|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fascist Challenge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In September of 1935, which of Roosevelt's political critics is shot and killed by Dr. Carl Austin Weiss?
(a) Rev. Coughlin.
(b) Dean Acheson.
(c) Huey Long.
(d) Doctor Townsend.
2. According to "Winter of Despair," on a single day in April 1932 an entire 1/4 of which state went up for auction?
(b) New Mexico.
3. In the summer of 1934 the Industrial Association decides to break a strike using force in which of the following port cities?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
4. When the Bankhead-Jones Farm Tenancy Act is approved, it creates the Farm Security Administration to provide loans to farmers. In what year does this measure pass?
5. Which of the following individuals proposes the non-recognition solution to Manchuria in January 1932?
(a) William Dodd.
(b) George Messersmith.
(c) Henry Stimson.
(d) Frederick L. Schuman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following politicians is from Massachusetts and laments that the creation of the Tennessee Valley Authority is a "Soviet dream" in 1933?
2. Which of the following individuals proposes a federal wages and hours law in May 1937?
3. Which of the following individuals is a reporter who remarks that Roosevelt seems far more serene than European leaders in the beginning of "The New Deal at High Tide"?
4. Toward the end of his term, Hoover orders a Senate investigation into the financial crisis. Which of the following men is chosen to lead this investigation?
5. In "One Third of a Nation" Leuchtenburg discusses the poor migrants who headed west and became the basis for a famous novel by which author?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)