|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age did Victor’s parents decide he should go to university?
2. To what does Victor compare his creature when he wakes to find the creature watching him?
(a) A butchered cow.
(b) A mummy.
(c) A long dead animal.
(d) A ghost.
3. To whom is Robert Walton writing letters in the Opening Letters?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
4. To where did the creature flee when he first left Frankenstein’s rooms after his awakening?
(a) An abandoned cottage.
(b) A nearby hospital.
(c) The forest outside Ingolstadt.
(d) The Chamounix Valley.
5. How long before William’s death did Elizabeth place a locket around his neck?
(a) An hour.
(b) One month.
(c) A year.
(d) A few days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victor dream about in the hours after he first animates his creature?
2. What aspect of the recent events weighs most heavily on Elizabeth?
3. What does Victor tell Robert Walton that he feels a slave of?
4. How long after his parents’ marriage was Victor born?
5. What does the creature want from Victor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Victor rush his journey home at the beginning of Chapter 7? What changes to cause him to delay his trip for a few days?
2. When Victor recovers from his illness and visits the school to make introductions, how does he feel about his familiar classrooms and his beloved philosophy studies?
3. Who sends Victor a letter in Chapter 6 that soothes him from his exhaustion and obsession?
4. Why does Victor fall into a depression in Chapter 9?
5. Why is Robert Walton pleased when Victor Frankenstein is brought aboard ship?
6. Who confesses to William’s murder? What significant discovery is made about this confession?
7. What is thought to be the motive for William’s murder? Why?
8. Why does Victor decide to take a trip to the Chamounix Valley?
9. How did Caroline present Elizabeth to young Victor in Chapter 1? How does Victor respond?
10. What does Victor see when he views the place where his brother’s body was found?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)