|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Max compare Kevin's breathing to on his first visit to Max's room?
(a) A slinky.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A snake.
(d) A dog.
2. What does Max compare a pencil in his hand to?
(a) A twig.
(c) A pin.
(d) A thread.
3. What does Gram always say, which Max believes means something to her?
(a) "Well, well."
(c) "I see."
(d) "Well strike me numb."
4. What wakes Max up on Christmas Eve?
(a) Someone breathing.
(b) HIs lights coming on.
(c) A door banging.
(d) An alarm.
5. What is Loretta wearing when she opens the door and finds Max and Kevin standing there?
(a) A workout outfit.
(b) A robe.
(c) A shower curtain.
(d) A towel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Max feel the need to kick people in daycare?
2. Where does Mrs. Donelli wait for Max to go before asking him questions that she would no longer ask him in class?
3. What does Kevin declare "is a toxic waste of time"?
4. What is Max trying to figure out how to get on the first day of July?
5. According to Max, who lives in the New Tenements?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)