|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Max's father tell him that he cannot watch without crying?
(a) Children playing with their fathers.
(b) A sad movie.
(c) Someone playing the guitar.
(d) People holding hands.
2. What does Max's father claim is the reason he was not good enough for Max's mother?
(a) His bank account.
(b) His job.
(c) His looks.
(d) His record.
3. When does Kevin tell Max that he will be coming home from the ICU?
(a) In one month.
(b) In two weeks.
(c) Never; not in his present state.
(d) In one week.
4. What does Max take with him to the hospital to visit Kevin?
(a) The ornithopter bird.
(b) His dictionary.
(c) A new book for Kevin.
(d) A burger for Kevin.
5. Who always says "You can't always judge a book by the cover"?
6. What adjective does Max use to describe Kevin's voice when he is in the ICU?
7. What does Max's father claim is "another crime against humanity"?
(a) Sending him to jail.
(b) Lying to Max.
(c) Hating him.
(d) Tearing up his letters.
8. What is sitting empty on top of the "old bat's" television- in the apartment that Max's father takes him to hide out?
(a) A cereal box.
(b) A candy bowl.
(c) A fish bowl.
(d) A fruit bowl.
9. What does Grim tell Max led him to realize that Max's father had him?
(a) Footprints in the snow.
(b) A dream.
(c) A nightmare.
(d) A sick feeling.
10. During his last conversation with Loretta, in Chapter 25, what does Loretta tell Max is a drag?
11. What does Max admit to his father that makes him let go of Loretta?
(a) That he never should have gone to jail.
(b) That he loves him.
(c) That he saw him kill his mother.
(d) That he hates him.
12. What color shirt does Gwen wear to Christmas dinner at Max's house?
13. Why is Johnny Tremain mad and hateful, according to Max?
(a) Because he burned his hand.
(b) Because he stole something and got grounded.
(c) Because his mother said they had to move.
(d) Because he failed math.
14. Where does Max want to go when Kevin is at the doctor, after the kidnapping?
(a) To school so he does not have to think about it.
(b) Nowhere; he should be able to stay home.
(c) To the doctor with Kevin.
(d) To the ice cream shop.
15. What does Max's father compare cops to in the beginning of Chapter 19?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Max, what food does Kevin love?
2. When Max finally falls asleep in the "old bat's" apartment, what does he dream of?
3. What does Max's father use to tie over his mouth so that he cannot yell for help?
4. Where does Mrs. Donelli wait for Max to go before asking him questions that she would no longer ask him in class?
5. What does Loretta use to cut the ropes Max is tied up with?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)