|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Max's reading skills tutor think Max has never done well in school?
(a) All of those listed.
(b) He doesn't want to learn.
(c) He is stubborn.
(d) He is lazy.
2. What does Max's father claim Loretta is putting on Max when she is trying to help him escape?
(a) Her filth.
(b) Her sickness.
(c) Her dirty hands.
(d) Her germs.
3. According to Kevin, and his doctor, who does Kevin say is familiar with his case?
(a) The President.
(b) Specialists from all over the world.
(c) The Governor.
(d) Tom Cruise.
4. What does Max do whenever Mrs. Donelli asks him a question in class?
(d) All of those listed.
5. Why is Max able to visit Kevin in the ICU?
(a) He began to "crash" when Max was refused entry.
(b) A nurse snuck Max in.
(c) Gwen begged for him to be let in.
(d) What Kevin wants, he gets.
6. Who always says "You can't always judge a book by the cover"?
7. What tune does Kevin play on his tracheotomy?
(a) Arthur's Last Stand.
(b) Star Trek.
(c) Star Wars.
8. What does Gram get from Max for Christmas?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A pair of socks.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A ring.
9. What does Max's father claim is the reason he was not good enough for Max's mother?
(a) His job.
(b) His bank account.
(c) His record.
(d) His looks.
10. What does Max's father use to tie over his mouth so that he cannot yell for help?
(a) Part of his own shirt.
(b) Part of Max's shirt.
(c) Part of a burned blanket.
(d) A bandanna.
11. What does Max say is fluttering around in his chest when he is talking to Mrs. Addison?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) An espry.
(c) A moth.
(d) A bird.
12. What does Max take with him to the hospital to visit Kevin?
(a) His dictionary.
(b) The ornithopter bird.
(c) A burger for Kevin.
(d) A new book for Kevin.
13. According to Max's father, what did he do to get to sleep every night in jail?
(a) Write poetry.
(d) Read the Bible.
14. What does Kevin declare "is a toxic waste of time"?
(a) Singing carols.
(d) Eating dinner.
15. On what day does Kevin go into the hospital after he has a seizure?
(a) Max's birthday.
(b) His birthday.
(c) Max's mother's birthday.
(d) Gwen's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Loretta call Max right before his father begins choking her?
2. What is the name of Max's reading skills tutor?
3. According to Max, what food does Kevin love?
4. Why doesn't Max have to testify in court against his father?
5. What does Gram ask Max if he has when they are talking about Kevin's trips to the doctor, after Max tells her that they are a team?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)