|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Waiting for Lefty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1934, Secretary Wallace is extremely relieved when he is able to slacken crop restriction due to which of the following natural disasters?
2. According to "Winter of Despair," U.S. Steel employed 225,000 full-time workers in 1929. How many employees are full time by April of 1933?
3. When asked why he kept a family going on credit, a Philadelphia storekeeper told a reporter that there were how many children in the family's house with no shoes?
4. During the labor strikes of 1934, in which of the following cities do taxi cab drivers burn a hundred taxis?
(a) Atlantic City.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) Des Moines.
5. Pecora's investigation into the House of Morgan partners in May of 1933--and the subsequent income tax revelations--leads Congress to pass which of the following bills?
(a) Economy Act.
(b) Wagner Act.
(c) Glass-Steagall Act.
(d) Gold Reserve Act.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Roosevelt's inauguration approaches, he increasingly favors the ideas of which major economist?
2. According to "Winter of Despair," on a single day in April 1932 an entire 1/4 of which state went up for auction?
3. In January of 1934 the first of a few challengers for Roosevelt springs up. What is the name of the challenger who proposes the Old Age Revolving Pensions plan?
4. As "Waiting for Lefty" opens, in which of the following cities is City Hall attacked by a mob of 6 thousand people?
5. After the 1932 election, Roosevelt's Brain Trust argues that the market theories of which major economist have vanished forever?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)