|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Sea of Troubles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Roosevelt asks Congress for legislation to regulate the Stock Exchange in February of 1934, which of the following men--President of the Stock Exchange--is outraged?
(a) John Raskob.
(b) James Forrestal.
(c) Richard Whitney.
(d) Henry Morgenthau.
2. In response to Roosevelt's 1937 attempt to reorganize the Supreme Court, which of the following justices retires?
(a) Van Devanter.
3. In March of 1934 the House of Representatives passes the Trade Agreements Act. By what margin does the bill pass?
4. In "A Sea of Troubles," which of the following individuals is the hero of the antimonopolists who was reported to have predicted a recession within 6 months in 1937?
(a) Leon Henderson.
(b) Robert Jackson.
(c) Arthur Salter.
(d) Myron Taylor.
5. After the election of 1932, which of the following magazines promotes the idea of giving Roosevelt dictatorial powers to fix the economy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following individuals had Roosevelt appointed as Governor of the Federal Reserve Board in 1934 who began pushing for a major banking bill in February of 1935?
2. After the International Economic Conference in London in 1933, Roosevelt notes that which major economist had been "magnificently right"?
3. According to the end of "The Politics of Hard Times," what is the final Electoral College tally by which Roosevelt defeats Hoover?
4. In the summer of 1934 the Industrial Association decides to break a strike using force in which of the following port cities?
5. In which of the following cities does Roosevelt accuse Hoover of being "the greatest spending Administration in peace times in all our history" during the 1932 Presidential campaign?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)