|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tune does Kevin play on his tracheotomy?
(a) Star Trek.
(b) Star Wars.
(c) Arthur's Last Stand.
2. What does Max do whenever Mrs. Donelli asks him a question in class?
(d) All of those listed.
3. What is sitting empty on top of the "old bat's" television- in the apartment that Max's father takes him to hide out?
(a) A candy bowl.
(b) A fruit bowl.
(c) A cereal box.
(d) A fish bowl.
4. Once in the burned out basement, what does Max's father tie him to?
(a) A boiler.
(b) A support beam.
(c) A toilet.
(d) A rusty bed.
5. What does Max compare a pencil in his hand to?
(a) A twig.
(c) A thread.
(d) A pin.
6. What wakes Max up on Christmas Eve?
(a) HIs lights coming on.
(b) An alarm.
(c) Someone breathing.
(d) A door banging.
7. Who, according to Mrs. Addison in Chapter 14, is requesting Max's presence?
(b) His uncle.
(c) His father.
8. After coming home from his kidnapping, what won't Gram let Max do?
(a) Go out of the yard.
(b) Sleep in the basement.
(c) Leave the house.
(d) Go over the Kevin's.
9. What does Max's father use to tie over his mouth so that he cannot yell for help?
(a) Part of Max's shirt.
(b) Part of a burned blanket.
(c) A bandanna.
(d) Part of his own shirt.
10. On Friday the Thirteenth, where does Max have to go from homeroom?
(a) The psychiatrist's office.
(b) The counselor's office.
(c) The nurse's office.
(d) The principal's office.
11. What is the first thing Loretta does when she gets to Max in the burned out basement?
(a) Removes his gag.
(b) Sings to him.
(c) Unties him.
(d) Hugs him.
12. What does Max's father claim Loretta is putting on Max when she is trying to help him escape?
(a) Her germs.
(b) Her sickness.
(c) Her filth.
(d) Her dirty hands.
13. What does Gram get from Max for Christmas?
(a) A ring.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A pair of socks.
14. Why is Johnny Tremain mad and hateful, according to Max?
(a) Because he failed math.
(b) Because he stole something and got grounded.
(c) Because he burned his hand.
(d) Because his mother said they had to move.
15. What does Max say Mrs. Donelli is "admitting" about Kevin, by October?
(a) That he is more trouble than he is worth.
(b) That he is too smart for his own good.
(c) That he is smarter than her.
(d) That he is not as smart as he thinks.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Max's father, what did he do to get to sleep every night in jail?
2. What adjective does Max use to describe Kevin's voice when he is in the ICU?
3. What did students from Max and Kevin's school draw on the pictures from the paper?
4. What does Max's father compare the old boarded up building to once he and Max get into it?
5. According to Max, what food does Kevin love?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)