|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The New Deal at High Tide.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Roosevelt asks Congress for legislation to regulate the Stock Exchange in February of 1934, which of the following men--President of the Stock Exchange--is outraged?
(a) James Forrestal.
(b) Richard Whitney.
(c) Henry Morgenthau.
(d) John Raskob.
2. Just prior to the passage of the Rural Electrification Administration in May of 1935, for every 10 American farms how many are without electricity?
3. As "Over the Top" opens, Roosevelt appoints which of the following individuals to head the Recovery Administration?
(a) Felix Frankfurter.
(b) Jerome Frank.
(c) Hugh Johnson.
(d) Sherwood Anderson.
4. Which of the following individuals is a publisher who asks Roosevelt for a "breathing spell" at the close of the 1935 Congressional session?
(a) Roy Howard.
(b) William Phillips.
(c) Anne O'Hare McCormick.
(d) Edwin Markham.
5. Which of the following individuals considers himself the founder of the Federal Reserve Board and strongly disagrees with the February 1935 banking bill?
(a) Marriner Eccles.
(b) Carter Glass.
(c) Lauchlin Currie.
(d) James P. Warburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. As more and more American workers organize themselves into labor unions in 1933-35, Roosevelt is faced with having to decide what which provision of the National Industrial Recovery Act actually means?
2. When discussing Senator Huey Long of Louisiana, Leuchtenburg mentions that Long loves his nickname of what?
3. In January 1936, Al Smith charges at a Liberty League banquet in Washington that the Roosevelt administration is disguising itself as all but which of the following?
4. In 1936 Roosevelt speaks at the Democratic Convention in Philadelphia. As he makes his way onto the stage, he falls while trying to shake the hand of which individual?
5. According to "Winter of Despair," on a single day in April 1932 an entire 1/4 of which state went up for auction?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)