|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Kevin tell Max that he will be coming home from the ICU?
(a) In one week.
(b) In one month.
(c) Never; not in his present state.
(d) In two weeks.
2. According to Max's father, what did he do to get to sleep every night in jail?
(a) Read the Bible.
(c) Write poetry.
3. Where does Max want to go when Kevin is at the doctor, after the kidnapping?
(a) To the ice cream shop.
(b) To school so he does not have to think about it.
(c) Nowhere; he should be able to stay home.
(d) To the doctor with Kevin.
4. According to Max, what food does Kevin love?
(a) Chop suey.
5. Why is Max able to visit Kevin in the ICU?
(a) He began to "crash" when Max was refused entry.
(b) A nurse snuck Max in.
(c) Gwen begged for him to be let in.
(d) What Kevin wants, he gets.
6. What does Max compare a pencil in his hand to?
(a) A twig.
(b) A pin.
(d) A thread.
7. What does Max claim is one of Gram's specialties; it just makes everything better?
(a) Homemade butter.
(b) Cranberry relish.
(c) Mint sauce.
(d) Raspberry jam.
8. What does Max's father use to tie over his mouth so that he cannot yell for help?
(a) Part of his own shirt.
(b) Part of Max's shirt.
(c) Part of a burned blanket.
(d) A bandanna.
9. What does Loretta use to cut the ropes Max is tied up with?
(a) A broken bottle.
(b) A knife.
(c) A nail.
(d) An edge of the boiler.
10. Who, according to Mrs. Addison in Chapter 14, is requesting Max's presence?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His father.
11. When Max finally falls asleep in the "old bat's" apartment, what does he dream of?
12. What does Max's father claim Loretta is putting on Max when she is trying to help him escape?
(a) Her filth.
(b) Her germs.
(c) Her sickness.
(d) Her dirty hands.
13. What is the name of Max's reading skills tutor?
14. Who always says "You can't always judge a book by the cover"?
15. During his last conversation with Loretta, in Chapter 25, what does Loretta tell Max is a drag?
Short Answer Questions
1. On Friday the Thirteenth, where does Max have to go from homeroom?
2. How many presents does Gram allow everyone to open on Christmas Eve?
3. What adjective does Max use to describe Kevin's voice when he is in the ICU?
4. Who does Max become when he finds out about Kevin's death?
5. What does Gram get from Max for Christmas?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)