|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kevin get Max for Christmas?
(a) A journal.
(b) A model bird.
(c) A dictionary.
(d) A book on physics.
2. When does Kevin tell Max that he will be coming home from the ICU?
(a) In two weeks.
(b) Never; not in his present state.
(c) In one week.
(d) In one month.
3. According to Kevin, and his doctor, who does Kevin say is familiar with his case?
(a) Specialists from all over the world.
(b) The Governor.
(c) Tom Cruise.
(d) The President.
4. Who does Max become when he finds out about Kevin's death?
(a) Max the Mighty.
(c) Killer Kane's son.
5. What does Max admit to his father that makes him let go of Loretta?
(a) That he saw him kill his mother.
(b) That he hates him.
(c) That he never should have gone to jail.
(d) That he loves him.
6. What wakes Max up on Christmas Eve?
(a) Someone breathing.
(b) HIs lights coming on.
(c) An alarm.
(d) A door banging.
7. Why does Max's reading skills tutor think Max has never done well in school?
(a) All of those listed.
(b) He is stubborn.
(c) He is lazy.
(d) He doesn't want to learn.
8. What does Grim say are told to "entertain"?
9. What does Loretta call Max right before his father begins choking her?
10. What does Max's father claim Loretta is putting on Max when she is trying to help him escape?
(a) Her sickness.
(b) Her filth.
(c) Her dirty hands.
(d) Her germs.
11. What does Max's father claim "those people did" to him, when he was telling Max about all the injustice he has faced?
(a) Stole his dreams.
(b) Stole his life.
(c) Stole his son.
(d) Stole his heart.
12. Who is pictured in the picture on the wall, the one with the eyes that follow "you" around?
(c) Mary mother of Jesus.
(d) Dogs playing poker.
13. What does Loretta use to cut the ropes Max is tied up with?
(a) A broken bottle.
(b) A nail.
(c) A knife.
(d) An edge of the boiler.
14. What is the name of Max's reading skills tutor?
15. What does Kevin ask for during Christmas Eve dinner that makes Gram laugh so hard that she has a coughing fit?
(a) Ham butt.
(b) Green legs; green beans.
(c) Mushed taters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kevin declare "is a toxic waste of time"?
2. What does Max's father compare cops to in the beginning of Chapter 19?
3. Where does Mrs. Donelli wait for Max to go before asking him questions that she would no longer ask him in class?
4. Why doesn't Max have to testify in court against his father?
5. According to Max's father, what did he do to get to sleep every night in jail?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)