blanket.
(b) Part of his own shirt.
(c) A bandanna.
(d) Part of Max's shirt.
9. What does Kevin declare "is a toxic waste of time"?
(b) Singing carols.
(d) Eating dinner.
10. On what day does Kevin go into the hospital after he has a seizure?
(a) Max's mother's birthday.
(b) Gwen's birthday.
(c) His birthday.
(d) Max's birthday.
11. Why is Max able to visit Kevin in the ICU?
(a) A nurse snuck Max in.
(b) Gwen begged for him to be let in.
(c) He began to "crash" when Max was refused entry.
(d) What Kevin wants, he gets.
12. What does Grim say Max inherited from his father?
(a) His heart.
(b) His brain.
(c) His fears.
(d) His size.
13. What adjective does Max use to describe Kevin's voice when he is in the ICU?
14. How does the taste of blood in Max's mouth feel?
15. What shape of box is Max's present from Kevin wrapped in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Donelli wait for Max to go before asking him questions that she would no longer ask him in class?
2. What does Max assume has happened, given that the nurse is crying after he goes "nuts"?
3. According to Max's father, what did he do to get to sleep every night in jail?
4. What does Max's father accuse Grim and Gram of?
5. When Max finally falls asleep in the "old bat's" apartment, what does he dream of?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)