|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who always says "You can't always judge a book by the cover"?
2. What does Max take with him to the hospital to visit Kevin?
(a) His dictionary.
(b) A burger for Kevin.
(c) A new book for Kevin.
(d) The ornithopter bird.
3. What shape of box is Max's present from Kevin wrapped in?
4. What does Gram ask Max if he has when they are talking about Kevin's trips to the doctor, after Max tells her that they are a team?
(a) A crutch.
(b) A journal.
(d) A brain.
5. How does "everybody" feel regarding the pictures in the paper detailing the kidnapping?
6. What does Kevin get Max for Christmas?
(a) A book on physics.
(b) A dictionary.
(c) A journal.
(d) A model bird.
7. What smell does Max first recognize when he enters "the other place" with his father?
(b) Rotten meat.
(d) Wet dog.
8. When does Kevin tell Max that he will be coming home from the ICU?
(a) In two weeks.
(b) In one week.
(c) In one month.
(d) Never; not in his present state.
9. What is sitting empty on top of the "old bat's" television- in the apartment that Max's father takes him to hide out?
(a) A cereal box.
(b) A fish bowl.
(c) A fruit bowl.
(d) A candy bowl.
10. What is Max's father waiting on from Iggy to make his and Max's getaway?
(a) A car.
(c) ID cards.
11. According to Max's father, what did he do to get to sleep every night in jail?
(b) Read the Bible.
(c) Write poetry.
12. How many presents does Gram allow everyone to open on Christmas Eve?
13. What is on the pages of the book that Kevin gives to Max in the ICU?
(a) Pictures of knights.
(b) Treasure maps.
(c) More definitions.
(d) Nothing; it is blank.
14. What does Max's father claim is "another crime against humanity"?
(a) Lying to Max.
(b) Sending him to jail.
(c) Hating him.
(d) Tearing up his letters.
15. Who does Max become when he finds out about Kevin's death?
(a) Max the Mighty.
(b) Killer Kane's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kevin say that he wants to live with when he tells Gwen to put him up for adoption?
2. On what day does Kevin go into the hospital after he has a seizure?
3. During his last conversation with Loretta, in Chapter 25, what does Loretta tell Max is a drag?
4. When Max finally falls asleep in the "old bat's" apartment, what does he dream of?
5. What nickname do the papers give Loretta after Killer Kane is caught?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)