|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Max run into on the front lawn of the hospital?
(c) Tony D.
2. According to Max, what food does Kevin love?
(d) Chop suey.
3. What does Kevin get Max for Christmas?
(a) A dictionary.
(b) A book on physics.
(c) A model bird.
(d) A journal.
4. Where does Max put the book Kevin gives to him in the hospital?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) In the box Kevin gave him for Christmas.
(c) On the fireplace mantle.
(d) Next to the picture from the paper.
5. What does Max's father accuse Grim and Gram of?
(a) Keeping him in jail.
(b) Not giving him the presents he sent.
(c) Setting him up.
(d) Faking Max's mother's death.
6. What does Max compare Gwen to on Christmas Eve?
(a) A Christmas decoration.
(b) An elf.
(c) An angel.
(d) Santa's wife.
7. Who does Kevin say that he wants to live with when he tells Gwen to put him up for adoption?
(a) The Waltons.
(c) His English teacher.
(d) His doctor.
8. What does Grim say are told to "entertain"?
9. After coming home from his kidnapping, what won't Gram let Max do?
(a) Leave the house.
(b) Go out of the yard.
(c) Sleep in the basement.
(d) Go over the Kevin's.
10. What does Max's father do to ensure that Max does not run away from the "old bat's" apartment?
(a) Handcuffs him to himself.
(b) Locks him in the windowless bathroom.
(c) Handcuffs him.
(d) Ties him up.
11. What does Max do whenever Mrs. Donelli asks him a question in class?
(b) All of those listed.
12. According to Kevin, and his doctor, who does Kevin say is familiar with his case?
(a) The President.
(b) Tom Cruise.
(c) Specialists from all over the world.
(d) The Governor.
13. What does Loretta call Max right before his father begins choking her?
14. According to Max's father, what did he do to get to sleep every night in jail?
(b) Write poetry.
(c) Read the Bible.
15. What does Loretta claim that Max's father is a "genius for"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max say Mrs. Donelli is "admitting" about Kevin, by October?
2. What does Max admit to his father that makes him let go of Loretta?
3. During his last conversation with Loretta, in Chapter 25, what does Loretta tell Max is a drag?
4. How does "everybody" feel regarding the pictures in the paper detailing the kidnapping?
5. Once in the "old bat's" apartment, how does Max's father tell him to start acting?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)