|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Max's father claim "those people did" to him, when he was telling Max about all the injustice he has faced?
(a) Stole his son.
(b) Stole his heart.
(c) Stole his dreams.
(d) Stole his life.
2. What does Kevin ask for during Christmas Eve dinner that makes Gram laugh so hard that she has a coughing fit?
(a) Green legs; green beans.
(c) Mushed taters.
(d) Ham butt.
3. Who does Max run into on the front lawn of the hospital?
(d) Tony D.
4. On Friday the Thirteenth, where does Max have to go from homeroom?
(a) The psychiatrist's office.
(b) The principal's office.
(c) The counselor's office.
(d) The nurse's office.
5. What does Grim tell Max led him to realize that Max's father had him?
(a) Footprints in the snow.
(b) A dream.
(c) A sick feeling.
(d) A nightmare.
6. Who, according to Mrs. Addison in Chapter 14, is requesting Max's presence?
(a) His uncle.
(d) His father.
7. What is the name of the electronic gear Kevin is hooked up to in the hospital?
(a) Starpen's recorder.
(b) Meterological diagnostics.
8. What does Loretta use to cut the ropes Max is tied up with?
(a) A knife.
(b) An edge of the boiler.
(c) A nail.
(d) A broken bottle.
9. What is the first thing Loretta does when she gets to Max in the burned out basement?
(a) Removes his gag.
(b) Sings to him.
(c) Unties him.
(d) Hugs him.
10. Who always says "You can't always judge a book by the cover"?
11. What does Max say Mrs. Donelli is "admitting" about Kevin, by October?
(a) That he is smarter than her.
(b) That he is not as smart as he thinks.
(c) That he is more trouble than he is worth.
(d) That he is too smart for his own good.
12. What does Kevin declare "is a toxic waste of time"?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Singing carols.
13. Why is Johnny Tremain mad and hateful, according to Max?
(a) Because he failed math.
(b) Because his mother said they had to move.
(c) Because he burned his hand.
(d) Because he stole something and got grounded.
14. What does Max claim is one of Gram's specialties; it just makes everything better?
(a) Raspberry jam.
(b) Mint sauce.
(c) Cranberry relish.
(d) Homemade butter.
15. What, according to Grim, would his father write on a piece of paper and put into his stocking when he was a kid?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Loretta call Max right before his father begins choking her?
2. Who does Kevin say that he wants to live with when he tells Gwen to put him up for adoption?
3. What does Max say is fluttering around in his chest when he is talking to Mrs. Addison?
4. What wakes Max up on Christmas Eve?
5. What did students from Max and Kevin's school draw on the pictures from the paper?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)