|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Loretta does when she gets to Max in the burned out basement?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Unties him.
(c) Sings to him.
(d) Removes his gag.
2. Once in the burned out basement, what does Max's father tie him to?
(a) A toilet.
(b) A boiler.
(c) A rusty bed.
(d) A support beam.
3. What smell does Max first recognize when he enters "the other place" with his father?
(b) Wet dog.
(d) Rotten meat.
4. What does Max's father claim is the reason he was not good enough for Max's mother?
(a) His bank account.
(b) His job.
(c) His looks.
(d) His record.
5. Who is pictured in the picture on the wall, the one with the eyes that follow "you" around?
(b) Dogs playing poker.
(d) Mary mother of Jesus.
6. Who does Kevin say that he wants to live with when he tells Gwen to put him up for adoption?
(a) The Waltons.
(c) His doctor.
(d) His English teacher.
7. What is Max's father waiting on from Iggy to make his and Max's getaway?
(a) ID cards.
(c) A car.
8. What does Loretta call Max right before his father begins choking her?
9. What does Max's father accuse Grim and Gram of?
(a) Setting him up.
(b) Faking Max's mother's death.
(c) Not giving him the presents he sent.
(d) Keeping him in jail.
10. What shape of box is Max's present from Kevin wrapped in?
11. According to Max, what food does Kevin love?
(d) Chop suey.
12. What does Grim tell Max led him to realize that Max's father had him?
(a) A nightmare.
(b) A sick feeling.
(c) Footprints in the snow.
(d) A dream.
13. What nickname do the papers give Loretta after Killer Kane is caught?
(a) Heroic Biker Babe.
(b) Antonio Avenger.
(c) Max's Angel.
(d) Ravishing Rescuer.
14. What does Max compare Gwen to on Christmas Eve?
(a) Santa's wife.
(b) A Christmas decoration.
(c) An elf.
(d) An angel.
15. How many presents does Gram allow everyone to open on Christmas Eve?
Short Answer Questions
1. On Friday the Thirteenth, where does Max have to go from homeroom?
2. What does Max's father claim "those people did" to him, when he was telling Max about all the injustice he has faced?
3. What does Max's father use to tie over his mouth so that he cannot yell for help?
4. Why doesn't Max have to testify in court against his father?
5. Why does Max's reading skills tutor think Max has never done well in school?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)