|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Roosevelt Reconstruction: Retrospect.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the popular radio pastor in "Waiting for Lefty" who first supports Roosevelt but begins to waver soon after the election?
(a) Reverend Short.
(b) Reverend Coughlin.
(c) Reverend Morgan.
(d) Reverend Gabriel.
2. For the 1940 campaign, who does Roosevelt pick as his new running mate?
(a) Henry Wallace.
(b) John Garner.
(c) Harry Hopkins.
(d) Jimmie Byrnes.
3. As "Over the Top" concludes, Leuchtenburg reports that by the spring of 1934 there were twice as many men working as the year before in which city?
(a) St. Louis.
(c) Des Moines.
(d) New York.
4. On October 11, 1938, Roosevelt announced a build up for how much to American armaments, a response to a speech by Hitler?
(a) $600 billion.
(b) $500 thousand.
(c) $250 million.
(d) $300 million.
5. According to the end of "The Politics of Hard Times," what is the final Electoral College tally by which Roosevelt defeats Hoover?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many deutsche marks are Jews in Germany fined by the Nazis after a young Polish Jew murders the third secretary of the German Embassy in Paris in November of 1938.
2. In May 1934 the US signs a treaty that abolishes the Platt Amendment with which of the following countries?
3. In response to Roosevelt's 1937 attempt to reorganize the Supreme Court, which of the following justices retires?
4. As "The Politics of Hard Times" opens, how many years does Leuchtenburg say Hoover has been President?
5. Which of the following railroads does "The Politics of Hard Times" mention as a common ride for homeless Americans in search of work?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)