|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Max describe Grim and Gram's heads?
(a) As pointy.
(b) As square.
(c) As football shaped.
(d) As if they were covered by wet paper bags.
2. What is the name of the 17-year-old boy who threatens Max and Kevin on the Fourth of July?
(a) Johny R.
(b) Slim Tim.
(c) Tony D.
(d) David T.
3. What does Iggy call Max when he tells Kevin and Max to come inside his apartment?
(a) Bean stalk.
(b) Jolly Green Giant.
4. What does Gram always say, which Max believes means something to her?
(a) "Well, well."
(b) "Well strike me numb."
(d) "I see."
5. Who used Kevin's compass in the past?
(a) Sir Gawain.
(b) The Black Knight.
(c) All of those named.
6. What word does Gwen use to describe how she feels about Max and Kevin being friends, according to the relayed message for Max?
7. What do the police officers give to Max and Kevin after saving them from Tony and his gang?
(c) Snickers bars.
8. What name does Max hate the most?
(a) The one.
9. After first seeing Freak, in what grade did Max run into him again?
10. When did Max get his first look at Freak?
(a) At a funeral.
(b) In first grade.
(c) In daycare.
(d) At a yard sale.
11. What is Kevin trying to get that he is waving his crutch at?
(a) A paper airplane.
(b) A plastic bird.
(c) A ball.
(d) A kite.
12. After telling Max that the initial promise is not good enough, what does Kevin tell Max he must swear by?
13. What does Kevin tell Max to head for as part of his escape plan?
(a) The muck.
(d) The liquid safety net.
14. What does Kevin call Max when he asks for "Warp factor nine"?
(a) "O mighty beast."
15. What does Grim call Gram (it is not her real name)?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max say Iggy's beard looks like it is made out of?
2. What does Loretta say is "in town" when she first sees Max and Kevin?
3. What breaks on the object that Max and Kevin are playing with in Kevin's back yard in Chapter 3?
4. What number person is Kevin going to be to receive a robotic transplant?
5. What is the name of King Arthur's queen?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)