|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scarce necessity drove the creature to approach a shepherd’s dwelling after fleeing Frankenstein’s rooms?
2. What word does Victor use to describe his creature in the first moments of its life?
3. What was Victor’s family was doing on the night William disappeared?
(a) Visiting relatives.
(b) Preparing for a trip abroad.
(c) Working in the fields.
(d) Taking a walk.
4. Who speaks up passionately for Justine in court?
5. How did Victor’s father respond to Victor’s lack of response to family letters?
(a) With attempts at guilt.
(b) With a greater curiosity in his daily occupations.
(c) With a visit to the school.
(d) With anger and disapproval.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after his parents’ marriage was Victor born?
2. In what month does Victor finally find success at his experiment?
3. Why did Victor’s parents often visit the homes of the poor?
4. Before her death, how does Justine spend her final moment with Elizabeth?
5. What does Victor tell Robert Walton that he feels a slave of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Victor rush his journey home at the beginning of Chapter 7? What changes to cause him to delay his trip for a few days?
2. What is thought to be the motive for William’s murder? Why?
3. Where is the creature when Victor takes his friend back to his rooms in Chapter 5? How does Victor feel about this?
4. Why is Robert Walton pleased when Victor Frankenstein is brought aboard ship?
5. Which of the novel’s main themes does Robert Walton introduce in his letters to his sister?
6. What does Victor see when he views the place where his brother’s body was found?
7. What aspect of the creature did Victor forget to take into consideration while planning and executing his project?
8. Why does Robert Walton decide to write down Victor’s story for his sister?
9. What does Robert Walton claim the crew of his ship saw the day before picking up Victor? What is unusual about this sighting?
10. Who confesses to William’s murder? What significant discovery is made about this confession?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)