|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kevin tell Iggy that they found Loretta's purse?
(a) In a trash can.
(b) In an alley.
(c) In a storm drain.
(d) On a playground.
2. How does Kevin describe Tony and his gang when they run from the cops after chasing Max and Kevin into the millpond?
(a) "Wimps on wheels."
(b) "Losers on lightening bolts."
(c) "Tires on the tarmack."
(d) "Snakes on sneakers."
3. What does sobriquet mean?
(d) Medical problem.
4. When walking down a sidewalk in Chapter 9, what do Max and Kevin pretend they are crossing?
(a) A rope over a canyon.
(b) A desert.
(c) A dangerous bridge.
(d) A cave bottom.
5. What does Grim give to Max that surprises him, given it is something that he is not allowed to have?
(a) Cheese covered popcorn.
(c) A sip of a beer.
(d) A soda; Grim doesn't know the police already gave Max one.
6. In daycare, what was Max's nickname?
7. What breaks on the object that Max and Kevin are playing with in Kevin's back yard in Chapter 3?
(a) The tail.
(b) The elastic.
(c) The propeller.
(d) The bridge.
8. What does Kevin call Max's foot when they are imagining that they are walking on a dangerous path?
(b) Battle axe.
9. What does Max recall Grim holding in his hand in an old Army picture?
(a) A beer.
(b) A letter from Gram.
(c) A flower.
(d) A gun.
10. After crawling like a "kindergarten creeper", what does Kevin bring out from under his steps?
(a) A wagon.
(b) A kite.
(c) A rope.
(d) A BB gun.
11. What does Max describe as being in his stomach after he agrees to have dinner with Kevin and Gwen?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A foot.
(c) A hand.
(d) A frog.
12. In Chapter 3, how does Max describe how Kevin talks?
(a) Like a doctor.
(b) Right out of a dictionary.
(c) Like a news reporter.
(d) Like an adult.
13. What does Kevin say "is just a state of mind"?
14. What do many people call the New Tenements?
(a) The Crypts.
(b) New Testaments.
(c) The New Hopelessness.
(d) The Holes.
15. What does Kevin tell Max is dangerous when they are discussing the robotic transplant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Max trying to figure out how to get on the first day of July?
2. What name does Max hate the most?
3. Where does Kevin make Max put his hand, with spit in it, for their promise?
4. Why is Max crying at the end of Chapter 5?
5. At the closing of Chapter 3, what does Kevin say one can remember?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)