|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Max's reading skills tutor?
2. What does Max admit to his father that makes him let go of Loretta?
(a) That he hates him.
(b) That he saw him kill his mother.
(c) That he loves him.
(d) That he never should have gone to jail.
3. Where does Mrs. Donelli wait for Max to go before asking him questions that she would no longer ask him in class?
(a) On the steps leaving school.
(b) The lunchroom.
(c) The hallways.
(d) Study hall.
4. What does Max's father tell him that he cannot watch without crying?
(a) Someone playing the guitar.
(b) People holding hands.
(c) A sad movie.
(d) Children playing with their fathers.
5. According to Max, what food does Kevin love?
(d) Chop suey.
6. What adjective does Max use to describe Kevin's voice when he is in the ICU?
7. What does Grim tell Max led him to realize that Max's father had him?
(a) A nightmare.
(b) A dream.
(c) A sick feeling.
(d) Footprints in the snow.
8. Once in the burned out basement, what does Max's father tie him to?
(a) A toilet.
(b) A rusty bed.
(c) A support beam.
(d) A boiler.
9. What does Loretta claim that Max's father is a "genius for"?
10. What does Kevin ask for during Christmas Eve dinner that makes Gram laugh so hard that she has a coughing fit?
(a) Green legs; green beans.
(c) Ham butt.
(d) Mushed taters.
11. What wakes Max up on Christmas Eve?
(a) An alarm.
(b) Someone breathing.
(c) HIs lights coming on.
(d) A door banging.
12. Who always says "You can't always judge a book by the cover"?
13. Who is pictured in the picture on the wall, the one with the eyes that follow "you" around?
(c) Mary mother of Jesus.
(d) Dogs playing poker.
14. What does Max's father compare cops to in the beginning of Chapter 19?
15. What color shirt does Gwen wear to Christmas dinner at Max's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max's father compare the old boarded up building to once he and Max get into it?
2. Once in the "old bat's" apartment, how does Max's father tell him to start acting?
3. During his last conversation with Loretta, in Chapter 25, what does Loretta tell Max is a drag?
4. What tune does Kevin play on his tracheotomy?
5. What does Max do whenever Mrs. Donelli asks him a question in class?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)