|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city reminds Victor of Chamounix?
2. In Chapter 20, why is Victor taken to the magistrate?
(a) The magistrate can help him find his way back to his home.
(b) He is thought to be a murderer.
(c) He wants to report the threats made against him by the creature.
(d) He needs to make a report about the accident that could have resulted in his death.
3. How did the creature imagine the woman in the portrait would feel if she ever set eyes on him?
(a) She would fall instantly in love with him.
(b) She would turn in disgust.
(c) She would be kinder than the others.
(d) She would be frightened, but would give him a chance to show his gentle side.
4. Besides money, what does Victor take with him when he leaves Geneva?
(a) His father’s ashes.
(b) Jewels that belonged to his mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) A collection of Elizabeth’s belongings.
5. What did Safie’s father do for a living?
(a) He was a merchant.
(b) He was a barrister.
(c) He was a pastor.
(d) He was a politician.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long is Victor ill after learning of Henry’s death?
2. What does Victor think of when he looks at his creature’s face?
3. Why Victor decide to dispose of the second creature’s body?
4. In what month does Victor first see the white cliffs of Britain?
5. What does Victor tell Walton when he discusses his feelings about his impending death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Safie’s father offer Felix her hand in marriage and then take her to Turkey?
2. In Chapter 20, what threat does the creature make against Victor?
3. What does Victor see at the beginning of Chapter 20 that frightens him and determines him not to finish creating the creature’s companion?
4. What changes in the lives of the cottagers in Chapter 13?
5. Why does Elizabeth console Victor as they travel to the inn at Evian on their wedding night?
6. Who does Victor learn he has been accused of killing? Who does Victor think is the real murderer?
7. Why did Safie come in search of Felix, as described in Chapter 14?
8. What happened to Safie’s traveling companion when they were just a short distance from the cottagers?
9. What does the creature find in the clothing he took from Frankenstein that alerts him to the way in which he came to life? How does this make him feel?
10. How do Agatha and Safie respond to the creature when they find him speaking with Mr. DeLacey?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)