|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Max's father tell him that he cannot watch without crying?
(a) Children playing with their fathers.
(b) People holding hands.
(c) Someone playing the guitar.
(d) A sad movie.
2. What smell does Max first recognize when he enters "the other place" with his father?
(a) Rotten meat.
(b) Wet dog.
3. What adjective does Max use to describe Kevin's voice when he is in the ICU?
4. Why does Max's reading skills tutor think Max has never done well in school?
(a) He is stubborn.
(b) He is lazy.
(c) All of those listed.
(d) He doesn't want to learn.
5. What did students from Max and Kevin's school draw on the pictures from the paper?
(b) Buck teeth.
6. What does Max say is fluttering around in his chest when he is talking to Mrs. Addison?
(a) A bird.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) An espry.
(d) A moth.
7. What does Max claim is one of Gram's specialties; it just makes everything better?
(a) Homemade butter.
(b) Cranberry relish.
(c) Raspberry jam.
(d) Mint sauce.
8. What does Grim say Max inherited from his father?
(a) His heart.
(b) His fears.
(c) His size.
(d) His brain.
9. When does Kevin tell Max that he will be coming home from the ICU?
(a) In one month.
(b) Never; not in his present state.
(c) In two weeks.
(d) In one week.
10. Who always says "You can't always judge a book by the cover"?
11. What does Grim tell Max led him to realize that Max's father had him?
(a) Footprints in the snow.
(b) A dream.
(c) A nightmare.
(d) A sick feeling.
12. During his last conversation with Loretta, in Chapter 25, what does Loretta tell Max is a drag?
13. What does Kevin declare "is a toxic waste of time"?
(c) Singing carols.
(d) Eating dinner.
14. What does Max's father compare the old boarded up building to once he and Max get into it?
(c) His first apartment with Max's mother.
15. Why is Johnny Tremain mad and hateful, according to Max?
(a) Because he stole something and got grounded.
(b) Because he burned his hand.
(c) Because he failed math.
(d) Because his mother said they had to move.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Max put the book Kevin gives to him in the hospital?
2. How does "everybody" feel regarding the pictures in the paper detailing the kidnapping?
3. Who, according to Mrs. Addison in Chapter 14, is requesting Max's presence?
4. According to Kevin, and his doctor, who does Kevin say is familiar with his case?
5. According to Max's father, what did he do to get to sleep every night in jail?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)