|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Closing Letters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his journey, why was the creature shot?
(a) He made the mistake of following a man and young girl.
(b) He was caught stealing.
(c) He took advantage of a young girl.
(d) He threatened to kill a man.
2. In Chapter 18, what does Victor begin doing that makes his father believe he is finally coming out of his depression?
(a) Throwing parties.
(b) Taking long walks.
(c) Telling jokes.
(d) Flirting with beautiful women.
3. Who was Felix?
(a) The cottager's dog.
(b) The young male cottager.
(c) The father of the cottagers.
(d) The young girl’s fiancé.
4. What is excommunication?
(a) Being forced out of one’s home and moved into another.
(b) A religious censure that keeps a Catholic from receiving absolution.
(c) A form of execution in which a prisoner is starved to death in a locked, isolated cell.
(d) The inability to speak to one’s friends or family members.
5. Why did Felix return to his hometown after helping Safie’s father escape from prison?
(a) To rescue Safie.
(b) To return to his job.
(c) To get married.
(d) To turn himself in for the sake of his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth believe Justine is guilty of her crime?
2. What did the creature think of the first village he ever set eyes on?
3. What religious beliefs caused Justine’s mother to call her daughter back home?
4. What does Victor spend the first few days doing when he arrives in the Chamounix Valley?
5. What does Henry hope to do while in London?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)