|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Victor in Chapter 10 when the creature approaches him?
(a) At the Inn.
(b) Walking in a pasture.
(c) The summit of Montavert.
(d) Leaving a local museum.
2. Why did Victor’s parents often visit the homes of the poor?
(a) They were searching for Caroline’s long lost brother.
(b) They hoped to find new servants.
(c) They had benevolent spirits.
(d) They liked to look down on the less fortunate.
3. What mountain range stands above the Chamounix Valley?
(a) Gran Paradiso.
(b) Mont Blanc.
(c) Maritime Alps.
4. At what age did Victor’s parents decide he should go to university?
5. How long after his parents’ marriage was Victor born?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Six months.
6. What was Victor’s family was doing on the night William disappeared?
(a) Working in the fields.
(b) Preparing for a trip abroad.
(c) Taking a walk.
(d) Visiting relatives.
7. What excuse does Victor give Henry for his poor appearance in Chapter 5?
(a) His professors have been pushing him too hard at school.
(b) He has been suffering from a lack of fuel for his stove.
(c) He is coming down with the flu.
(d) His work has kept him from sleep.
8. What verdict is handed down at Justine’s trial?
(a) A mistrial is called.
(b) She is convicted of a lesser crime.
(c) She is acquitted.
(d) She is found guilt.
9. What color eye does Victor’s creature have?
10. Who was Beaufort?
(a) Victor's cousin.
(b) A childhood friend of Victor's.
(c) A business partner of Alphonse.A business partner of Alphonse.
(d) Caroline's father.
11. Why does Victor feel uncomfortable when M. Waldman boasts about his achievements in school?
(a) He is modest.
(b) Because he is embarrassed that he didn’t tell Henry of his achievements himself.
(c) Because he is ashamed of the creature he created.
(d) Because he has not been to school in months due to illness.
12. Who speaks up passionately for Justine in court?
13. While at university, what did Victor wish to do with his scientific discoveries?
(a) Become rich and famous.
(b) Create a super race of soldiers.
(c) Return life to the dead.
(d) Rid the world of illness.
14. How long before William’s death did Elizabeth place a locket around his neck?
(a) A few days.
(b) A year.
(c) An hour.
(d) One month.
15. Who first tries to cheer Victor out of his depression in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. Growing up, what did Victor desire to learn above all else?
2. How long did Victor spend at school without a single visit home because of his devotion to his studies?
3. How does Justine die?
4. At the time of William’s death, how long had Victor been away from his family home?
5. Which of the following did Victor claim to have discovered through his laboratory work?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)