|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mountain range stands above the Chamounix Valley?
(b) Gran Paradiso.
(c) Mont Blanc.
(d) Maritime Alps.
2. Where is Victor in Chapter 10 when the creature approaches him?
(a) Leaving a local museum.
(b) Walking in a pasture.
(c) At the Inn.
(d) The summit of Montavert.
3. Who speaks up passionately for Justine in court?
4. What color eye does Victor’s creature have?
5. From where is Robert Walton writing his first letter in Opening Letters?
(d) New York.
6. At the time of William’s death, how long had Victor been away from his family home?
(a) Three years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Two years.
7. What is the profession of Henry Clerval’s father?
(a) A master.
(b) A public servant.
(c) An artist.
(d) A merchant.
8. How does the creature respond to Victor’s reaction to seeing him?
(a) With understanding.
(b) With anger.
(c) With homicidal intent.
(d) With sympathetic tears.
9. Who promises to try to save Justine from her punishment?
10. Where did Victor’s parents spent the first days of their marriage?
11. Why does Victor feel uncomfortable when M. Waldman boasts about his achievements in school?
(a) Because he is ashamed of the creature he created.
(b) Because he is embarrassed that he didn’t tell Henry of his achievements himself.
(c) Because he has not been to school in months due to illness.
(d) He is modest.
12. Where does the creature take Victor at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) To the Frankenstein family home.
(b) To a small mountain cottage.
(c) To the inn.
(d) To the cemetary.
13. To what does Victor say his friend, Henry, reintroduced him in the weeks after his illness?
(a) The skill of flirting with beautiful girls.
(b) The joys of fiction reading.
(c) The skill of attending social affairs, such as balls and parties.
(d) The joys of nature.
14. What does Victor tell Robert Walton that he feels a slave of?
(a) His profession.
(b) His wife.
(c) His creature.
(d) His passions.
15. While at university, what did Victor wish to do with his scientific discoveries?
(a) Become rich and famous.
(b) Rid the world of illness.
(c) Create a super race of soldiers.
(d) Return life to the dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Were did Robert Walton hire the ship and crew for his trip?
2. Why did Victor’s parents often visit the homes of the poor?
3. What is excommunication?
4. Before her death, how does Justine spend her final moment with Elizabeth?
5. Who is Ernest?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)