|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Max compare a pencil in his hand to?
(a) A thread.
(b) A twig.
(d) A pin.
2. What is on the pages of the book that Kevin gives to Max in the ICU?
(a) Nothing; it is blank.
(b) Treasure maps.
(c) More definitions.
(d) Pictures of knights.
3. What is the name of the electronic gear Kevin is hooked up to in the hospital?
(a) Meterological diagnostics.
(c) Starpen's recorder.
4. What does Max's father claim is the reason he was not good enough for Max's mother?
(a) His record.
(b) His looks.
(c) His job.
(d) His bank account.
5. What does Max say Mrs. Donelli is "admitting" about Kevin, by October?
(a) That he is too smart for his own good.
(b) That he is not as smart as he thinks.
(c) That he is smarter than her.
(d) That he is more trouble than he is worth.
6. What does Grim say Max inherited from his father?
(a) His size.
(b) His brain.
(c) His fears.
(d) His heart.
7. On what day does Kevin go into the hospital after he has a seizure?
(a) Max's birthday.
(b) Gwen's birthday.
(c) Max's mother's birthday.
(d) His birthday.
8. What does Max assume has happened, given that the nurse is crying after he goes "nuts"?
(a) That he hit her.
(b) That she is about to lose her job.
(c) That she is worried about him.
(d) That something happened to Kevin.
9. What, according to Grim, would his father write on a piece of paper and put into his stocking when he was a kid?
10. What is sitting empty on top of the "old bat's" television- in the apartment that Max's father takes him to hide out?
(a) A fruit bowl.
(b) A fish bowl.
(c) A candy bowl.
(d) A cereal box.
11. Who always says "You can't always judge a book by the cover"?
12. What does Max do whenever Mrs. Donelli asks him a question in class?
(d) All of those listed.
13. Why is Max able to visit Kevin in the ICU?
(a) What Kevin wants, he gets.
(b) A nurse snuck Max in.
(c) Gwen begged for him to be let in.
(d) He began to "crash" when Max was refused entry.
14. According to Kevin, and his doctor, who does Kevin say is familiar with his case?
(a) Specialists from all over the world.
(b) The President.
(c) Tom Cruise.
(d) The Governor.
15. What did students from Max and Kevin's school draw on the pictures from the paper?
(d) Buck teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his last conversation with Loretta, in Chapter 25, what does Loretta tell Max is a drag?
2. Once in the "old bat's" apartment, how does Max's father tell him to start acting?
3. What does Max claim is one of Gram's specialties; it just makes everything better?
4. What does Max compare Gwen to on Christmas Eve?
5. How does the taste of blood in Max's mouth feel?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)