|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In daycare, what was Max's nickname?
2. What breaks on the object that Max and Kevin are playing with in Kevin's back yard in Chapter 3?
(a) The propeller.
(b) The elastic.
(c) The bridge.
(d) The tail.
3. According to Max, what do the tenements smell like?
(a) Dog poop.
(b) Bad eggs.
(d) Rotten meat.
4. When walking down a sidewalk in Chapter 9, what do Max and Kevin pretend they are crossing?
(a) A cave bottom.
(b) A rope over a canyon.
(c) A dangerous bridge.
(d) A desert.
5. What do many people call the New Tenements?
(a) The Holes.
(b) New Testaments.
(c) The Crypts.
(d) The New Hopelessness.
6. What does Loretta say is "in town" when she first sees Max and Kevin?
(a) The freak show.
(b) The crazies.
(c) The gypsies.
(d) The circus.
7. What is Max trying to figure out how to get on the first day of July?
(a) Flag shorts.
(b) An M80.
(c) A free pass for the the Fourth of July.
(d) A pop-gun.
8. When Gram talks about "Him", who is she referring to?
(b) Max's father.
(c) Max's brother.
(d) Max's grandfather.
9. What does Kevin tell Max to head for as part of his escape plan?
(a) The muck.
(d) The liquid safety net.
10. What name, that Kevin called Max, does he consider weird?
11. Who used Kevin's compass in the past?
(b) All of those named.
(c) Sir Gawain.
(d) The Black Knight.
12. What is Loretta wearing when she opens the door and finds Max and Kevin standing there?
(a) A robe.
(b) A shower curtain.
(c) A workout outfit.
(d) A towel.
13. What does Max admit that he is confused about when trying to lose Tony D and his crew?
(a) Left and right.
(b) Under and over.
(c) North and south.
(d) Up and down.
14. What name does Max hate the most?
(a) The one.
15. Why does Kevin tell Max that they need to head East in Chapter 9?
(a) They are giong to find a pot of gold.
(b) They are going on a secret mission.
(c) They are going to look for Tony D.
(d) They are looking for a magical lizard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Max move to get away from Tony and his gang when he is in the millpond?
2. What does sobriquet mean?
3. What is the name of the 17-year-old boy who threatens Max and Kevin on the Fourth of July?
4. When telling Max of his reward for reaching the Fortress, what does Kevin call Max?
5. What color is Loretta's hair?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)