|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gram ask Max if he has when they are talking about Kevin's trips to the doctor, after Max tells her that they are a team?
(a) A journal.
(b) A brain.
(c) A crutch.
2. After coming home from his kidnapping, what won't Gram let Max do?
(a) Go over the Kevin's.
(b) Go out of the yard.
(c) Leave the house.
(d) Sleep in the basement.
3. Who does Max become when he finds out about Kevin's death?
(b) Max the Mighty.
(d) Killer Kane's son.
4. What is Max's father waiting on from Iggy to make his and Max's getaway?
(c) A car.
(d) ID cards.
5. When Max finally falls asleep in the "old bat's" apartment, what does he dream of?
6. How many presents does Gram allow everyone to open on Christmas Eve?
7. What does Max claim is one of Gram's specialties; it just makes everything better?
(a) Raspberry jam.
(b) Cranberry relish.
(c) Homemade butter.
(d) Mint sauce.
8. What is sitting empty on top of the "old bat's" television- in the apartment that Max's father takes him to hide out?
(a) A cereal box.
(b) A candy bowl.
(c) A fish bowl.
(d) A fruit bowl.
9. On what day does Kevin go into the hospital after he has a seizure?
(a) Max's birthday.
(b) His birthday.
(c) Gwen's birthday.
(d) Max's mother's birthday.
10. What does Grim say are told to "entertain"?
11. Who, according to Mrs. Addison in Chapter 14, is requesting Max's presence?
(a) His father.
(c) His uncle.
12. What does Max's father compare cops to in the beginning of Chapter 19?
13. Who does Kevin say that he wants to live with when he tells Gwen to put him up for adoption?
(a) The Waltons.
(c) His doctor.
(d) His English teacher.
14. Once in the burned out basement, what does Max's father tie him to?
(a) A boiler.
(b) A support beam.
(c) A toilet.
(d) A rusty bed.
15. Who is pictured in the picture on the wall, the one with the eyes that follow "you" around?
(b) Dogs playing poker.
(d) Mary mother of Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Max's reading skills tutor think Max has never done well in school?
2. What does Max's father claim Loretta is putting on Max when she is trying to help him escape?
3. What is the first thing Loretta does when she gets to Max in the burned out basement?
4. Once in the "old bat's" apartment, how does Max's father tell him to start acting?
5. During his last conversation with Loretta, in Chapter 25, what does Loretta tell Max is a drag?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)