|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stalemate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following pieces of legislation did Roosevelt not insist Congress pass before they adjourned in June of 1935?
(a) Wagner bill.
(b) Banking bill.
(c) Housing bill.
(d) Social Security.
2. In "The Second Hundred Days" Leuchtenburg notes that because of the Rural Electrification Administration, for every 10 American farms how many have electricity by 1950?
3. When Secretary Wallace sends out a questionnaire to cotton farmers asking their opinion of compulsory crop reduction, he finds that what percentage favor the plan?
4. The 1935 Banking Act aims to bring all large state banks under the jurisdiction of the Federal Reserve Board by requiring them to join the Federal Reserve System by what year?
5. Which of the following new taxes does Roosevelt not propose to Congress in June of 1935?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the ordered destruction of the 1933 cotton crop, Americans are horrified when 6 million of which baby animal are next ordered to slaughter?
2. On which of the following days in May of 1935 does the Supreme Court strike down the National Industrial Recovery Act in a 9-0 decision?
3. As "The Second Hundred Days" opens, New Dealers worry that all but which of the following conservative Supreme Court justices might deem the New Deal unconstitutional?
4. After the 1936 farm law proves unworkable, Wallace resists attempts to deregulate production in the hopes of being like which of the following Old Testament characters?
5. Justice Louis Brandeis tells Roosevelt in 1935 that he must return to regulated competition, the "little unit." To which other president had Brandeis given this advice?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)