|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Closing Letters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the creature think the cottagers were unhappy?
(a) Their children had died.
(b) They missed their mother.
(c) They were unhappy with their poverty.
(d) They disliked their home.
2. Why does Elizabeth believe Justine is guilty of her crime?
(a) The evidence is overwhelming.
(b) Victor convinces her of Justine’s guilt.
(c) Justine confesses.
(d) A witness comes forward.
3. What does the creature promise he will do when Victor gives him a companion?
(a) He will give him a large sum of money.
(b) He will exile himself, never to be around humans again.
(c) He will kill himself after a certain amount of time
(d) He will not bother him again.
4. Which of the following did Victor claim to have discovered through his laboratory work?
(a) The way in which the brain functions.
(b) The system by which air circulates within the body.
(c) The action of the human heart.
(d) The ability to animate lifeless matter.
5. What does Victor spend the first few days doing when he arrives in the Chamounix Valley?
(a) Touring museums.
(b) Walking in nature.
(d) Visiting friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion was Safie’s mother?
2. In what month does Victor finally find success at his experiment?
3. At what age did Victor’s parents decide he should go to university?
4. Besides money, what does Victor take with him when he leaves Geneva?
5. Who promises to try to save Justine from her punishment?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)