|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Over the Top.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days does it take Congress to pass the economy bill in March 1933?
2. Upon receiving his appointment from Roosevelt, the new head of the Recovery Administration memorably remarks that it will be "red fire at first" and dead what afterward?
3. As "Over the Top" opens, Roosevelt appoints which of the following individuals to head the Recovery Administration?
(a) Felix Frankfurter.
(b) Jerome Frank.
(c) Sherwood Anderson.
(d) Hugh Johnson.
4. When Roosevelt asks Congress for legislation to regulate the Stock Exchange in February of 1934, which of the following men--President of the Stock Exchange--is outraged?
(a) Henry Morgenthau.
(b) James Forrestal.
(c) Richard Whitney.
(d) John Raskob.
5. After the ordered destruction of the 1933 cotton crop, Americans are horrified when 6 million of which baby animal are next ordered to slaughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following individuals commits suicide in March of 1932 and is proved a swindler of $100,000,000 in bonds a month after his death?
2. During the Blue Eagle parade in New York City, Roosevelt remarks that there is a unity sweeping America that has not been seen since what year?
3. In which of the following cities does Roosevelt accept the Democratic nomination for President after the 1932 convention?
4. Leuchtenburg describes an incident where about 50 people fight over a barrel of garbage left at the back door of a restaurant. In which city does this take place?
5. As "The Politics of Hard Times" opens, how many years does Leuchtenburg say Hoover has been President?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)