|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Max say Mrs. Donelli is "admitting" about Kevin, by October?
(a) That he is too smart for his own good.
(b) That he is smarter than her.
(c) That he is not as smart as he thinks.
(d) That he is more trouble than he is worth.
2. What is on the pages of the book that Kevin gives to Max in the ICU?
(a) Pictures of knights.
(b) Nothing; it is blank.
(c) More definitions.
(d) Treasure maps.
3. What is sitting empty on top of the "old bat's" television- in the apartment that Max's father takes him to hide out?
(a) A fish bowl.
(b) A fruit bowl.
(c) A candy bowl.
(d) A cereal box.
4. What does Grim say Max inherited from his father?
(a) His heart.
(b) His fears.
(c) His size.
(d) His brain.
5. Who is pictured in the picture on the wall, the one with the eyes that follow "you" around?
(b) Mary mother of Jesus.
(c) Dogs playing poker.
6. What does Max assume has happened, given that the nurse is crying after he goes "nuts"?
(a) That she is about to lose her job.
(b) That something happened to Kevin.
(c) That he hit her.
(d) That she is worried about him.
7. What does Kevin get Max for Christmas?
(a) A book on physics.
(b) A dictionary.
(c) A journal.
(d) A model bird.
8. What does Max's father claim Loretta is putting on Max when she is trying to help him escape?
(a) Her germs.
(b) Her dirty hands.
(c) Her filth.
(d) Her sickness.
9. What did students from Max and Kevin's school draw on the pictures from the paper?
(d) Buck teeth.
10. What does Gram ask Max if he has when they are talking about Kevin's trips to the doctor, after Max tells her that they are a team?
(a) A crutch.
(b) A brain.
(c) A journal.
11. What is Max's father waiting on from Iggy to make his and Max's getaway?
(c) ID cards.
(d) A car.
12. What does Kevin ask for during Christmas Eve dinner that makes Gram laugh so hard that she has a coughing fit?
(a) Green legs; green beans.
(c) Mushed taters.
(d) Ham butt.
13. Once in the "old bat's" apartment, how does Max's father tell him to start acting?
14. What shape of box is Max's present from Kevin wrapped in?
15. How does the taste of blood in Max's mouth feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Johnny Tremain mad and hateful, according to Max?
2. What does Kevin declare "is a toxic waste of time"?
3. What does Max's father use to tie over his mouth so that he cannot yell for help?
4. What does Max take with him to the hospital to visit Kevin?
5. What, according to Grim, would his father write on a piece of paper and put into his stocking when he was a kid?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)