|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Over the Top.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The National Industrial Recovery Act, which Roosevelt signs on June 16, 1933, provides how much in funding for public works?
(a) $6.5 trillion.
(b) $1.5 million.
(c) $400 thousand.
(d) $3.3 billion.
2. Which of the following individuals is a member of the "Brain Trust" and continues to serve as an adviser after the 1932 election, when that group disbands?
(a) Samuel Rosenman.
(b) Basil O'Connor.
(c) James Kieran.
(d) Raymond Moley.
3. According to the end of "The Politics of Hard Times," what is the final Electoral College tally by which Roosevelt defeats Hoover?
4. In Roosevelt's speech at the beginning of "The Hundred Days' War" he states that the nation is not stricken by any plague of which of the following pests?
5. According to "Winter of Despair," on a single day in April 1932 an entire 1/4 of which state went up for auction?
(b) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Winter of Despair" mentions all but which of the following individuals as progressives who oppose deficit spending?
2. Pecora's investigation into the House of Morgan partners in May of 1933--and the subsequent income tax revelations--leads Congress to pass which of the following bills?
3. After the election in November of 1932, during which month is Roosevelt inaugurated?
4. "The Politics of Hard Times" reports that as the party in power, which political party faced almost certain defeat in the 1932 election?
5. According to "Winter of Despair," which of the following words appears most frequently in the writings of New Deal theorists?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)