|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Max run into on the front lawn of the hospital?
(c) Tony D.
2. Who does Kevin say that he wants to live with when he tells Gwen to put him up for adoption?
(b) His doctor.
(c) His English teacher.
(d) The Waltons.
3. What does Grim tell Max led him to realize that Max's father had him?
(a) A dream.
(b) Footprints in the snow.
(c) A nightmare.
(d) A sick feeling.
4. What does Gram ask Max if he has when they are talking about Kevin's trips to the doctor, after Max tells her that they are a team?
(a) A journal.
(b) A crutch.
(d) A brain.
5. What smell does Max first recognize when he enters "the other place" with his father?
(c) Rotten meat.
(d) Wet dog.
6. Why is Johnny Tremain mad and hateful, according to Max?
(a) Because he burned his hand.
(b) Because he failed math.
(c) Because he stole something and got grounded.
(d) Because his mother said they had to move.
7. What does Loretta use to cut the ropes Max is tied up with?
(a) A broken bottle.
(b) A nail.
(c) An edge of the boiler.
(d) A knife.
8. What does Max's father compare cops to in the beginning of Chapter 19?
9. What does Max assume has happened, given that the nurse is crying after he goes "nuts"?
(a) That she is about to lose her job.
(b) That she is worried about him.
(c) That he hit her.
(d) That something happened to Kevin.
10. Once in the "old bat's" apartment, how does Max's father tell him to start acting?
11. What does Max's father do to ensure that Max does not run away from the "old bat's" apartment?
(a) Handcuffs him.
(b) Handcuffs him to himself.
(c) Ties him up.
(d) Locks him in the windowless bathroom.
12. What color shirt does Gwen wear to Christmas dinner at Max's house?
13. Once in the burned out basement, what does Max's father tie him to?
(a) A toilet.
(b) A support beam.
(c) A boiler.
(d) A rusty bed.
14. What does Max claim is one of Gram's specialties; it just makes everything better?
(a) Mint sauce.
(b) Raspberry jam.
(c) Homemade butter.
(d) Cranberry relish.
15. What is the name of the electronic gear Kevin is hooked up to in the hospital?
(a) Starpen's recorder.
(c) Meterological diagnostics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Kevin, and his doctor, who does Kevin say is familiar with his case?
2. What does Max say Mrs. Donelli is "admitting" about Kevin, by October?
3. What does Max's father claim "those people did" to him, when he was telling Max about all the injustice he has faced?
4. What does Max's father claim is the reason he was not good enough for Max's mother?
5. Who is pictured in the picture on the wall, the one with the eyes that follow "you" around?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)