|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kevin describe Tony and his gang when they run from the cops after chasing Max and Kevin into the millpond?
(a) "Wimps on wheels."
(b) "Tires on the tarmack."
(c) "Losers on lightening bolts."
(d) "Snakes on sneakers."
2. Who used Kevin's compass in the past?
(b) The Black Knight.
(c) Sir Gawain.
(d) All of those named.
3. What is Kevin waving his crutch at when Max looks over the fence at him?
(a) A dog.
(b) A tree.
(c) A cat.
(d) A plant.
4. What is the first thing Max says to Kevin when they first meet in Kevin's backyard?
(a) "Please help me."
(b) "Oh, it talks."
(c) "What are you looking at?"
(d) "NO!!! You are going to break it."
5. What does Max admit that he is confused about when trying to lose Tony D and his crew?
(a) Under and over.
(b) North and south.
(c) Up and down.
(d) Left and right.
6. Why does Gwen tell Max that she and his parents were all living in the tenements when he and Kevin were born?
(a) It was close to work for Gwen and his mother.
(b) It was close to the bus station.
(c) It was close to daycare.
(d) It was cheap.
7. What do Tony and his gang begin to throw at Max and Kevin when they are in the millpond?
(a) Empty bottles.
(c) Beer cans.
8. What is the reason Kevin gives Max for his mother running away from him like she did?
(a) Because Max is so big.
(b) Because Max looks like his father.
(c) Because she doesn't like basements.
(d) Because she is afraid of men; Max looked like a man.
9. When Max and Kevin approach the apartment in the tenements, what does a hand reach out and grab?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A key.
10. What does Iggy call Max when he tells Kevin and Max to come inside his apartment?
(b) Jolly Green Giant.
(d) Bean stalk.
11. What does Kevin make Max swear on when telling him about the medical research building's experiments?
(b) Max's life.
(d) Kevin's life.
12. Why does Max think Kevin is so small physically?
(a) Because his mouth is so large.
(b) Because his brain is so large.
(c) Because his feet are so large.
(d) Because his imagination is so large.
13. What does Max say the smell of makes a person thirsty?
14. What did Max say Freak hit a kid with, when he first remembers seeing him?
(a) A crutch.
(b) A bat.
(c) A leg brace.
(d) A walker.
15. What does Max compare Kevin's breathing to on his first visit to Max's room?
(a) A dog.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A snake.
(d) A slinky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freak say is a "great invention of the mind"?
2. In Chapter 8, what does Grim call Max that surprises him, given Grim NEVER calls him by the name?
3. What does Max describe being "in" when he is laying on the floor of his room after Gwen runs out with Kevin in Chapter 5?
4. Where does Kevin make Max put his hand, with spit in it, for their promise?
5. What does Gram always say, which Max believes means something to her?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)