|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Roosevelt Reconstruction: Retrospect.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When discussing how to justify Roosevelt's war policy to the American people, General Marshall points out that the US has only how many planes available?
2. In his attempt to adapt the Reconstruction Finance Corporation to the New Deal, Roosevelt puts a Texas banker in charge. What is that man's name?
(a) Jesse Jones.
(b) Harold Ickes.
(c) Lewis Mumford.
(d) Ballinger Pinchot.
3. On which of the following dates does the special session of Congress convene in "The Hundred Days' War"?
(a) February 25.
(b) April 15.
(c) March 9.
(d) May 22.
4. For the 1940 campaign, who does Roosevelt pick as his new running mate?
(a) John Garner.
(b) Harry Hopkins.
(c) Henry Wallace.
(d) Jimmie Byrnes.
5. Which of the following individuals laments in "Stalemate" that Thomas Jefferson would not have spoken to the Democrats?
(a) Carter Glass.
(b) Maury Maverick.
(c) Josiah Bailey.
(d) Harry Byrd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the political organization Huey Long founds in January of 1934?
2. According to "Winter of Despair," on a single day in April 1932 an entire 1/4 of which state went up for auction?
3. On which of the following days in May of 1935 does the Supreme Court strike down the National Industrial Recovery Act in a 9-0 decision?
4. Toward the end of his term, Hoover orders a Senate investigation into the financial crisis. Which of the following men is chosen to lead this investigation?
5. Which of the following individuals is a publisher who asks Roosevelt for a "breathing spell" at the close of the 1935 Congressional session?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)