|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Friday the Thirteenth, where does Max have to go from homeroom?
(a) The counselor's office.
(b) The psychiatrist's office.
(c) The nurse's office.
(d) The principal's office.
2. What does Max say is fluttering around in his chest when he is talking to Mrs. Addison?
(a) A bird.
(b) A moth.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) An espry.
3. How does the taste of blood in Max's mouth feel?
4. What does Max assume has happened, given that the nurse is crying after he goes "nuts"?
(a) That she is about to lose her job.
(b) That he hit her.
(c) That something happened to Kevin.
(d) That she is worried about him.
5. What does Gram ask Max if he has when they are talking about Kevin's trips to the doctor, after Max tells her that they are a team?
(a) A crutch.
(b) A journal.
(c) A brain.
6. What does Grim tell Max led him to realize that Max's father had him?
(a) Footprints in the snow.
(b) A dream.
(c) A sick feeling.
(d) A nightmare.
7. Once in the "old bat's" apartment, how does Max's father tell him to start acting?
8. What does Max take with him to the hospital to visit Kevin?
(a) The ornithopter bird.
(b) A new book for Kevin.
(c) His dictionary.
(d) A burger for Kevin.
9. What does Gram get from Max for Christmas?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A ring.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A pair of socks.
10. What does Max's father do to ensure that Max does not run away from the "old bat's" apartment?
(a) Handcuffs him to himself.
(b) Locks him in the windowless bathroom.
(c) Ties him up.
(d) Handcuffs him.
11. Who does Max run into on the front lawn of the hospital?
(d) Tony D.
12. How does "everybody" feel regarding the pictures in the paper detailing the kidnapping?
13. What does Loretta call Max right before his father begins choking her?
14. What does Kevin get Max for Christmas?
(a) A dictionary.
(b) A model bird.
(c) A journal.
(d) A book on physics.
15. What, according to Grim, would his father write on a piece of paper and put into his stocking when he was a kid?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Max's father, what did he do to get to sleep every night in jail?
2. What does Max compare a pencil in his hand to?
3. What does Max admit to his father that makes him let go of Loretta?
4. What shape of box is Max's present from Kevin wrapped in?
5. Who does Kevin say that he wants to live with when he tells Gwen to put him up for adoption?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)