|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fascist Challenge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the secret terror group discovered in 1936 in Detroit during a routine police investigation?
(a) Black Legion.
(b) Black Front.
(c) White Front.
(d) White Legion.
2. Leuchtenburg describes an incident where about 50 people fight over a barrel of garbage left at the back door of a restaurant. In which city does this take place?
(a) St. Louis.
3. In 1938, which of the following individuals wages a white-supremacy campaign in his home state of South Carolina to the disgust of Roosevelt and the New Dealers?
(a) Aubrey Williams.
(b) John O'Connor.
(c) Cotton Ed Smith.
(d) Harry Hopkins.
4. Which of the following individuals switches California's votes to Roosevelt during the 1932 Democratic convention, thus making Roosevelt the Democratic candidate?
(a) William McAdoo.
(b) John Nance Garner.
(c) J. Hamilton Lewis.
(d) Melvin J. Traylor.
5. As "Over the Top" opens, Roosevelt appoints which of the following individuals to head the Recovery Administration?
(a) Hugh Johnson.
(b) Jerome Frank.
(c) Sherwood Anderson.
(d) Felix Frankfurter.
Short Answer Questions
1. On which of the following days in May of 1935 does the Supreme Court strike down the National Industrial Recovery Act in a 9-0 decision?
2. After the 1936 farm law proves unworkable, Wallace resists attempts to deregulate production in the hopes of being like which of the following Old Testament characters?
3. Which of the following individuals is Roosevelt's Secretary of State who tries to lower trade barriers in "A Farewell to Arms"?
4. The quote from Harold Clurman at the beginning of "Winter of Despair" states that people could smell what in the air during the winter of 1932-33?
5. After the 1938 elections, Roosevelt points out that despite Republican gains in Congress he is still the first two-term President to retain control of Congress since which of the following?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)