|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Max's father tell him that he cannot watch without crying?
(a) Children playing with their fathers.
(b) People holding hands.
(c) A sad movie.
(d) Someone playing the guitar.
2. Why doesn't Max have to testify in court against his father?
(a) He plead guilty.
(b) He was killed in jail.
(c) Max's testimony will be taped and then played in court.
(d) He escaped again and court is postponed.
3. Where does Max want to go when Kevin is at the doctor, after the kidnapping?
(a) To school so he does not have to think about it.
(b) To the doctor with Kevin.
(c) Nowhere; he should be able to stay home.
(d) To the ice cream shop.
4. What does Kevin ask for during Christmas Eve dinner that makes Gram laugh so hard that she has a coughing fit?
(b) Green legs; green beans.
(c) Ham butt.
(d) Mushed taters.
5. Why does Max's reading skills tutor think Max has never done well in school?
(a) He is stubborn.
(b) He is lazy.
(c) He doesn't want to learn.
(d) All of those listed.
6. What tune does Kevin play on his tracheotomy?
(b) Arthur's Last Stand.
(c) Star Trek.
(d) Star Wars.
7. What does Max's father claim "those people did" to him, when he was telling Max about all the injustice he has faced?
(a) Stole his life.
(b) Stole his dreams.
(c) Stole his heart.
(d) Stole his son.
8. Why is Max able to visit Kevin in the ICU?
(a) What Kevin wants, he gets.
(b) Gwen begged for him to be let in.
(c) He began to "crash" when Max was refused entry.
(d) A nurse snuck Max in.
9. Who does Kevin say that he wants to live with when he tells Gwen to put him up for adoption?
(a) The Waltons.
(b) His doctor.
(d) His English teacher.
10. Who does Max become when he finds out about Kevin's death?
(a) Max the Mighty.
(c) Killer Kane's son.
11. What does Max compare a pencil in his hand to?
(a) A thread.
(b) A twig.
(c) A pin.
12. What adjective does Max use to describe Kevin's voice when he is in the ICU?
13. After coming home from his kidnapping, what won't Gram let Max do?
(a) Sleep in the basement.
(b) Go over the Kevin's.
(c) Go out of the yard.
(d) Leave the house.
14. What does Max compare Gwen to on Christmas Eve?
(a) Santa's wife.
(b) An angel.
(c) A Christmas decoration.
(d) An elf.
15. What, according to Grim, would his father write on a piece of paper and put into his stocking when he was a kid?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who always says "You can't always judge a book by the cover"?
2. What does Max's father compare cops to in the beginning of Chapter 19?
3. When does Kevin tell Max that he will be coming home from the ICU?
4. What is the name of the electronic gear Kevin is hooked up to in the hospital?
5. What color shirt does Gwen wear to Christmas dinner at Max's house?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)