|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Over the Top.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When discussing his time as Governor, Leuchtenburg says that Roosevelt accomplishes gains in all but which of the following areas?
(a) Industrial welfare.
(c) Immigration reform.
(d) Unemployment relief.
2. As Roosevelt's inauguration approaches, he increasingly favors the ideas of which major economist?
(a) John Maynard Keynes.
(b) Alfred Marshall.
(c) Adam Smith.
(d) John Stuart Mill.
3. When Secretary Wallace sends out a questionnaire to cotton farmers asking their opinion of compulsory crop reduction, he finds that what percentage favor the plan?
4. "Winter of Despair" mentions all but which of the following individuals as progressives who oppose deficit spending?
(a) Robert La Follette.
(b) Fiorello La Guardia.
(c) Robert Wagner.
(d) Bernard Baruch.
5. Which of the following politicians is from Nebraska and leads the fight for the Tennessee Valley Authority in the first few months of 1933?
(a) George Norris.
(b) Joe Martin.
(c) Hugo Black.
(d) James Warburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1934, Secretary Wallace is extremely relieved when he is able to slacken crop restriction due to which of the following natural disasters?
2. In "The Politics of Hard Times," which of the following individuals says that Roosevelt is "a pleasant man who, without any important qualifications for the office, would very much like to be President"?
3. According to "Winter of Despair," which of the following individuals works for The New York Times and first coins the phrase "brain trust" in reference to Roosevelt's advisers?
4. How many people tuned in to their radios on March 12, 1933, to hear the first of Roosevelt's famous Fireside Chats?
5. "The Politics of Hard Times" reports that as the party in power, which political party faced almost certain defeat in the 1932 election?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)