|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Roosevelt Reconstruction: Retrospect.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following individuals is the most dominant figure in the Temporary National Economic Committee created in "Stalemate"?
(a) Joseph O'Mahoney.
(b) Hugo Black.
(c) Thurman Arnold.
(d) Walton Hamilton.
2. In response to Roosevelt's 1937 attempt to reorganize the Supreme Court, which of the following justices retires?
(b) Van Devanter.
3. Which of the following politicians is from Massachusetts and laments that the creation of the Tennessee Valley Authority is a "Soviet dream" in 1933?
(a) Joe Martin.
(b) George Norris.
(c) James Warburg.
(d) Hugo Black.
4. The National Industrial Recovery Act, which Roosevelt signs on June 16, 1933, provides how much in funding for public works?
(a) $400 thousand.
(b) $1.5 million.
(c) $3.3 billion.
(d) $6.5 trillion.
5. When discussing Roosevelt's disability, Leuchtenburg mentions that the President has been unable to walk unassisted since which year?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the election of 1938, how many seats do Republicans pick up in the House of Representatives?
2. In "Winter of Despair" a group of fifty-five men is charged with dismantling and carrying away a whole four-story building in which of the following cities?
3. As more and more American workers organize themselves into labor unions in 1933-35, Roosevelt is faced with having to decide what which provision of the National Industrial Recovery Act actually means?
4. Which of the following groups breaks with Roosevelt at its convention in May 1935 and renounces the New Deal?
5. After the 1938 elections, Roosevelt points out that despite Republican gains in Congress he is still the first two-term President to retain control of Congress since which of the following?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)