|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Max's father claim Loretta is putting on Max when she is trying to help him escape?
(a) Her germs.
(b) Her dirty hands.
(c) Her sickness.
(d) Her filth.
2. What does Max's father compare the old boarded up building to once he and Max get into it?
(a) His first apartment with Max's mother.
3. During his last conversation with Loretta, in Chapter 25, what does Loretta tell Max is a drag?
4. What does Max's father accuse Grim and Gram of?
(a) Setting him up.
(b) Faking Max's mother's death.
(c) Not giving him the presents he sent.
(d) Keeping him in jail.
5. When does Kevin tell Max that he will be coming home from the ICU?
(a) Never; not in his present state.
(b) In two weeks.
(c) In one week.
(d) In one month.
6. On Friday the Thirteenth, where does Max have to go from homeroom?
(a) The principal's office.
(b) The counselor's office.
(c) The psychiatrist's office.
(d) The nurse's office.
7. According to Kevin, and his doctor, who does Kevin say is familiar with his case?
(a) The Governor.
(b) Specialists from all over the world.
(c) The President.
(d) Tom Cruise.
8. Where does Max want to go when Kevin is at the doctor, after the kidnapping?
(a) To the ice cream shop.
(b) To the doctor with Kevin.
(c) Nowhere; he should be able to stay home.
(d) To school so he does not have to think about it.
9. On what day does Kevin go into the hospital after he has a seizure?
(a) Gwen's birthday.
(b) Max's birthday.
(c) Max's mother's birthday.
(d) His birthday.
10. What does Max's father tell him that he cannot watch without crying?
(a) Children playing with their fathers.
(b) A sad movie.
(c) Someone playing the guitar.
(d) People holding hands.
11. What adjective does Max use to describe Kevin's voice when he is in the ICU?
12. What does Kevin ask for during Christmas Eve dinner that makes Gram laugh so hard that she has a coughing fit?
(b) Mushed taters.
(c) Green legs; green beans.
(d) Ham butt.
13. What does Loretta use to cut the ropes Max is tied up with?
(a) A nail.
(b) A knife.
(c) A broken bottle.
(d) An edge of the boiler.
14. What is sitting empty on top of the "old bat's" television- in the apartment that Max's father takes him to hide out?
(a) A fish bowl.
(b) A candy bowl.
(c) A fruit bowl.
(d) A cereal box.
15. What does Max's father use to tie over his mouth so that he cannot yell for help?
(a) Part of his own shirt.
(b) A bandanna.
(c) Part of a burned blanket.
(d) Part of Max's shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Max become when he finds out about Kevin's death?
2. Who is pictured in the picture on the wall, the one with the eyes that follow "you" around?
3. Who always says "You can't always judge a book by the cover"?
4. How does "everybody" feel regarding the pictures in the paper detailing the kidnapping?
5. What does Kevin declare "is a toxic waste of time"?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)