|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Max's father tell him that he cannot watch without crying?
(a) Someone playing the guitar.
(b) Children playing with their fathers.
(c) People holding hands.
(d) A sad movie.
2. What does Max do whenever Mrs. Donelli asks him a question in class?
(b) All of those listed.
3. What does Loretta use to cut the ropes Max is tied up with?
(a) An edge of the boiler.
(b) A broken bottle.
(c) A knife.
(d) A nail.
4. What, according to Grim, would his father write on a piece of paper and put into his stocking when he was a kid?
5. What did students from Max and Kevin's school draw on the pictures from the paper?
(a) Buck teeth.
6. What nickname do the papers give Loretta after Killer Kane is caught?
(a) Max's Angel.
(b) Antonio Avenger.
(c) Ravishing Rescuer.
(d) Heroic Biker Babe.
7. What does Max assume has happened, given that the nurse is crying after he goes "nuts"?
(a) That she is worried about him.
(b) That she is about to lose her job.
(c) That he hit her.
(d) That something happened to Kevin.
8. What shape of box is Max's present from Kevin wrapped in?
9. What is sitting empty on top of the "old bat's" television- in the apartment that Max's father takes him to hide out?
(a) A cereal box.
(b) A candy bowl.
(c) A fish bowl.
(d) A fruit bowl.
10. What does Max say Mrs. Donelli is "admitting" about Kevin, by October?
(a) That he is not as smart as he thinks.
(b) That he is too smart for his own good.
(c) That he is more trouble than he is worth.
(d) That he is smarter than her.
11. What is the name of the electronic gear Kevin is hooked up to in the hospital?
(a) Starpen's recorder.
(c) Meterological diagnostics.
12. What does Grim tell Max led him to realize that Max's father had him?
(a) A sick feeling.
(b) A dream.
(c) A nightmare.
(d) Footprints in the snow.
13. What does Max's father compare cops to in the beginning of Chapter 19?
14. What tune does Kevin play on his tracheotomy?
(a) Arthur's Last Stand.
(b) Star Trek.
(c) Star Wars.
15. What smell does Max first recognize when he enters "the other place" with his father?
(a) Wet dog.
(d) Rotten meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Max, what food does Kevin love?
2. According to Max's father, what did he do to get to sleep every night in jail?
3. What is Max's father waiting on from Iggy to make his and Max's getaway?
4. Where does Mrs. Donelli wait for Max to go before asking him questions that she would no longer ask him in class?
5. After coming home from his kidnapping, what won't Gram let Max do?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)