|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fascist Challenge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In January of 1934 the first of a few challengers for Roosevelt springs up. What is the name of the challenger who proposes the Old Age Revolving Pensions plan?
(a) Homer Martin.
(b) Milo Reno.
(c) Frank Walsh.
(d) Francis Townsend.
2. Leuchtenburg describes an incident where about 50 people fight over a barrel of garbage left at the back door of a restaurant. In which city does this take place?
(b) St. Louis.
3. According to "The Hundred Days' War," how long does it take after Roosevelt's inauguration for the country to shift from apathy to expectation?
(a) 9 weeks.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 year.
4. During the Blue Eagle parade in New York City, Roosevelt remarks that there is a unity sweeping America that has not been seen since what year?
5. When discussing Roosevelt's personality, which of the following individuals is the Under Secretary of State and says the President seems to have multiple personalities?
(a) Anne O'Hare McCormick.
(b) William Phillips.
(c) Roy Howard.
(d) Edwin Markham.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Winter of Despair," which of the following words appears most frequently in the writings of New Deal theorists?
2. When discussing the plight of homeless and jobless Americans in 1932, Leuchtenburg mentions that two hundred men would huddle over fires in which of the following states?
3. In 1934, Secretary Wallace is extremely relieved when he is able to slacken crop restriction due to which of the following natural disasters?
4. In which of the following cities does the American Federation of Labor hold its 1934 convention?
5. As "Over the Top" opens, Roosevelt appoints which of the following individuals to head the Recovery Administration?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)