|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Johnny Tremain mad and hateful, according to Max?
(a) Because he stole something and got grounded.
(b) Because he burned his hand.
(c) Because he failed math.
(d) Because his mother said they had to move.
2. What does Max compare Gwen to on Christmas Eve?
(a) A Christmas decoration.
(b) An elf.
(c) Santa's wife.
(d) An angel.
3. Who does Max run into on the front lawn of the hospital?
(c) Tony D.
4. What is Max's father waiting on from Iggy to make his and Max's getaway?
(b) ID cards.
(c) A car.
5. Who does Max become when he finds out about Kevin's death?
(a) Max the Mighty.
(c) Killer Kane's son.
6. What does Loretta claim that Max's father is a "genius for"?
7. What does Max admit to his father that makes him let go of Loretta?
(a) That he saw him kill his mother.
(b) That he loves him.
(c) That he never should have gone to jail.
(d) That he hates him.
8. What is the name of Max's reading skills tutor?
9. Where does Mrs. Donelli wait for Max to go before asking him questions that she would no longer ask him in class?
(a) On the steps leaving school.
(b) Study hall.
(c) The hallways.
(d) The lunchroom.
10. What color shirt does Gwen wear to Christmas dinner at Max's house?
11. During his last conversation with Loretta, in Chapter 25, what does Loretta tell Max is a drag?
12. What does Max's father tell him that he cannot watch without crying?
(a) People holding hands.
(b) A sad movie.
(c) Someone playing the guitar.
(d) Children playing with their fathers.
13. What does Max's father do to ensure that Max does not run away from the "old bat's" apartment?
(a) Locks him in the windowless bathroom.
(b) Ties him up.
(c) Handcuffs him.
(d) Handcuffs him to himself.
14. What does Max claim is one of Gram's specialties; it just makes everything better?
(a) Raspberry jam.
(b) Mint sauce.
(c) Cranberry relish.
(d) Homemade butter.
15. What did students from Max and Kevin's school draw on the pictures from the paper?
(c) Buck teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the electronic gear Kevin is hooked up to in the hospital?
2. What does Kevin get Max for Christmas?
3. What does Max's father compare cops to in the beginning of Chapter 19?
4. How does the taste of blood in Max's mouth feel?
5. What does Max's father claim "those people did" to him, when he was telling Max about all the injustice he has faced?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)