|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Over the Top.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which of the following dates does the special session of Congress convene in "The Hundred Days' War"?
(a) April 15.
(b) March 9.
(c) May 22.
(d) February 25.
2. After the election in November of 1932, during which month is Roosevelt inaugurated?
3. After the 1932 election, Roosevelt's Brain Trust argues that the market theories of which major economist have vanished forever?
(a) Alfred Marshall.
(b) John Maynard Keynes.
(c) John Stuart Mill.
(d) Adam Smith.
4. Which of the following politicians is from Massachusetts and laments that the creation of the Tennessee Valley Authority is a "Soviet dream" in 1933?
(a) Joe Martin.
(b) James Warburg.
(c) George Norris.
(d) Hugo Black.
5. As "The Politics of Hard Times" opens, how many years does Leuchtenburg say Hoover has been President?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following railroads does "The Politics of Hard Times" mention as a common ride for homeless Americans in search of work?
2. In "The Politics of Hard Times," which of the following individuals says that Roosevelt is "a pleasant man who, without any important qualifications for the office, would very much like to be President"?
3. According to "The Hundred Days' War," how long does it take after Roosevelt's inauguration for the country to shift from apathy to expectation?
4. According to "Winter of Despair," U.S. Steel employed 225,000 full-time workers in 1929. How many employees are full time by April of 1933?
5. When Roosevelt asks Congress for legislation to regulate the Stock Exchange in February of 1934, which of the following men--President of the Stock Exchange--is outraged?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)