|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Deal at High Tide.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The 1935 Banking Act aims to bring all large state banks under the jurisdiction of the Federal Reserve Board by requiring them to join the Federal Reserve System by what year?
2. After the election in November of 1932, during which month is Roosevelt inaugurated?
3. In the summer of 1934 the Industrial Association decides to break a strike using force in which of the following port cities?
(a) New York.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) San Francisco.
4. In which of the following cities does "Winter of Despair" say unpaid teachers faint in their classrooms due to lack of food?
(a) New York City.
(b) Washington, D.C.
5. Which of the following individuals considers himself the founder of the Federal Reserve Board and strongly disagrees with the February 1935 banking bill?
(a) James P. Warburg.
(b) Carter Glass.
(c) Lauchlin Currie.
(d) Marriner Eccles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toward the end of his term, Hoover orders a Senate investigation into the financial crisis. Which of the following men is chosen to lead this investigation?
2. During the Blue Eagle parade in New York City, Roosevelt remarks that there is a unity sweeping America that has not been seen since what year?
3. In 1934, Secretary Wallace is extremely relieved when he is able to slacken crop restriction due to which of the following natural disasters?
4. As "Waiting for Lefty" opens, in which of the following cities is City Hall attacked by a mob of 6 thousand people?
5. When Roosevelt asks Congress for legislation to regulate the Stock Exchange in February of 1934, which of the following men--President of the Stock Exchange--is outraged?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)