|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Growing up, what did Victor desire to learn above all else?
(a) Languages and science.
(b) The law.
(c) The secrets of heaven and earth.
(d) Politics of various states.
2. After his mother’s death, what was one of the reasons why Victor delayed his departure to university?
(a) To console family members.
(b) The plan his mother's funeral.
(c) To help his father settle the estate.
(d) To help Elizabeth through her grief.
3. To whom is Robert Walton writing letters in the Opening Letters?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
4. Which of the following began Victor’s fascination with lightning and electricity?
(a) Albert Einstein’s scientific breakthroughs.
(b) A storm that destroys the family home.
(c) An electric storm that destroys a nearby tree.
(d) Benjamin Franklin’s scientific experiments.
5. What causes Victor to laugh uncontrollably as he welcomes Henry into his rooms?
(a) A moment of mental confusion.
(b) Relief that he remembered to clean his dirty laundry.
(c) The absence of the creature.
(d) Joy at seeing his friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Victor, what must one study if they want to examine the causes of life?
2. What subject did Henry’s father tell him repeatedly he could make good money without knowing?
3. To what does Victor say his friend, Henry, reintroduced him in the weeks after his illness?
4. How long after his parents’ marriage was Victor born?
5. How many days after being exposed to illness did Caroline become ill in Chapter 3?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)