|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stories of “gentle and domestic manners” did the creature find fascinating?
(a) Plutarch's Lives.
(b) The daily lives of the cottagers.
(c) Sorrows of Werter.
(d) Paradise Lost.
2. Why is Justine on trial at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) She stole from the Frankenstein family.
(b) She is accused of killing William.
(c) She is accused of killing her mother.
(d) She took money from the local merchant.
3. How does Justine die?
(a) She is executed.
(b) The creature murdered her.
(c) She is killed in a freak electric storm.
(d) Scarlet fever.
4. What does Victor spend the first few days doing when he arrives in the Chamounix Valley?
(a) Walking in nature.
(c) Touring museums.
(d) Visiting friends.
5. Does Victor believe Justine is guilty of her crime?
(a) He does not believe her capable of the crime, but wonders if she might have offered assistance to the true criminal.
(b) No – she had nothing to do with it.
(c) Yes - she is the true criminal.
(d) He is keeping an open mind until all the evidence is presented.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the creature come across Justine Moritz?
2. Who did the creature say he was when he knocked on Mr. DeLacey’s door?
3. Were did Robert Walton hire the ship and crew for his trip?
4. Why did the creature think the cottagers were unhappy?
5. What color eye does Victor’s creature have?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)