|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gwen tell Max that she and his parents were all living in the tenements when he and Kevin were born?
(a) It was close to the bus station.
(b) It was close to daycare.
(c) It was cheap.
(d) It was close to work for Gwen and his mother.
2. According to Max, what do the tenements smell like?
(b) Bad eggs.
(c) Dog poop.
(d) Rotten meat.
3. According to Max, who lives in the New Tenements?
(b) Poor people.
(c) Rich people.
4. What does Max's father claim "those people did" to him, when he was telling Max about all the injustice he has faced?
(a) Stole his heart.
(b) Stole his son.
(c) Stole his dreams.
(d) Stole his life.
5. Once in the "old bat's" apartment, how does Max's father tell him to start acting?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Kevin offer Iggy to allow Max and him to leave in Chapter 12?
2. What does Loretta say is "in town" when she first sees Max and Kevin?
3. What color is Loretta's hair?
4. Why does Max think Kevin is so small physically?
5. What does Max's father do to ensure that Max does not run away from the "old bat's" apartment?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)