|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Max says to Kevin when they first meet in Kevin's backyard?
(a) "NO!!! You are going to break it."
(b) "What are you looking at?"
(c) "Oh, it talks."
(d) "Please help me."
2. When did Max get his first look at Freak?
(a) At a funeral.
(b) In daycare.
(c) In first grade.
(d) At a yard sale.
3. In Chapter 3, how does Max describe how Kevin talks?
(a) Like a news reporter.
(b) Like an adult.
(c) Like a doctor.
(d) Right out of a dictionary.
4. What is Kevin waving his crutch at when Max looks over the fence at him?
(a) A cat.
(b) A tree.
(c) A plant.
(d) A dog.
5. What did Max say Freak hit a kid with, when he first remembers seeing him?
(a) A bat.
(b) A walker.
(c) A crutch.
(d) A leg brace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Max say Freak was hooked on "even back then"?
2. What does Max slide over to "get a better angle on the scene" in Chapter 3?
3. What nickname was Max given when he was in third grade?
4. What is the scientific name of the object Max rescues for Kevin?
5. At the closing of Chapter 3, what does Kevin say one can remember?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)