|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Closing Letters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Victor meet Henry Clerval?
(a) On the road to Geneva.
(b) Outside his rooms.
(c) At an inn where the diligences and carriages stop.
(d) At his school.
2. Who was Safie?
(a) Agatha's childhood friend.
(b) The cottager's wife.
(c) Felix’s fiancée.
(d) The cottager’s daughter.
3. What did the young girl do for her father every day that puzzled the creature?
(a) Help him dress.
(b) Read aloud to him.
(c) Cut up his food.
(d) Guide him down a garden path.
4. Why did the creature think the cottagers were unhappy?
(a) They disliked their home.
(b) They missed their mother.
(c) They were unhappy with their poverty.
(d) Their children had died.
5. What does Victor need to do before he can build a female companion for his creature?
(a) Learn female anatomy.
(b) Marry Elizabeth.
(c) Send his family into seclusion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long before William’s death did Elizabeth place a locket around his neck?
2. What word does Victor use to describe his creature in the first moments of its life?
3. Why didn’t the creature return to his hovel after his attempt to befriend the cottagers?
4. Who is Mr. Kirwin?
5. How did the creature imagine the woman in the portrait would feel if she ever set eyes on him?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)