|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Max's father claim "those people did" to him, when he was telling Max about all the injustice he has faced?
(a) Stole his dreams.
(b) Stole his life.
(c) Stole his son.
(d) Stole his heart.
2. What does Loretta call Max right before his father begins choking her?
3. What smell does Max first recognize when he enters "the other place" with his father?
(a) Rotten meat.
(c) Wet dog.
4. Why is Max able to visit Kevin in the ICU?
(a) Gwen begged for him to be let in.
(b) A nurse snuck Max in.
(c) He began to "crash" when Max was refused entry.
(d) What Kevin wants, he gets.
5. What does Grim say are told to "entertain"?
6. What does Max's father compare the old boarded up building to once he and Max get into it?
(b) His first apartment with Max's mother.
7. What does Max admit to his father that makes him let go of Loretta?
(a) That he loves him.
(b) That he saw him kill his mother.
(c) That he never should have gone to jail.
(d) That he hates him.
8. On Friday the Thirteenth, where does Max have to go from homeroom?
(a) The psychiatrist's office.
(b) The nurse's office.
(c) The counselor's office.
(d) The principal's office.
9. Why does Max's reading skills tutor think Max has never done well in school?
(a) All of those listed.
(b) He is stubborn.
(c) He is lazy.
(d) He doesn't want to learn.
10. What does Loretta claim that Max's father is a "genius for"?
11. When does Kevin tell Max that he will be coming home from the ICU?
(a) In two weeks.
(b) Never; not in his present state.
(c) In one month.
(d) In one week.
12. What is the name of Max's reading skills tutor?
13. What is the first thing Loretta does when she gets to Max in the burned out basement?
(a) Sings to him.
(b) Unties him.
(c) Removes his gag.
(d) Hugs him.
14. What is sitting empty on top of the "old bat's" television- in the apartment that Max's father takes him to hide out?
(a) A candy bowl.
(b) A fish bowl.
(c) A cereal box.
(d) A fruit bowl.
15. Once in the burned out basement, what does Max's father tie him to?
(a) A support beam.
(b) A toilet.
(c) A boiler.
(d) A rusty bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Loretta use to cut the ropes Max is tied up with?
2. What color shirt does Gwen wear to Christmas dinner at Max's house?
3. What, according to Grim, would his father write on a piece of paper and put into his stocking when he was a kid?
4. What does Max compare Gwen to on Christmas Eve?
5. Where does Max want to go when Kevin is at the doctor, after the kidnapping?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)