|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Waiting for Lefty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When discussing Senator Huey Long of Louisiana, Leuchtenburg mentions that Long loves his nickname of what?
2. Leuchtenburg describes an incident where about 50 people fight over a barrel of garbage left at the back door of a restaurant. In which city does this take place?
(d) St. Louis.
3. In which of the following cities does "Winter of Despair" say unpaid teachers faint in their classrooms due to lack of food?
(c) New York City.
(d) Washington, D.C.
4. Which of the following politicians is from Nebraska and leads the fight for the Tennessee Valley Authority in the first few months of 1933?
(a) George Norris.
(b) Joe Martin.
(c) James Warburg.
(d) Hugo Black.
5. As Roosevelt's inauguration approaches, he increasingly favors the ideas of which major economist?
(a) John Maynard Keynes.
(b) Alfred Marshall.
(c) John Stuart Mill.
(d) Adam Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following individuals switches California's votes to Roosevelt during the 1932 Democratic convention, thus making Roosevelt the Democratic candidate?
2. In which of the following cities does Roosevelt accept the Democratic nomination for President after the 1932 convention?
3. In "The Hundred Days' War" Ferdinand Pecora's Senate investigation into Wall Street reveals that twenty partners of House of Morgan have not paid income tax in how long?
4. Which of the following individuals is a member of the "Brain Trust" and continues to serve as an adviser after the 1932 election, when that group disbands?
5. "Iron Age" reports during the summer of 1932 that steel plants are operating at what percent of their capacity?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)